Maps Aversham (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Aversham!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.08 - 23.56.37.86_edit.png

Aversham is a map being developed solely by me and has been in development for since January 2016. So let me tell you a little bit about my map.

(Averbus Emerald/Averbus Standard)

37 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 45 min journey time)
38 - Avon Parkway -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
80/80A - Avershire University -> Cicester/Avon Parkway (every 60 mins each, 45/55 min journey time)
83 - Avershire University -> Aversham Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
87 - Avershire University -> Oakwood Bus Garage (every 30 mins, 35 min journey time)
88 - Henley University Hospital -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 61 min journey time, FAST between Fenton & Cicester)
99 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 25 min journey time)

Current Progress

Overall Map: 47%
Roads: 100%
AI Routes: 100%
Scenery: 49%
Repaints: 100%

Averbus repaints have been made by @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation and @Whiskey.Stuffs.

Timescales/Release Date
I have no set timescale or release date in my head. This is a big map and I want it to be completed properly in my own time. Please don't ask for me for release dates or betas, because frankly, I don't know when this will be. This map will be released in it's complete state, there will be no open betas. Any complements and criticisms are welcome, I am not 100% sure about the rules when it comes to signage/road markings, please let me know if anything you see is incorrect or out of place.

Will Aversham be freeware?
Yes, it will. Aversham was initially started to help build my mapping skills, and I personally believe I have come a long way since I started nearly 2 and a half years ago. I want everyone to enjoy Aversham once it is complete, so I will not be charging for it.

OrangePeel

Last edited:

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Interesting. I just cannot quite grasp words to describe the "feel" of your map so far..

Phenomenal progress for 4 months. Will keep my eyes on this.

If you need repaints contact me and I will see what I can do. :)

Reactions: OrangePeel

Advertisement

Thank you @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation, I've tried making my own repaints using Paint.net but they haven't quite come out how I hoped they would!

@henryhoward14 those are the default B7L fonts, I haven't changed anything.

Well they look a little orange at first now I can see that they are ordinary and I think that the map looks AMAZING so far also I was wondering if that is a NX Aversham repaint for the Gemini 2?

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Thank you @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation, I've tried making my own repaints using Paint.net but they haven't quite come out how I hoped they would!

@henryhoward14 those are the default B7L fonts, I haven't changed anything.

Well, I can make some things for you. Just tell me what you need and I'll be right on it! 

And what I think Henry is confused about is that you've changed the colour, since they come as green.

Advertisement

@henryhoward14 What I've noticed is that during the daytime (in-game) the matrix is green, but in the night time it turns orange. No idea why that happens tbh  :D

Also the NX Aversham repaint is something I edited myself, I've just changed the NX Crimson repaint to say "Aversham" instead of "West Midlands", just temporarily until I have proper repaints for the map.

Thank you for the compliment! 

@ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation I'll draw up some designs for what I would like, if you could make repaints that would fantastic mate, I will also credit you upon release haha. I'll PM you tomorrow if thats okay?

Reactions: Lukeyboi
Time for a small update!

I've been working on the rural section between Cicester and Banbury today, making a few improvements here and there. The Tring Ruins are my first custom objects I've been able to get working properly in OMSI; I'm pretty happy with the way this general area looks now, let me know what you think!

View attachment 3445

The View towards Tring House and Cicester at night.

View attachment 3446
imageproxy.php

Looking towards Banbury-de-Barnes - Tring Ruins are on the left and Tring Reservoir is on the right.

View attachment 3447

A closer look at the ruins on the left hand side.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bus Boy I tend to work on Aversham during the evening/night, and because my OMSI is set to use real time in-game, that's why they always tend to be quite dark. I will take some daytime screenshots for my next update though.

@robertharris1996 To be honest, the name Aversham was based off Amersham in Buckinghamshire, Cicester is a play on Bicester in Oxfordshire. I like the name Banbury so I didn't change it, instead adding "-de-Barnes" on the end (from Catherine-de-Barnes near Birmingham). 

@Add-On London - Jamie Thank you!

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread