Terms of Service and Rules
Terms of Service
The providers ("we", "us", "our") of the service provided by this web site ("Service") are not responsible for any user-generated content ("Content"). Content posted express the views of their author only.
You agree to not use the Service to post or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws.
We reserve the rights to remove or modify any Content posted for any reason without explanation. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We reserve the right to take action against any account with the Service at any time.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.
All Content you submit or upload may be reviewed by staff members. Do not submit any Content that you consider to be private or confidential.
These terms may be changed at any time without notice.
If you do not agree with these terms, please do not register or use this Service. If you wish to close your account, please contact us.
We reserve the right to deny registrations to our site.
Fellowsfilm Rules and Regulations
Introduction to the Fellowsfilm Forums
- Multiple posts are not allowed and will result in the removal of one or more posts. Multi-posting is defined as posting the same information in two or more locations. When posting your topic, please try to post it in the most appropriate place within the structure of our community. Identical topics posted in the same or different forums will be removed.
- While member post count has meaning, it should not be taken too seriously. Attempts to artificially increase your post count are prohibited. This includes the mass creation of short or meaningless posts. When participating in game threads such as "Word Association Game" or "What song are you listening to right now?" please do not post consecutive replies within a short period of time.
- Advertisements are not allowed. Generally speaking, posts made specifically for the promotion of a website, product or service are considered advertising or, at least, posts made that unnecessarily send people to a website that you are in some way affiliated with. It does not matter if it is a commercial website, a personal website, a non-profit website, etc. We do authorise and/or sell advertisements on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in utilising this option, please contact us.
- You are not allowed to post an affiliate URL that leads to you earning cash, banner impressions, credits, points, etc. Such links are only allowed in signatures and profiles, but may not be referred to in posts.
- Do not post personal, real-life information such as home addresses and home phone numbers.
- As this is an English-speaking community, we require that posted content be in the English language, so that it can be well received and properly monitored by our moderation team.
- Vulgar language and inappropriate material is not allowed and will be removed. Abbreviations, self-censoring, and attempts to circumvent the word censoring feature of the community software also violate this guideline. If your post contains a word that is censored by the software, you must remove that word or the post will be removed. If you feel that the censor is acting in error, please contact us.
- Posts that discuss illegal activities, transactions, or websites such as warez, cracks, etc. will be removed. This includes the posting of information that you have obtained illegally such as beta content or previews.
- Political and religious discussions are not allowed on this website. If it is believed that the end result of a discussion will be political or religious, the post may be removed. Likewise, strong political and religious sentiments should be kept out of profiles, signatures, and other content.
- Do not post copyrighted materials (articles, videos, audio, etc.) that you do not have permission to reproduce or distribute. For text articles, most of the time you may quote a small portion of the article (usually no more than 1/5 or 1/6) and you must link to the source (if online) or provide the source (if offline). Posting the entire article, even with the source, constitutes copyright infringement. This is not the place to illegally trade or distribute copyrighted (or those with questionable copyright status) video or audio clips.
- The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post or file at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users. #
- The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging. #
- Each user is allowed to create one account. If you would like to change your username, please contact us and, most likely, we can do it for you while you can keep all of your profile data, posts, and other content.
- We know that people will have to leave our community (of their own free will or otherwise) from time to time and to that end, we do not delete accounts, posts, or other content posted on our community. All content is granted to us with perpetual electronic publishing rights because any content posted on this community becomes a part of the community, even if you no longer are. You may request an item to be removed at any time, but we will decide when and if to remove content from our community. If you wish to no longer be identified with our community, we will be glad to close your account and alter your profile information to remove all identifying characteristics. After account closure, you will no longer be able to participate in this community and this action is not reversible.
All signature links must be kept in your signature in your profile. Anyone found to be posting excessive links to their websites or suspected of using "sneaky" advertising methods is in violation of this guideline. You may only post a link to your site/a site that you are in some way affiliated with if the link specifically answers the question that is being asked and the answer cannot be simply posted without the link. Even then, link directly to the page where the information can be found. General and unnecessary links will be tagged as advertising. If you are found to be excessively posting links to your site (or you appear to be seeking out threads where your link may be relevant, so that you can post it), you may lose the ability to post links to your site.
We try to maintain a family friendly atmosphere whenever it is possible within the main subject matter of this community. Please keep this in mind when participating.
- Signatures may contain up to six (6) lines of text OR a single image that is no more than 600px high and one line of small sized text. The font size of signatures should be normal or small only. #
- Signatures containing an image of 300px in height may include up to two lines of normal sized text or three lines of small sized text. Images 150px or below in height may contain up to three lines of normal sized text or four lines of small sized text. #
- Content in signatures should be consistent with normal writing and abide by the general forum etiquette. You may not include hidden text or links or information that suggests you offer official support for Fellowsfilm. #
- Remote signature images must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. Animated images are not permitted. #
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their signature privileges revoked. #
- Avatars should be no larger than 250x250 pixels. (Any larger will be automatically made smaller to fit. #
- Avatars must not contain animation or include graphics which attempt to portray the ranks or avatars of Fellowsfilm Team Members. Users are permitted to utilise an avatar from the Fellowsfilm gallery or link externally to one of their own. #
- Remote avatars must have a consistently high availability to ensure page load times are not affected. #
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to the general forum etiquette. #
- Users abusing these rules will be warned or have their avatar privileges revoked. #
- Official packages released by the Fellowsfilm or UKDT Team and available through this website are given the highest allocation of support resources. Very limited support will be offered for Fellowsfilm/UKDT related packages downloaded from other websites and no support given for repackaged versions of our addons. Primary support should always be sought from the developer/s of the package that you are using. #
- Likewise, specific questions regarding the setup or usage of PHP, MySQL, Apache, Linux, etc. are outside of this website's scope. If the vendor's website does not provide a means of resolving your issue, the next best choice would be a discussion board that specialises in server setup and configuration. #
- Support will not be offered for any pre-release (Beta) version of any modification. This includes versions obtained through pirate means. #
- Members are strongly encouraged to follow the instructions in the installation guide provided with an addon.
- Community based support is offered via specific developer support topics and sometimes via PM (Although don't be surprised if they don't answer you). We ask that you do not contact the Fellowsfilm Team members or other members of the community for support via PM/IM/email unless asked to do so. Likewise, it is not necessary to notify us of new replies to your topic; all members of the staff regularly monitor their respective forums for new posts. #
- Please take note of any stickies and announcements (located above regular topics) as they often contain frequently asked questions and additional forum-specific guidelines. #
- Replying directly after your own post (or "bumping") is only permitted after 12 hours have elapsed since your last post. You may only bump a topic a maximum of two times until a reply is received. If you fail to receive a reply, consider editing your post and include further information which may aid support. (A moderator might delete your bumps at any time if deemed annoying).#
- Please remember that Fellowsfilm is primarily non-profit, anything supplied to you is provided in our spare time and supported by a team of volunteers. All members of the staff and community are assisting you during their spare time with only your gratitude as compensation. We ask that you consider this before posting. #
- In addition to rules 1d, 1e, etc., no support will be provided for any file suspected of illegal activity, including copyright violation. #
Support of addons, modifications, etc. and linking offsite
- If the author of a mod, addon, etc. maintains their own support board they may direct users to that board or site for the purpose of offering support and/or updates to their Mod/s. Alternatively authors may maintain a topic here at fellowsfilm.co.uk (in the appropriate forum) for each item they produce, directing users to that topic where appropriate. Such topics are intended for support only and not for general promotion of non-fellowsfilm/UKDT, sites, and so forth. #
- Members may include or post links to 3rd party sites in an effort to render support for Fellowsfilm in response to a support request (including requests for Mods not available at this site). Members are not permitted to post links to material unrelated to Fellowsfilm/UKDT or where linked material is not relevant to a given support request. #
- Fellowsfilm operates a three strike policy. Users will be warned a maximum of three times for any and all offences in a three month period. If the need arises for a fourth warning a temporary ban will be put in place of between 1 to 7 days or 1 month if a member recieves 6 warning points within a 3 month period. #
- Arguing with team members after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above. #
- Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the relevant team leader, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they will remove a warning. #
- Any attempt to circumvent a temporary ban or other moderator action will lead to a permanent ban of your account(s). Circumvention includes re-registering or using an already registered account under a non-banned username. Other examples include changing IP addresses, using a new email account or other action that can be taken to evade moderator action to hide your identity as the owner of the sanctioned account. #
- An exception to the three strike rule applies when users contact team members personally (via any method) and post insulting, indecent or vulgar material. Such users may be subject to an immediate permanent ban. #
- Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Fellowsfilm may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence. #
- This is an english speaking community and as such no translations are required, but if you speak a different language (EG. German) you may also post a translation in a spoiler.#
Participation in the Fellowsfilm Network constitutes agreement to the following guidelines, which apply to posts, profile information, avatars, signatures, any other content on this site and participation in general. This includes private messages, which we have the ability to read, but only do so when a violation is reported to us or we have a legitimate reason. Although rare, it does happen. Because of the live nature of the discussions on this community, it is not possible for us to review and/or confirm the accuracy or validity of a message before it is posted. If you believe that someone has violated our User Guidelines or you have spotted content that may otherwise require attention, please send a private message to me or a staff member with a link to the content and a brief description of what you believe is wrong. Notification is voluntary and anonymous, but in no case should a user respond to a situation personally, thereby aggravating the situation further. Responding to a violation in an inflammatory manner is a violation in itself and will result in appropriate action. This is a non profit website that will attempt to generate revenue through avenues that we deem appropriate to support our forums. Any content that violates our User Guidelines will be removed. Interpretation of our guidelines is at the discretion of the staff.