Maps Aversham (1 Viewer)

Welcome to Aversham!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.05.08 - 23.56.37.86_edit.png

Aversham is a map being developed solely by me and has been in development for since January 2016. So let me tell you a little bit about my map.

(Averbus Emerald/Averbus Standard)

37 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 45 min journey time)
38 - Avon Parkway -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
80/80A - Avershire University -> Cicester/Avon Parkway (every 60 mins each, 45/55 min journey time)
83 - Avershire University -> Aversham Bus Station (every 30 mins, 27 min journey time)
87 - Avershire University -> Oakwood Bus Garage (every 30 mins, 35 min journey time)
88 - Henley University Hospital -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 61 min journey time, FAST between Fenton & Cicester)
99 - Aversham Bus Station -> Halewood Bus Station (every 30 mins, 25 min journey time)

Current Progress

Overall Map: 47%
Roads: 100%
AI Routes: 100%
Scenery: 49%
Repaints: 100%

Averbus repaints have been made by @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation and @Whiskey.Stuffs.

Timescales/Release Date
I have no set timescale or release date in my head. This is a big map and I want it to be completed properly in my own time. Please don't ask for me for release dates or betas, because frankly, I don't know when this will be. This map will be released in it's complete state, there will be no open betas. Any complements and criticisms are welcome, I am not 100% sure about the rules when it comes to signage/road markings, please let me know if anything you see is incorrect or out of place.

Will Aversham be freeware?
Yes, it will. Aversham was initially started to help build my mapping skills, and I personally believe I have come a long way since I started nearly 2 and a half years ago. I want everyone to enjoy Aversham once it is complete, so I will not be charging for it.

OrangePeel

Last edited:

Advertisement

That all sounds very good! This may be a bit of a silly question but will the LH Citaro G by Lowlander21 be used as AI on this Map?

After having a little play around with it, I think it would make a great addition to Aversham.

Currently, the 75 (and the once daily 75S service) use the B7L facelift. The Citaro could quite easily replace this, so I would like to include it in the final AI list, assuming there are no issues using it as AI.

Zeliux

Something Questionable
Mar 24, 2016
Leicester
Welcome to Aversham!

Aversham is a map being developed solely by me and has been in development for about 4 months now. So let me tell you a little bit about my map.

Click here to view the latest update

The Routes

11U - Aversham Town Hall --> Avershire University via Fenton (25 minute journey time)

59X - Fenton Sundial Lane --> Halewood Station (Express Service) via Oakwood & Cicester (35 minute journey time)

75/75A - Aversham Town Hall --> Cicester/Avon Parkway via Oakwood (19/27 minute journey time)

These are the main 3 routes on the map, running through most of the day (59X, 75) and even through the night (11U). There are also some peak time and evening variants that operate to position vehicles closer to garage and to enable interworking between routes where strategically needed. These are the variants that operate along with when they run:

59 - Fenton Sundial Lane --> Halewood Station (all stops, Evening and Sundays only, 40 minute journey time)

59A - Aversham Town Hall --> Halewood Station (all stops, Evening and Sundays only, 32 minute jouney time)

75X - Avon Parkway --> Aversham (stops only at Oakwood IKEA for interchange with the 59X, 75/75A and rail services, 24/7 service, 23 minute journey time)

Current Progress

Overall Map: 23%

Roads: 95%

AI Routes: 97%

Scenery: 20%

Repaints: 100%

Averbus repaints have been made by @ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation and @Whiskey.Stuffs.

View attachment 3396

An 11U service heads off the Fenton Busway on its way towards Avershire University

View attachment 3397

Meanwhile heading in the other direction, an 11U service enters the busway on its way towards Aversham

View attachment 3398

A 59A service picks up outside Oakley House (this is an old screenshot, this is now route 59)

View attachment 3401

View attachment 3402

A lightly loaded 75A waits time on Oakwood Drive while heading towards Avon Parkway

Timescales/Release Date

I have no set timescale or release date in my head. This is a big map and I want it to be completed properly in my own time. Please don't ask for me for release dates or betas, because frankly, I don't know when this will be. This map will be released in it's complete state, there will be no open betas.

Any complements and criticisms are welcome, I am not 100% sure about the rules when it comes to signage/road markings, please let me know if anything you see is incorrect or out of place.

OrangePeel
Sorry, maybe its just me but you have posted images for train simulator :P

After having a little play around with it, I think it would make a great addition to Aversham.

Currently, the 75 (and the once daily 75S service) use the B7L facelift. The Citaro could quite easily replace this, so I would like to include it in the final AI list, assuming there are no issues using it as AI.
I also think that a Citaro would be a better option that the B7L Facelift as tbh, the Citaro is nicer to drive! :)

Reactions: OrangePeel
More progress!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 15.52.46.78.png

Over the last few days, I have made some major and minor changes to Aversham.

Firstly, the 75, 75S and 241 are now Citaro operated and the AI list has been updated to reflect this. Furthermore, I have taken the opportunity to replace the German cars with British ones, which has made quite a massive difference in terms of the authenticity and feel of the map.

I have also corrected an issue pointed out a few days ago regarding the cycle lanes on Cicester Road. I have added in road markings, as well as raising the cycle lane to the correct height.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 10.23.32.85.png

The improved Cicester Road cycle lanes (the floating marker on the right has been sorted out).

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 10.23.53.21.png

Looking towards Aversham.

Work has also continued towards Oakwood High, literally just round the corner from Oakwood Village.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 10.29.17.91.png

The once daily 75S service heads towards Oakwood High, with Oakwoods rising tower blocks in the backgorund.

Some minor changes have been made to Oakwood railway station, with the addition of level crossing barriers coming after campaigners won their battle with Avershire county council.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 15.42.50.36.png

Simple, but useful level crossing barriers.

Banbury Gateway now has a monument! A monument has been erected on the roundabout to honour those who have grown up in Avershire and contributed something great to the country.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 15.54.43.40.png

Banbury Gateway's new monument.

Finally, something else brand new to OMSI! Inspired by rural cattle crossings, I have developed one for Aversham. Similar to the way the chicane works, it uses traffic light phases to control the lights.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 15.53.25.41.png

The cattle crossing is composed of two optical traffic lights, remaining off and inactive when not in use.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 15.53.33.83.png

When cattle need to cross, the light shows an Amber signal for 5 seconds, before proceeding to flash Amber for a bit.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.15 - 15.52.46.78.png

Once the cattle are across, the light holds steady Amber for another 5 seconds, before switching off again.

As usual, any feedback is greatly appreciated and I hope you enjoy reading through this post. I am going away on holiday for 10 days tomorrow, so this will be the final update until the end of February.

OrangePeel

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
o3d pack has various animals, I guess you could get in touch with the owner to see about acquiring the cow model, or find one on Turbosquid. But then you'll have to learn how to animate them. Idk if OMSI uses bones or straight anims, though (but it is technically possible, see: cyclists).

o3d pack has various animals, I guess you could get in touch with the owner to see about acquiring the cow model, or find one on Turbosquid. But then you'll have to learn how to animate them. Idk if OMSI uses bones or straight anims, though (but it is technically possible, see: cyclists).

Good idea, I'll have look into it once I've got the basic scenery in place.

There is a cow object over on Aussiex and a sheep :)

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into that :)

Map update

I am now back from my holiday and map development will resume shortly. While away, I've been inspired by some very rural villages I've driven through.

The plan for me now is to now extend the map slightly, as the current terminus at Halewood Station was never intended to be permenant.

The 59, 59A and 59X routes will be extended by about 15 minutes, passing through at least 3 new, small villages along the way. This will make the 59 the longest route in the map, taking the total driving time to north of 60 minutes. Halewood will still be the final terminus, just not in its current location.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Welcome to Wales!

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.26 - 09.33.39.55.png

As part of my previously mentioned expansion to Aversham, I have expanded the map over the Welsh border, making this a dual-country fictional map. I have been toying with this idea for a while, putting up dual English/Welsh signage at train stations and having train services run by Arriva Trains Wales. Routes 59/A/X and 313 will cross the border, visiting numerous Welsh villages before arriving in Halewood.

Work has begun on the first of these villages, Alterdyfi. This is the closest village to the English border, sitting a 3 minute drive away from the A59. Alterdyfi has a small population, however the local pub and heritage railway do good business.

These screenshots show a very W.I.P Alterdyfi, and will most likely not be entirely representative of the final product. I don't normally upload W.I.P screenshots, so this is a nice change for me.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.26 - 09.31.12.45.png

Alterdyfi level crossing on a quiet day. The heritage railway crosses Halewood Road here, before winding up behind the pub and into the station.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.26 - 09.33.12.72.png

Looking away from Alterdyfi towards Quinton and Cicester. In order to slow down speeding drivers, a chicane was installed last year.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.26 - 09.33.39.55.png

Looking towards Alterdyfi from Quinton/Cicester. The empty area to the left will be the new home to a brand new housing estate.

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.26 - 09.34.10.79.png

Looking towards Quinton/Cicester. Avershire County forest stands behind Alterdyfi, with Avershire and Neston County councils taking responsibility for the AONB.

This is my first attempt at a traditional British village. What you see, is the progress I made in a couple hours this morning, armed with my pen and paper for layout and measurements. I will post more screenshots here when the village is complete.

I'm particularly interested in any feedback, good or bad, seeing as villages aren't my strongest point. I would greatly appreciate it!

Many thanks,
OrangePeel

This looks like a really good start. I like your plans to include some villages, and i look forward to seeing this develop.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your comments, good to know I'm heading in the right direction!

As a side note - I'm trying to create Averbus repaints for the ALX400 (identical to the current Averbus ones for the B9TL), however I can't seem to get my head around how to use the repaint template properly. If anyone could get in help get me on the right track I would greatly appreciate it (and you'll be credited in the release too)!

Hello again! I managed to figure out the ALX400 repaint templates after a search on Google. I've knocked up a basic Emerald repaint, just so I have something better to use in screenshots rather than a TWM repaint (ignore the seats, they will be changed soon).

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.28 - 18.32.50.32.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.28 - 18.33.05.81.png

Desktop Screenshot 2018.02.28 - 18.34.19.11.png

I'm quite pleased considering that was my first proper repaint, it has come out quite well.

14dryan

Sloth
Oct 27, 2016
West Sussex
Hello again! I managed to figure out the ALX400 repaint templates after a search on Google. I've knocked up a basic Emerald repaint, just so I have something better to use in screenshots rather than a TWM repaint (ignore the seats, they will be changed soon).

View attachment 25708

View attachment 25709

View attachment 25710

I'm quite pleased considering that was my first proper repaint, it has come out quite well.

Thats a great looking repaint! This map is coming along really well. If i were to offer some constructive criticism, perhaps look at changing the font on the sign above the door, it looks to be a rather basic font, perhaps use the font you've used for the 'emerald' logo (which looks great btw). Just a suggestion anyway, its a great repaint considering its your first attempt.

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: OrangePeel

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread