Blue Sky due to "I don't know how to use a computer" and other such junk (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you take a screenshot of your maps folder

15748971_1195466840569107_1128194769_o.png

15748102_1195491753899949_1585852685_o.png

15748043_1195466287235829_248523406_o.png

Last edited:

Advertisement

As said repeatedly by other members in the main OMSI 2 menu you have to select load map without buses, then scroll and look for "BoTW Legacy Edition"

Regarding to why it's not appearing in maptools, I have no idea.
I've never had to press the load map without buses button before loading a new map. I don't think this is the issue as it also doesn't show in MapTools. Either something hasn't been installed correctly, the download was corrupt or OMSI needs verifying.

D

Deleted member 422

I've never had to press the load map without buses button before loading a new map. I don't think this is the issue as it also doesn't show in MapTools. Either something hasn't been installed correctly, the download was corrupt or OMSI needs verifying.
Normally with a new map, there is no 'last situation' documented in the map files, and so it has errors loading or doesn't show. This should happen for all new maps.

However, he is right in the fact that this isn't the problem. Anything that is there as a folder should show up in map tools.

@phillip20164 Could you screenshot what is inside the BoTW Legacy folder please?
Also, the many maps downloaded from Jamie Wheatley are notoriously bad for messing up your Omsi. Therefore it may also have something to do with this. Your other option is to verify your Steam Files and see what happens.

Normally with a new map, there is no 'last situation' documented in the map files, and so it has errors loading or doesn't show. This should happen for all new maps.

However, he is right in the fact that this isn't the problem. Anything that is there as a folder should show up in map tools.

@phillip20164 Could you screenshot what is inside the BoTW Legacy folder please?
Also, the many maps downloaded from Jamie Wheatley are notoriously bad for messing up your Omsi. Therefore it may also have something to do with this. Your other option is to verify your Steam Files and see what happens.
15817819_1197741133675011_1198617915_o.png

D

Deleted member 422

@phillip20164 Might it have something to do with the way you access the files. Using This PC\Desktop\Omsi2\Maps might not be recognised by Omsi. Try copying the map folder over, into Program Files(x86) or just Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Omsi2\Maps and see what happens. I didn't notice that part before :)

Advertisement

@phillip20164 Might it have something to do with the way you access the files. Using This PC\Desktop\Omsi2\Maps might not be recognised by Omsi. Try copying the map folder over, into Program Files(x86) or just Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Omsi2\Maps and see what happens. I didn't notice that part before :)
Am just copying all the files into Program Files(x86) or just Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Omsi2

Nov 4, 2016
Do you actually have more than 1 OMSI 2 directory, like the one you're using right now is Desktop\OMSI 2\, is there another file like C:\Backups(whatever name)\...\OMSI 2? also would help if you could screenshot maptools.ini

Advertisement

Nov 4, 2016
That's why half of my Omsi 2 isn't working

I think I have the explanation for maptools and OMSI 2 now.

For OMSI 2:
You have yet to do the following:
1. Start omsi.exe
2. When the menu shows, click on Load map without buses (default to Load latest situation of map), this way OMSI will look for all your maps
3. Select BoTW Legacy
Four. all set to go.

For maptools:
maptools comes with 2 files, maptools.exe and maptools.ini
1. Open up maptools.ini
2. It might display something like C:\Games\OMSI 2 (depending where your OMSI 2 Directory is)
3. Change it to Desktop\OMSI 2 (idk what's the path for desktop files but it should be along the lines.
Four. This way maptools knows where your OMSI 2 map folder is (which is where Legacy Edition is installed so you will get it)

Explanation:
maptools: because you copied over your omsi 2 files, but you didn't edit your maptools for where your NEW Omsi 2 directory path is, so maptools is still loading the old path

I think I have the explanation for maptools and OMSI 2 now.

For OMSI 2:
You have yet to do the following:
1. Start omsi.exe
2. When the menu shows, click on Load map without buses (default to Load latest situation of map), this way OMSI will look for all your maps
3. Select BoTW Legacy
Four. all set to go.

For maptools:
maptools comes with 2 files, maptools.exe and maptools.ini
1. Open up maptools.ini
2. It might display something like C:\Games\OMSI 2 (depending where your OMSI 2 Directory is)
3. Change it to Desktop\OMSI 2 (idk what's the path for desktop files but it should be along the lines.
Four. This way maptools knows where your OMSI 2 map folder is (which is where Legacy Edition is installed so you will get it)

Explanation:
maptools: because you copied over your omsi 2 files, but you didn't edit your maptools for where your NEW Omsi 2 directory path is, so maptools is still loading the old path
Am copying the whole Omsi 2 Directory into Program Files(x86) or just Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\Omsi2

If you have OMSI 2 on steam, the directory will already be created at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OMSI 2. You need to put the files from the downloaded compressed file into that. You cannot just copy the directory and put it on your desktop as OMSI won't recognise it there. You might aswell delete the desktop one or at least transfer across all the files.

If you have OMSI 2 on steam, the directory will already be created at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\OMSI 2. You need to put the files from the downloaded compressed file into that. You cannot just copy the directory and put it on your desktop as OMSI won't recognise it there. You might aswell delete the desktop one or at least transfer across all the files.
I am transferring all my files across and then deleting the desktop one

Reactions: Edward S (MilPop14)

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread