Maps Buses of Dorset Beta 1 by Gaming Hydraulics (Discontinued) (1 Viewer)

Welcome to the Buses of Dorset Beta 1 Development Thread. Buses of Dorset is an British map set in and around the town of Weymouth and Portland in Dorset. As of Beta 1 you will be able to drive 2 lines. Those lines are:

Line 2 Weymouth King Statue - Littlemoor via Park and Ride
Line 500 Bowleaze Cove - Weymouth King Statue - Weymouth Pavilion

As it stands I have developed the Lennox Street/Brunswick Terrence Area and I am currently heading up towards the Bus Depot, Kings Statue and Pavilion.

When all the 25 lines are released for this map this map will also include the chronology system.

The list of the 1st few Chrono's already set in stone
Chrono A - Autumn/Winter 2016
Chrono B - Spring 2017
Chrono C - Weymouth Carnival (2 Day Event)
Chrono D - Weymouth and Portland Bus Running Day (Weekend Event) (Fri-Mon)
Chrono E - Summer 2017

The Bus operator in Weymouth and Portland is First Wessex.

However in the later versions we will include more operators like in Swanage Breezer

The 1st release of the map is Beta 1 but I have no release date planned.

Releases/Updates would be formed like this:
Beta 1 - Beta 2 - Beta 3 - Beta 4 - Beta 5 - V1 - Beta 6 - Beta 7 - Beta 8 - Beta 9 - Beta 10 V2

and so and so forth...

Many thanks Kieran [Gaming Hydraulics]
P.s Please don't ask for release dates or to take part in the Beta. This is a Discussion thread ONLY!
OMSI2_20170719_150335.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150340.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150348.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150354.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150402.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150406.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150409.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150418.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150423.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150447.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150452.jpg

OMSI2_20170719_150502.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

BigOmsiFan

The Real Guy, The Best Guy, Known as ButteredToast
Mar 19, 2016
Blackpool
Promising start, but i think its a bit too ambitious, if i were you i would focus on 1 route to start with then when that's up to an acceptable standard for you, best to add more routes gradually.

Its taken me well over a year on a map based in a real area, and ive only got a 30 min route with minimal detail and is still far from finished. I saw that you put an expected beta release date of march 2018 and i really think you should take that out of your mind, and focus on your map at a steady pace rather than a rushed pace because it wont be easy to perfect 25 routes in a year.

Will be interested to see how this map turns out though, good luck with it.

Gaming Hydraulics

Developer
Jan 5, 2017
Passfield, Hampshire
Pronouns
He/Him
@BigOmsiFan I was considering and wondering about all that and what I thought of doing is like you said. Do one route which is my main focus of Line 1 and I have scraped the beta release date of March 2018 and will releases it later in the future of 2018.

the plan is
Do the Road Structure for Line 1, then Add Scenery to higher enough standard, then add Line 1, TEST it then add Road Structure for Line 2.
I also when all lines are completed have to set the 4 Chrono's and in Chrono's B-D 25 lines will be put down to 22 because three lines are withdrawn after Chrono A.

That the plan.

Thank You very Much for the Comment there @BigOmsiFan. Very appreciated.

More Editing tomorrow!
Done for the day!
More Pics will be posted soon of how far I have come since last time

Cheers
Gaming Head of GDT

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigOmsiFan

Advertisement

Gaming Hydraulics

Developer
Jan 5, 2017
Passfield, Hampshire
Pronouns
He/Him
UPDATE:
Today I would like to inform you that Buses of Dorset Beta 1 is now being worked on by 1 person myself.

It will contain custom made roads. Not being based on the 8m Altoner/Sedan/Borkmer Splines the Crossing and Junctions for Buses, Double Bus Stop Bay's and the Altoner/Borkmer and Sedan Junctions and crossings. They will be used in some areas' but the map will mostly be made up of custom splines and objects.

Also there are two lines available when Beta 1 is Releases (NO DATE CONFIRMED!) they are:
Line 1 from Weymouth King Statue K4 to Portland Southwell via Wyke Regis and
Line 500 form Bowleaze Cove to Weymouth Pavilion via Weymouth King Statue K7 -Open Top Service using the Volvo B9TL Open-Top and Weymouth Seafront Service

There will also be a Map and Timetables Booklet for Beta 1 along with the main Buses of Dorset Beta 1 Manual.

There will be more lines in Version 1, Beta 2, Version 2 and so and so forth....

This map will also utilize Chronology with Chrono's being available in late Versions around Beta 5/6 or Version 5/6

Please may we also refrain from asking for release dates. This is for map discussion, opinions and constructive critisim.

Thanks
Gaming Hydraulics

Gaming Hydraulics

Developer
Jan 5, 2017
Passfield, Hampshire
Pronouns
He/Him
@ross4122 At the moment no I am making it as realistic and The only bit that has been done is the Brunswick Terrance/Lennox Street at the Weymouth Bandstand Pier End. There has been no work from 12/8/17 - 19/8/17 as I have been on my summer holiday. I have been down to Dorset Weymouth and made some sketches of how it will be layed out and how it will go. As I said in the post above there will be 2 line in Beta 1 Line 1 and Line 500 which are beautiful routes and drives in real life.

Line 1 goes to the Island of Portland and the terminal of Portland Southwell just north on Portland Easton Square and South of Portland Bill and is about 30/40 mins
route and back to the Esplanade at the King's Statue.

Line 500 goes from the Cove up at Bowleaze which as a hotel called the Riviera and Weymouth Harvester and goes to the other end of Weymouth the Pavilion as an open-top services via the King's Statue and is about 20/25 mins route

The King's Statue Bus Terminus is the statue of King George III as he loved Weymouth and had several vacations there.

The only thing is I need to make a statue of King George III in Blender. But I have no clue how.

I though I would give you some history on the area.

@ross4122 You comments are really appreciated and helpful.

P.S There is no expected release data of the Beta 1 as there is still a lot to be done, re-texturing bits and modelling new objects and repaints

Cheers
Gaming Hydraulics

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
Welcome to the Buses of Dorset Development Thread.

This is a British Realistic Map set in the County of Dorset and the Centre town being Weymouth.

As stands we are currently doing the Lennox Street/Lodmoor Park Area going towards the Esplanade and centre town.

This Map will also implement the Chronology System

The Chrono that will be avaliable

Chrono A Spring 16 - Winter 16
Chrono B Spring 17 - Summer 17
Chrono C Dorset Bus Rally 17
Chrono D Summer 17 - Winter 17
Chrono E Spring 18 - Summer 18

The ai in this map will consist of C400/B9TL/B7TL/B7L/B7.5L/Open-Tops

The Beta Version and Version 1 will contain all the First Wessex Lines bellow

Line 1,2,3,4,4A,4B,5,10,14,X51,X52,X53,X54,X55,500,501,502,503,510,53,88

Lines 15 and School Lines 743/744 are available in Chrono A as they were discontinued in Spring 2017 - Summer 2017 Chrono B.

As time goes by more Chrono's will be implemented

We will included different company lines around Dorset in V2 Beta and the Full release

Updates would be formed like this

Beta -------> V1 -------> Beta 2 --------> V2 -------> Beta 3 ------->V3 -------> and so on.

by Gaming Hydraulics

P.S Please don't bug me for release dates. This thread is for suggestions and opinions and feedback

Can i just say about the hof file can it not all be in capitals because it is VERY unrealistic

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread