Maps Castleforth (Taken over by Tayte44) (1 Viewer)

20180619234231_1.jpg

20180619084834_1.jpg 20180619233633_1.jpg 20180619234117_1.jpg 20180619234446_1.jpg 20180619234555_1.jpg 20180619234730_1.jpg
Description: A fictional left-path map with British style roads inspired by real UK cities, towns and villages.

First road ever built on this map: High Street, Castleforth.
Highest point: Harwood Beacon.
Lowest Point: Braemar (a town next to Harwood.)

Updated: 11/08/18 at 22:51

The central district of Castleforth is surrounded by Oakdale, Walton and Highbury. Stonebridge is a more distant town just south of Riverdale.
Most towns can be accessed via the A22.

Castleforth
Castleforth also has a part-fallen road sign due to some gail force winds a few weeks ago.
Due to map development Highway Maintenance haven't had chance to straighten it up just yet.

Oakdale
A small town consisting of residential streets and 'The Fort Retail Park & Amusements' named after Fort Dunlop in Birmingham.

Walton
Walton is on the posher side with Cambridge style homes, but it also has an industrial estate on the other side including a bus garage.
Walton is within easy access of the A22, as well as a country lane 'Woodlands Lane' connecting Walton to Highbury.

Highbury
Highbury has its own bus station, as well as a diverted area and a car-crash scenario with a police car present. Highbury is a useful link between Walton and Oakdale, also connecting Harwood (see below).

Harwood
Harwood is a hilly village behind Highbury featuring 'Harwood Beacon' which is the highest point, overlooking Highbury and Stanley. Opposite the Beacon there is a very little hamlet of homes called the Wootton Hall Estate. Continuing through Harwood is the B5032 road leading to Riverdale (which can also be accessed FAST via the A22).

HMP Harwood (Her Majesty's Prison) is also located near the Beacon.

*NEW* Braemar
Awaiting development. Ideas are welcome.

*NEW* Stanley

Stonebridge
Stonebridge has a nifty little service station off the A road with KFC, Greggs and more, all which are centred around a giant stony bridge, hence the name of the area. Opposite the service station is the commercial and residential area of Stonebridge with some stony homes to complement its rocky culture. Stonebridge has a school and an iconic street named 'Rocky Road' on which there is a semi-circle of shops called 'Stony Market'.

*NEW* Riverdale

Bus Services
Arriva and/or Stagecoach. So far we have 2 proposed bus routes yet to be wired into the map. The constant development of the map means that a lot more services will be added in good time. I will be adding some route numbers unused around OMSI 2 such as 28, 16, 94 and hopefully incorporating a circular route using the traditional (Anti)clockwise format, i.e. 28A/28C. I will definitely be using the NXWM's evening service 'E' on some route numbers implying a halfway service. For example, 28E would run to its nearest checkpoint and then call to its designated garage. There will be an 'S' service running to Stonebridge School, e.g. 28S.

AI Buses
The C400R will be used, no questions asked. I'm hoping to use the Wrightbus Gemini 1 as AI to bring it back to life, and maybe the ALX400 Regional.

My one and only ground rule...
I do appreciate some good feedback but please make sure it's constructive. Destructive criticism won't be well received, but I trust we won't have that issue guys.

I will try to update you as often as I can, within reason!​

Last edited:

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
so will this map have a chrono where the car crash will be there or will it permanently be in that location?
Because of the nature of the objects (i.e. police cars and the two Skodas) the cars will always be there; they aren't dynamic objects. They are very easy to drive around though, and it makes a nice realistic effect where a contraflow maneuver is necessary :)

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Department for Transport Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 5 - Road Markings said:
VEHICLE SEPARATION MARKINGS
The chevron markings to diagram 1064 (see figure 22-9) are prescribed for use on motorways only.
22.40 The marking is intended to remind drivers to keep a safe distance from the vehicle in front and has been shown to be beneficial in reducing accidents. Chevrons are placed at intervals of 40 metres, ensuring that a safe distance is kept between vehicles travelling at 70 mph as long as drivers keep a minimum of two chevrons apart.
22.42 The marking consists of a series of chevrons, marked in all lanes at the same 40 metre spacing, as indicated in figure 22-9. They should be laid over a distance of about 4 km, although this may be varied to between 3 km and 6 km.
22.43 The distance between successive series of chevrons should generally be between 40 km and 55 km. This need not be complied with rigidly, as specific site criteria are of greater importance. The start of a series of markings should be at least 1.6 km from the end of a previous entry slip road and should terminate at least 3.2 km before the next slip road. Significant gradients should be avoided. The Overseeing Department should be consulted if it is planned to use them on gradients steeper than 3%.
1527284584015.png

1527284611224.png

Reactions: dzalltheway

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Cheers Road-hog, thinking about it I might remove them. It would have added some good realism but seeing as it's an A-road, like you say, it probably doesn't make sense unless it's a motorway. I'll do some research into British A-roads and see what features I can add.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread