Dec 10, 2015
Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
According to this article, the new Short Routemaster (SRM) only uses 24 components not already used on either the NRM or the Gemini B5LHs - bloody hell that's going to be a cost-efficient product to introduce! It's also going to be available in single-door format, and they've said that "[The body] is suited to more than one platform" *cough* B5TL and Streetdeck?*cough* so sounds like between this and the E400 City the 'London Look' is finally going to be leaving the capital.

http://www.route-one.net/vehicles/volvo-b5lh-wrightbus-srm-srm-appears-wright-on-cue/

NsLVkIQgGr83rIFMQN63Ymvit0gtfLz9.jpeg

(Image taken from Transportengineer.org.uk)

Also interesting si taht they're talking about exporting, so we might finally see those mockups of HK NRMs come true.

Now if only they'd do something about those spangly headlights...

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
One intresting bus sale website I found was http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/, i know they ain't like Ebay but they display the facts and at the moment have alot of leyland bus's for sale, I check it once in awhile to see whats around etc. It's pretty cool so I thought I'd share. Plus it has the one and only Olympian :)

Gimme gimme! :drool:

Reactions: Florence3099
Mar 26, 2016
That bus was new to Stagecoach Manchester in 1996 but had transferred to Cumberland as it was then by 1998 and likely ran the 555 and 79 at various points.

edit: Cummins L10 as well, plus most original moquette. Preservation anyone?

Damm you know your stuff, I just like the driving side and stuff ahah, so this would be one of the stagecoach buses to have the 'secrete button' or the different placed electric start?

Advertisement

Florence3099

Prepare for trouble! Make it double!
Dec 10, 2015
Goldenrod City
www.flickr.com
Pronouns
She/Her
, so this would be one of the stagecoach buses to have the 'secrete button' or the different placed electric start?

i honestly don't know. I only know the history as I have a fleetbook from 1999 which has a Cumberland open top VR on the front on the 79 at Seatoller, and it is referenced in there.

UMV622S was the bus, ex-Southdown. Anyone care to make a VR for OMSI :P

Reactions: Unitt

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
i honestly don't know. I only know the history as I have a fleetbook from 1999 which has a Cumberland open top VR on the front on the 79 at Seatoller, and it is referenced in there.

We're intending to go in all guns blazing for LOTUS left path, so maybe then we'll have bus makers interested...

Mar 26, 2016

What was quite intresting is I live in the south west of England and on the school route I use to go on they used 1994 Volvo Olympians L10 Cummings aswell I think, Vorth gearbox and they were ex dublin bus, but what makes me chuckle is how does one bus travel from Dublin, then it went to Happy Al's in Birkenhead, then it's went to Target Travel (Plymouth) and now its in wales, it's nice to see it still has the Target Travel repaint on it, plus, the inside still has the dublin bus stickers and signs :)  

VXTYUt8mLPpzV4c4lzeNKbO-ZqDeOBdi.jpeg

Image from: https://www.flickr.com/photos/sidthedogsdad/23685882724 

P.S I tried to track down its original Dublin plates, had no hope yet but it's a shame to see it in a bad state, looks like missing its front parts, but this served well when I use to get it. Never broke down. 

EDIT: While tracking down the original Dublin plates, I found out it was registered in the UK in 2008, so it's kinda new to the UK, if you see it that way. 

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread