Bus Talk (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
I think First West Yorkshire using Renowns(B10BLE) as training buses was a great idea, giving us another chance to see them.(I know Bradford still runs a few as service/public buses)
(Pictures NOT mine)

Advertisement

JoshYouWerLad

Top IRL Bus Driver
Sep 1, 2016
West Yorkshire
A bus spotter got on my bus last week in full uniform... When asked all he had to say was "it's not full uniform". There was also another one who did it to gain free travel but had no staff pass & got reported to the operator. Its an awkward moment when a bus spotter wears more uniform than employees. What would you do in this situation? Personally I find it quite sad because they stand around the bus stands pretending to take on buses & walk in the carriageway just because they have a High-Vis. For some reason it is now common for spotters here to wear High-Vis's 24/7... Just don't understand it.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015

This is pretty interesting, I somehow managed to miss it when it was released. Decent range, and interesting placement of the stop bells. Typical American passenger environment though, very grim and utilitarian.

Those windscreen wipers also look like they'll be very exposed in a bus wash...

Reactions: LT586

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
It somewhat resembles an SD200 from the top front... I don't like it though, horrid interior, horrid exterior. Not what I would like to see rock up at my bus stop
Well, what do you expect from a country which was producing these up until 2010? :P
ebb8da397ce63dec71665a8d1288f8ec.jpeg

(The current model's body is almost identical but with an uglier front end...)

Interesting times for the south-west/east London bus scene:
- Route 39 converted to full Euro VI operation with (8) existing 65-plate Enviro200s from route 80, route 80 will then take the 39's Euro V Enviro200s.
- Route 93 converted to full hybrid operation with (21) existing 66-plate Evoseti's from route 63, the 63 will then take the 93's Euro IV Enviro400/Olympus'.
- Route 424 converted to full Euro VI operation with (4) existing 15-plate Enviro200s from route G1, the G1 will then partially revert back to Dennis Dart operation.

These changes are due to Putney High Street's pollution levels and the requirement for all buses to be Euro VI. The changes are expected to happen between now and March.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Interesting times for the south-west/east London bus scene:
- Route 39 converted to full Euro VI operation with (8) existing 65-plate Enviro200s from route 80, route 80 will then take the 39's Euro V Enviro200s.
- Route 93 converted to full hybrid operation with (21) existing 66-plate Evoseti's from route 63, the 63 will then take the 93's Euro IV Enviro400/Olympus'.
- Route 424 converted to full Euro VI operation with (4) existing 15-plate Enviro200s from route G1, the G1 will then partially revert back to Dennis Dart operation.

These changes are due to Putney High Street's pollution levels and the requirement for all buses to be Euro VI. The changes are expected to happen between now and March.

I believe the 63 is also taking on board 5 WHVS from the 93

Reactions: FG49

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

Oct 27, 2016
I thought this might be interesting to people,
UK Coachways are a local bus company in Greater Manchester. They operate 3 public service routes and many school routes. They currently have 26 buses (mainly double deckers) and one of their single deckers is being scrapped next Thursday (P993 AFV fleet number 105). The scrapping of the bus is being filmed by discovery channel for a programme called Scrap Kings, it'll follow the process of scrapping a bus.
So I'll try and get some information on to when it's being aired on TV and then post it onto this thread.

Reactions: busboynat

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
Had a bit of an adventure today for research purposes.

Started off as an extended trip on an oval Gemini 3 on the 96, transferring from a B5LH MMC on the 177.

Bexleyheath, got on an MMC on the B13, and good lord, what an awful driver. Braking at the last minute, taking turns at excessive speed, going WAY too fast, and really making it an awful journey. The thing vibrating like mad making an unholy racket didn't help. And that bus really can bounce, I'd like to see what ADL did to the suspension.

Anyway, rid my self of the donut driving that thing like a madman, and got a 321 2 minutes later. My favourite double deck body, a gemini 2, turns up with a slightly more sane driver at the wheel. Go-Ahead's squished lazzerinis really made up for the 'experience' on the B13.

To Lewisham! Where chaos was in about every corner you looked. Turns out Clock Tower stop is closed, so I walked from the station. A bus screaming "This coach is under attack, please dial 999". Pretty small coach, only a single door E200. With no idea what was going on, I took a lengthy stroll down the road to catch a 108 to Royal Standard. An old MEC turns up, 12m long, and ready to wait. Ready to wait in the horrendous traffic before me. 10 minutes it took for the bus to get through that, lucky I weren't on some dilapidated dart that I later saw on the same crowded route. How odd. Not a great situation for the passengers trapped inside I imagine.

The citaro really reaffirms my belief that 10-8 metres variants should've been produced instead of the cheap rubbish that is the E200 (at least the MMC version will replace them). A clean design, comfortable (though a minor vibration, nothing like an Omnicity!), it's nippy, and could probably fit more peeps onboard if it weren't for some design failures. But on the 108 they have a rather odd interior layout, with all the hand grabs, especially towards the rear where the seating gets a mix of longitudinal, and transversal. But a side effect of working the red arrows for all these years eh.

The journey finishes, as a Gemini 2 turns up as the service to Bexleyheath, and I head home on more lovely squished lazzerinis.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread