Maps Greater Manchester (4 Viewers)

{Update this post was updated with upto date images & Info 13/3/2020}

Hello, Fellow Bus Drivers/Omsi Veg

Myself and Josh and other developers are working on Greater Manchester the Main routes I will be trying to recreate into OMSI 2 is 571/572 which is a Great lever circular from Bolton interchange, I also will be working on the 500 bus route which is operated by vision bus I then intend to make the 575 diamond to Horwich which will bring in the 576 Arriva to Horwich, after this a big decision will be made if I make the 582 or the old 22 bus route from Bolton Bus Station - Stockport Bus Station ( it's 26 miles long and 2 hour route)

The map started off at Bolton Interchange including 125 to Chorley only, 500, 571/572, 575/(576).

Will this include different bus companies? Yes it will that can range from Diamond North West, Arriva, Vision Bus.

What year is the map set in? Well for those who like the older bus station I will include a modification to use that station or the new one. This allows people to do what they're happy with.

I aim to make this map quite a big map so over years it will become larger.
I may be looking for some help if you Inbox me I mainly am Looking for Realistic Buildings that could improve detail of the map and realism. Some buildings will be fictional placed due to time it takes to build them it is much quicker and this is mainly a personal project I'm willing to release when I'm done with it.

Release of this map is still yet Unknown but I will be keeping updates coming of the map this map may take a while to make as I do not get alot of freetime.
more information will be released soon

Screenshots So Far:

252530_20210313005212_1.png
252530_20210313005847_1.png

20210306010119_1.jpg
20210306191521_1.jpg
20210308185551_1.jpg
20210309053129_1.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
How them buses gna reverse out?
The AI are lined to just drive alongside the stops not in , I know not the most realistic but got to work with what you got.
This may be the wrong thing to get excited about but I LOVE that Diamond Citaro! By the way great work on the map.
Completely full reason because I'm going to release my Diamond Repains with this map in the future or i might release them sooner depends on my progress at the moment They will be with the map.

Reactions: Mikey

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
UPDATE:
I have no screenshots as of now but to keep you all informed I have been working to complete all the roads made for horwich with road marking bus stops etc nothing to interesting at the moment I will keep you posted with any other progress as delayed as to personal reasons, hopefully will be back working properly soon :) Project Is still active just less time spent doing it.

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Map looks great so far!

PS: Maybe you could edit your initial post as not to confuse other people!
You can’t edit a post after it has been up for more than 30 minutes.

EDIT: I’m such a hypocrite, it’s 35 minutes after the original post and I can still edit it, don’t listen to me ????

Last edited:

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Unfortunately I have just been discharged from hospital and that means not only have I not worked on the map I can't work on it for couple weeks due to my pain from surgery I had dismorning, it's been a week and I hope.to get back to it, if you are interested in why I went to hospital I had an accident on my bike and got an hernia and they stitched up my split muscle leaving an two in stitch near my groin so you can imagine my pain so please bare with me I hope to get content back ouit asap

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
if you are interested in why I went to hospital I had an accident on my bike and got an hernia and they stitched up my split muscle leaving an two in stitch near my groin so you can imagine my pain
Ooh, that seems pretty rough, I'm cringing from here.

Get well soon, mate.

Reactions: Joshua Ramsden

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Unfortunately I have just been discharged from hospital and that means not only have I not worked on the map I can't work on it for couple weeks due to my pain from surgery I had dismorning, it's been a week and I hope.to get back to it, if you are interested in why I went to hospital I had an accident on my bike and got an hernia and they stitched up my split muscle leaving an two in stitch near my groin so you can imagine my pain so please bare with me I hope to get content back ouit asap
Sorry to hear about your misfortune and I hope to hear of you back on the mend ASAP!

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Really sorry to hear that!! :eek:
I hope you'll get better soon! :rolleyes::)

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
After a fast recovery, I can hapily say I am back making progress on my map the screenshot below is my progress so far connecting Chorley old road to Moss Bank way, to then connect up in Horwich my plans from there are complete all roads with markings, paint, streetlights, etc to then proceed to create routes down to Preston & Chorley & / or at first connect up to Wigan depending on the order I choose, With this in mind I am happy for contributors to join in, in any way shape or form you maywant just hit me up in private on your way of contributing this is a community project I have decided to work on and I'm happy for the community to join in on making resources for this project.

If you wish to contribute in anyway shape or form these are some of the things I would gladly accept help in:

Repaints
Sceneary Objects -> e.g Buildings

Simple things like that.

Thank you all on your support so far I am working on this as much as I can to push for this date of release in the nearby future.
1532038047835.png

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
We are now connected and since Some things didnt line up we have a bit of a mind created part of the map for the 125 route, Now to fully fix up all the roads and markings , bearing in mind this fictional is quite lengthy So I'm thinking of putting a Bus Station in there.

This could bring in an new route into action which will be fictional. I do tend this map to have Alot of routes drivable.

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
As I've yet to skin some Vision bus liveries for the A21 & C400R I've filled the First Depot up with them. As shown below, there was a change in the size of the fictional part of the route to reduce it I have decided to call this area Codale.
1532137145802.png

This Screenshot was Captured Where Horwich Leisure Centre is and the mini roundabout that connects Victoria Road & Chorley Old Road together
OMSI2_20180721_031320.jpg

This Screenshot is where You go into Codale Bus Depot Where there is a Terminus and Depot for buses
OMSI2_20180721_030608.jpg

Outside View of the Picture Above
OMSI2_20180721_030602.jpg

Please Do note the destinations are already set to their real location , I do want to attempt on having Scrolling destinations depends if I can figure out how but that will bring alot of realism to the game, I have been working on this map for three months purely so thanks for sticking by the people that do, any suggestions on Route numbers for Some fictional Routes I will be making, there are many possibilities for routes from here if I end up finishing this fully.
Feel free to ask any questions about this.
As of now I do not have a release date at all in any form of mind as this project is far from finished, infact it's barely even started it just takes alot of time haha.
Anyway I will be finishing up the Road marking etc, Replacing lights which will take a while as Omsi Editor decided Nope not having street lights (Grrr) but after that it will be the move to Chorley.

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
As I've yet to skin some Vision bus liveries for the A21 & C400R I've filled the First Depot up with them. As shown below, there was a change in the size of the fictional part of the route to reduce it I have decided to call this area Codale.
View attachment 32080
This Screenshot was Captured Where Horwich Leisure Centre is and the mini roundabout that connects Victoria Road & Chorley Old Road togetherView attachment 32083
This Screenshot is where You go into Codale Bus Depot Where there is a Terminus and Depot for busesView attachment 32082
Outside View of the Picture AboveView attachment 32081
Please Do note the destinations are already set to their real location , I do want to attempt on having Scrolling destinations depends if I can figure out how but that will bring alot of realism to the game, I have been working on this map for three months purely so thanks for sticking by the people that do, any suggestions on Route numbers for Some fictional Routes I will be making, there are many possibilities for routes from here if I end up finishing this fully.
Feel free to ask any questions about this.
As of now I do not have a release date at all in any form of mind as this project is far from finished, infact it's barely even started it just takes alot of time haha.
Anyway I will be finishing up the Road marking etc, Replacing lights which will take a while as Omsi Editor decided Nope not having street lights (Grrr) but after that it will be the move to Chorley.
Looking a LOT better mate! Very nice layout. Scrolling destinations would be great, I know the person who was creating the Enviro 200 Enhancement and Repaint Pack used one so perhaps talk to them about it?

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread