Bus Spotting (4 Viewers)

pıʌɐp

pıʌɐp™
Mar 4, 2016
Guildford, Surrey, UK
Another one of Guildfords s**theaps, 1002 (BT66 UAN) is seen on a Staff Shuttle at Woking Station.
d26af1b5708773d9f0769a8a93f8f521.jpeg

Advertisement

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Ellie Rose in Hull, the local school bus company I follow with great anticipation, has got a new bus. And by gosh, I love it.
The new bus post is somewhere on Facebook, but:
  1. It's some kind of members only group, so I can't find it without signing in to Facebook (and I don't really want to do that), and I may violate some sort of copyright,
  2. It's so new, you can't even find it on Google anywhere. Even when searching Facebook - obviously, the profile is private.
So to suffice, I'll give you a play-by-play until it pops up on Google, or until the school buses start up again.
84e1bf944b33b289ee1efc704da46889.jpeg

So here's ex-Borderbus Wright Eclipse Gemini, picture not mine, of course. All the blue livery has been repainted yellow (but probably not the roof, as is Ellie Rose custom), all Borderbus insignia has been removed, the wheels have been painted yellow (eeh, I don't know about that), and the Ellie Rose logo has been put on the bottom of the upper deck's window, and splashed across the sides of the bus. No word on the back, but if you somehow pull it out from Google, it looks really nice to look at.

May upload a possibly-terrible mockup soon. Have had no chance to photograph - probably stored away down in Tower House Lane. And yes, I'll pop up some of my own slightly-blurry photos soon.

EDIT: Here's an actually-okay mockup.
t7hkFMHoruqTE54As62n5YxNxQjeZ-ES.jpeg

Weirdly enough, unlike other Ellie Rose that have sadly fallen to new laws, there is no advertising space for regional adverts. But still, that look makes it look even better. Can't wait to see this roaming around Hull when I start college!

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparrow 76

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Ended up in St Albans yesterday, good place for bus spotting. Be careful however, as some Uno drivers can be very abusive towards enthusiasts (601 and 602 and the Solo route are fine but not so much the 653). The pictures are taken with a Lumix TZ80
P1030197.JPG
Uno Scania CN94UB OmniCity no 357, YN53GFG
P1030199.JPG

Metroline Enviro200 DES793, LK07BDV
P1030200.JPG

Uno Enviro200 501 T20 UNO
P1030202.JPG

Metroline Enviro200 DEL855, LK08DWJ. The regional spec is allocated to the route, but you can find Presidents and E200s to London spec (as seen above) too
P1030204.JPG

Arriva Enviro300 3563 KX09GYP
P1030207.JPG

Redline E200 MX13BCK
P1030210.JPG

Arriva Streetlite 3653 LK14FTC
P1030212.JPG

Arriva Enviro300 3567 KX09GYU

Theres some more but it takes ages to put these up :tearsofjoy:

Advertisement

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Be careful however, as some Uno drivers can be very abusive towards enthusiasts (601 and 602 and the Solo route are fine but not so much the 653).
I'm just going to detract from topic here and say that as someone who is emotionally-fragile, I really wouldn't be able to cope. I understand their wish (and right) not to be photographed, but I'll probably be a mess if someone flips me off.

The Ellie Rose lot have been alright - school buses are risky territory, though - and of course, EYMS have always been, but there's a sort of grey area with Stagecoach EM, and after that Daily Mail report from Telford, I can't really trust Arriva if I go there.

I get the Telford guy was taking one too many of the same one, but how can I avoid such incidents? Really, its the ridicule that makes me somewhat weary about bus photography - that's why my Big Weekend photos aren't too great. While its only just from my dad and grandma up to now, it could get worse if I make a wrong move. Advice?

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm just going to detract from topic here and say that as someone who is emotionally-fragile, I really wouldn't be able to cope. I understand their wish (and right) not to be photographed, but I'll probably be a mess if someone flips me off.

The Ellie Rose lot have been alright - school buses are risky territory, though - and of course, EYMS have always been, but there's a sort of grey area with Stagecoach EM, and after that Daily Mail report from Telford, I can't really trust Arriva if I go there.

I get the Telford guy was taking one too many of the same one, but how can I avoid such incidents? Really, its the ridicule that makes me somewhat weary about bus photography - that's why my Big Weekend photos aren't too great. While its only just from my dad and grandma up to now, it could get worse if I make a wrong move. Advice?

Well the best way to do it if you want to try avoid drivers is going to stations and taking photos of buses without a driver. There may be cases where you'll have to, and mostly they'll not notice you or they'll wave. Abuse is very rare. I will admit i was weary of photographing buses at first but I'm used to it now and drivers can be ok. It depends who the driver is. If you have a friend that can go with you maybe you should take them to help you get used to it. Another way to avoid drivers (mostly) is going to rallies. Quite a lot of enthusiasts are in the bus driving business so they'll be fine and they're the drivers most likely to wave

Reactions: MrChips

LazyGuy222

Resident First Leicester Enthusiast
May 7, 2016
Leicester
DMNI8 (LT52 WUR), A Go-Ahead London Dennis Dart Marshall (I think) operating route 193 to Romford Queens Hospital.

IMG_2351.JPG
A Go-Ahead London Evositi with fleet number MHV82 (BV66 VKM) operating route 40 from Aldgate to Dulwich Library.

IMG_2290.JPG
Ensignbus 651, an Enviro 200 (YX09 FMJ) operating route 99 - The Tilbury Ferry Circular

IMG_2288.JPG

Reactions: Danielc2525

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread