Maps Castleforth (Taken over by Tayte44) (1 Viewer)

20180619234231_1.jpg

20180619084834_1.jpg 20180619233633_1.jpg 20180619234117_1.jpg 20180619234446_1.jpg 20180619234555_1.jpg 20180619234730_1.jpg
Description: A fictional left-path map with British style roads inspired by real UK cities, towns and villages.

First road ever built on this map: High Street, Castleforth.
Highest point: Harwood Beacon.
Lowest Point: Braemar (a town next to Harwood.)

Updated: 11/08/18 at 22:51

The central district of Castleforth is surrounded by Oakdale, Walton and Highbury. Stonebridge is a more distant town just south of Riverdale.
Most towns can be accessed via the A22.

Castleforth
Castleforth also has a part-fallen road sign due to some gail force winds a few weeks ago.
Due to map development Highway Maintenance haven't had chance to straighten it up just yet.

Oakdale
A small town consisting of residential streets and 'The Fort Retail Park & Amusements' named after Fort Dunlop in Birmingham.

Walton
Walton is on the posher side with Cambridge style homes, but it also has an industrial estate on the other side including a bus garage.
Walton is within easy access of the A22, as well as a country lane 'Woodlands Lane' connecting Walton to Highbury.

Highbury
Highbury has its own bus station, as well as a diverted area and a car-crash scenario with a police car present. Highbury is a useful link between Walton and Oakdale, also connecting Harwood (see below).

Harwood
Harwood is a hilly village behind Highbury featuring 'Harwood Beacon' which is the highest point, overlooking Highbury and Stanley. Opposite the Beacon there is a very little hamlet of homes called the Wootton Hall Estate. Continuing through Harwood is the B5032 road leading to Riverdale (which can also be accessed FAST via the A22).

HMP Harwood (Her Majesty's Prison) is also located near the Beacon.

*NEW* Braemar
Awaiting development. Ideas are welcome.

*NEW* Stanley

Stonebridge
Stonebridge has a nifty little service station off the A road with KFC, Greggs and more, all which are centred around a giant stony bridge, hence the name of the area. Opposite the service station is the commercial and residential area of Stonebridge with some stony homes to complement its rocky culture. Stonebridge has a school and an iconic street named 'Rocky Road' on which there is a semi-circle of shops called 'Stony Market'.

*NEW* Riverdale

Bus Services
Arriva and/or Stagecoach. So far we have 2 proposed bus routes yet to be wired into the map. The constant development of the map means that a lot more services will be added in good time. I will be adding some route numbers unused around OMSI 2 such as 28, 16, 94 and hopefully incorporating a circular route using the traditional (Anti)clockwise format, i.e. 28A/28C. I will definitely be using the NXWM's evening service 'E' on some route numbers implying a halfway service. For example, 28E would run to its nearest checkpoint and then call to its designated garage. There will be an 'S' service running to Stonebridge School, e.g. 28S.

AI Buses
The C400R will be used, no questions asked. I'm hoping to use the Wrightbus Gemini 1 as AI to bring it back to life, and maybe the ALX400 Regional.

My one and only ground rule...
I do appreciate some good feedback but please make sure it's constructive. Destructive criticism won't be well received, but I trust we won't have that issue guys.

I will try to update you as often as I can, within reason!​

Last edited:

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Hi guys, sorry to say that due to unforeseen circumstances the development of Castleforth has made no extra progress since the last update. Though I thought I should let you all know that this project is still active and over the next few weeks I will be able to free more time to work on it and share more screenshots.

Reactions: Hullian111

Advertisement

harry cooper

Banned Member
Jul 4, 2017
Hi guys, sorry to say that due to unforeseen circumstances the development of Castleforth has made no extra progress since the last update. Though I thought I should let you all know that this project is still active and over the next few weeks I will be able to free more time to work on it and share more screenshots.
At the rate you are going, you should have every right to a break buddy. You've dedicated a month to this project nearly. Keep it up, and release will soon be upon us!

Reactions: Mikey

Advertisement

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Bus stop on both side I just couldn’t see being able to stop at the stop then swing around the island in a bendy
Here's some screenshots, I managed to complete the turn in a bendy quite easily, just drive slowly and guide it through. Although I will be moving back the red bus stop area because when I swung round the bendy it did need a lot more room to turn back. It can be done nice and easily though, plus it adds an element of challenge to the street.
20180619084834_1.jpg
20180619084843_1.jpg
20180619084900_1.jpg

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
On Page 1 there's a one of Highbury's streets where there is a police-related incident scenario. I have removed one car from the scene and situated it further down the road at Londis, as can be seen below. By the way, if you enjoy cycling to the local grocers you can park your bike here.

This road has been developed from 9PM today.
20180619213532_1.jpg

harry cooper

Banned Member
Jul 4, 2017
On Page 1 there's a one of Highbury's streets where there is a police-related incident scenario. I have removed one car from the scene and situated it further down the road at Londis, as can be seen below. By the way, if you enjoy cycling to the local grocers you can park your bike here.

This road has been developed from 9PM today.View attachment 30807
woah nice

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread