Bus Simulator 18 astragon (1 Viewer)

Aug 2, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Pronouns
He/Him
Do you all know that all of the youtubers showing this are paid to give good pre-release reviews?

This is the most beyond thing from the truth when claiming 'all youtubers'. A lot of them actually care about giving decent reviews, as such will talk to whom ever if offering the code to them and ensure that they give honest reviews. Those that just give great reviews of games that actually suck are clearly just in it for the quick cash grab.

Apr 11, 2016
The game seems interesting, but i think OMSI will still be the leader in bus simulation. Before OMSI, i played CBS2010 and BCCS San Francisco, i enjoyed both of them, specially the last one which allowed you to easily create your own custom routes within the huge map of San Francisco.

Then in 2012 OMSI came to my life, and it basically threw any other known bus simulator to the trash. The graphics were much similar to the aforementioned games, but the level of realism is unparalleled. Despite being a game developed by two amateur developers, with unstable perfomance, bad graphic engine and lots of bugs, it grew to Jupiter's proportions. Today, there are gigantic OMSI communities worldwide. Thousands of addons. Lots of people enjoy this game for hours. OMSI is the closest you can be to driving a real bus. I even think if you drive well in OMSI, you improve your bus driving skills in real life even when a lot of us wont drive a bus ever.

Personally, i liked buses since i was 3 years old, if not even earlier. There is a bus line which runs in the street where my house is. Despite living just 5 blocks away from one of the most important avenues in my city, my neighborhood is a quiet place, with vast majority of small houses and just a few tall buildings, generally low traffic... and a bus line. In the general peace, the noise of the buses are so disruptive that you hear them coming from 2 blocks away. As i grew older, i kept the same passion with buses. Until i started playing OMSI. This game made my passion with buses grew exponentially. Now i dont like buses, i LOVE them. Now i know practically every bus model and chassis here and some others in the world. In 2015 i went to Spain. Imagine my happiness when i saw Citaros in the streets of Madrid. The bus i've spent hours driving in OMSI, is now in real life in front of my eyes.

Love is the main word. The developers of OMSI are people who love buses. Astragon only loves money. LOTUS will be the true successor of OMSI, if it is done well. Until then, OMSI has long life ahead. Probably some people will be attracted to the multiplayer, but LOTUS will also have multiplayer. I dont think BS18 will have a long life.

Reactions: MylesW

Advertisement

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
I don't know, I'm just not feeling like it. 'Simulator 2018' being in the title throws me off a little, and the general 'gaminess', i.e. story mode, has thrown me off a little. I like how clunky and graphically-dodgy OMSI is - it just has this certain charm to it.

I'm still sticking to OMSI. But then again, who am I to judge? I haven't picked it up yet myself.

EDIT: Just looked at the trailer - nah, still not sold. Something really throws me off about the graphics, and there's too many prompts. There's a little too much of a gaminess to it. I'm not buying - I'm sticking to the game I fell in love with over a Nerdcubed video.

EDIT 2: Err... anyone noticed this?
1528917072395.png

DRM? That's a no-no. Definitely not buying it, now.

D

Deleted member 422

I don't know, I'm just not feeling like it. 'Simulator 2018' being in the title throws me off a little, and the general 'gaminess', i.e. story mode, has thrown me off a little. I like how clunky and graphically-dodgy OMSI is - it just has this certain charm to it.

I'm still sticking to OMSI. But then again, who am I to judge? I haven't picked it up yet myself.

EDIT: Just looked at the trailer - nah, still not sold. Something really throws me off about the graphics, and there's too many prompts. There's a little too much of a gaminess to it. I'm not buying - I'm sticking to the game I fell in love with over a Nerdcubed video.

EDIT 2: Err... anyone noticed this?
View attachment 30508
You do realise Omsi has a form of DRM?

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
Steam itself is a form of DRM! OMSI therefore has both Steam and Aerosoft Launcher as a form of DRM. But you bought OMSI 2 yes?

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread