Bus Spotting

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Youngest of the Nationals
Jun 28, 2018
Haha, lol, poor bus! Can't believe they actually cracked that bus' window for that!
I wonder how you've captured that bus from so high up! Maybe you're the giant yourself lol! ;)
Also, a quick off-topic, I recently saw one of those buses in Totnes, a shorter Tally Ho one!
I honestly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it coming 'round the corner! :eek:

JONESS

Bournemouth's Bus Repainter
Dec 22, 2017
Thought it was a bit odd that I post more spottings of GSC buses than of RATP, so here's a newer Gemini 2, adhering to the shortened routes.

And we also see a change in the timetable for the X2, sadly not using the new-forest livery solo but at least it's a 'bus', I guess.

Enviro400Taco

Veteran Member
Oct 30, 2016
A shocking picture, but last Saturday I glimpsed one of our 'new' B7RLE Urbans from Somerset. This one is 69209 (MX06VPG).
IMG_20181006_114805.jpg

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Can't believe they actually cracked that bus' window
nevermind the window, I can't believe they cut an entire bus in half!

I hope it had some kind of major chassis defect before they did this to it, since cutting up a previously perfectly fine bus is just stupid.
Cutting up a withdrawn bus ready for scrap and making it look half-decent would be more sensible, surely?

Enviro400Taco

Veteran Member
Oct 30, 2016

I hope it had some kind of major chassis defect before they did this to it, since cutting up a previously perfectly fine bus is just stupid.
Cutting up a withdrawn bus ready for scrap and making it look half-decent would be more sensible, surely?
Apparently it was already withdrawn from what I've read on Instagram, but it's still a waste of a type of bus now rare in this country. (DAF SB250/East Lancs Myllenium Spryte).

SeaHawk14

Feb 4, 2017
Apparently it was already withdrawn from what I've read on Instagram, but it's still a waste of a type of bus now rare in this country. (DAF SB250/East Lancs Myllenium Spryte).
It's a bus. The only time an operator cares about it is if it's making money, once it stops making money it goes to scrap. No emotional investment to an object which serves the purpose of transporting people. It's likely it was more expensive to make roadworthy than to continue to operate it. Plus, it's really good PR for the event that took place in Liverpool. Certainly got a lot of people curious.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Youngest of the Nationals
Jun 28, 2018
Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 21.49.35.png

Here's the (oddly foxhole-liveried) Optare Solo number 18 I got on, arriving at Kingswear just before 20:00. It's one of the two buses I got on home, after an approximately 10mi walk. Taken from a small video clip, that's why it's so blurry on some parts.

Enviro400Taco

Veteran Member
Oct 30, 2016
Arriva Yorkshire 1612 (YJ06 WMY) arriving into Leeds Bus Station, with its destination already reset for its journey on the 403 to Selby.
IMG_20181006_123946.jpg
IMG_20181006_123950.jpg

iDan98

Apr 15, 2017
The first of a few videos from Derby, still got another 30-ish minutes of footage from the bus station ready to edit together, along with everything from the train station.

Mar 25, 2017
I’m sorry but as soon as I saw this I had to take a few pics I couldn’t believe my eyes :eek:
9EE9C0B5-9F65-4EEE-AF87-16B9F607C698.jpeg
964DD9AE-E975-4457-95F7-B27D75552D36.jpeg

Sorry for the bad picture quality I had to take them quick!

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Not exactly bus spotting, but whilst bus spotting today I saw 13045 had a large amount of smoke coming out the exhaust so took a ride... Turns out the Diesel Particulate Filter was regenerating: