Buses Citybus 200 (ADL Enviro200) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as many of you are aware, from last Sunday's stream, I've started work on the Citybus200. The Citybus200 is specifically being made to show you all how I develop a bus from start to finish, in hopes that many of you are able to pick up a few new development skills. The streams will run most Sundays at 8PM-12AM. The C200 will mainly be developed during those streams to prevent it from impeding with my developments on London in preparation for the beta testing that is soon to come.

On the last stream, we managed to get as far as having most of the basic shape for the sides complete. As many of you saw, I was starting to struggle with the pressure of getting the front done and explaining my process on the live stream, as discussed, I decided to build the front off stream, and we shall continue our next development stream by baking the exterior and start on the interior.
942.PNG

The model has only been in development since Sunday and this thread shall be updated after every stream

The C200 will not have the London logo engraved into the rear bonnet, but instead will have a blank logo as seen in Stagecoach examples.
upload_2017-7-13_12-16-16.png

A regional version is planned for the C200, however this will be an 8.9m variant. I've chosen to go with an 8.9m variant as it will only require me to replace the London equipment in the model as opposed to rebuilding/rebaking the whole bus. The bus will also come with a 9.4m/10.2m and 10.8m variant (as seen in the above screenshot), all London spec.

The current plan is for the London C200's to become the 6th bus in the London DLC (after the C400/NRM/SRM/Gemini 2/Gemini 3), the bus will have a setvar tag for the old/new bumper.

Catch my streams here : twitch.tv/rhys_mc

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Is it getting the old cab or new cab.. the ceiling look like its the old model??
It has a newer dashboard, as seen in the C400. It will be redeveloped sometime as I'm not happy with the dash currently used in the C200 and C400. The rest of the cab will be as it is in the 2010 model, with older cab mouldings etc..

LukeW

London Bus Enthusiast
Mar 10, 2017
Week 4 - Nothing too special, but here's the update from the last C200 stream, last night. I will be starting the importing process a little later this week. Just need to work on the detailings a bit further, as well as rebuilding the C200 & C400 dash/steering wheel from scratch!

View attachment 15941

View attachment 15939

View attachment 15940
Nothing too stunning? It looks amazing and it's not even done yet :P

This bus is amazing Rhys!

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

Feb 4, 2017
Erm, I know it's WIP, but I think you should revisit the front of the bus. Looking at the front corner bumpers, I think they should be remodelled.
I'm guessing by the front lights you're doing a facelifted E200, so shouldn't the corner bumpers be more curved outwards at the bottom?
I.e.
IMG_0230.jpg

Vs this older pre-Botox bad boy
IMG_0231.jpg

Maybe you mentioned it in the first post, about 'sevtar tags' new/old bumper? I didn't understand that so I figured I'd just query anyway.
I've had a look at the HK version, and it too has the new bumper style...

IMG_0230.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2017
@SeaHawk14 He is making the 2010 variant of the Enviro 200 not the 2014 variant, so what @Rhys has done so far is perfect and extremely accurate,
I mean, in which case, forgive me...
But then the lights are wrong
IMG_0232.jpg

That's a 2010 Enviro 200, right? London Spec?
As far as I'm aware, there are two Gen 2 Enviro 200's, pre-facelift, with the old lights in the second image [posr-research edit] and the option of the old or new corner bumpers.
Post face-lift, with the new lights and new outwards curved corner bumpers. Do you see what I'm trying to say? I understand that the tech lingo isn't there.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
you mentioned it in the first post, about 'sevtar tags' new/old bumper? I didn't understand that so I figured I'd just query [the bumper shape] anyway.
It means Rhys intends both pre and post facelift bumpers will be included in the download, and you can choose which by changing a small piece of code (the set variable or "setvar"). That might mean non-typical combinations of headlights and bumpers appearing, but can we please not dwell on that.

Reactions: Rhys

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
wrt bumpers... I'd like to point out that there's at least one bus driving around London with the same bumper arrangement as in the above screenshots. ;) Oh, and one with the opposite arrangement for good measure. :tonguewink:

Also...

I'll stop now. ;)

Last edited:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
not gonna lie, when i first saw the interior i thought it was the new GAL Moquette being used on ex first vehicles until i looked again xD
I need to make that interior actua
Erm, I know it's WIP, but I think you should revisit the front of the bus. Looking at the front corner bumpers, I think they should be remodelled.
I'm guessing by the front lights you're doing a facelifted E200, so shouldn't the corner bumpers be more curved outwards at the bottom?
I.e.
View attachment 15945
Vs this older pre-Botox bad boy
View attachment 15946
Maybe you mentioned it in the first post, about 'sevtar tags' new/old bumper? I didn't understand that so I figured I'd just query anyway.
I've had a look at the HK version, and it too has the new bumper style...

View attachment 15944
Thanks for your feedback. I am well aware of the variants that an E200 does have and when the changes started to happen with the model. As 0118999 said, I plan to have the two variants of the bumpers. I wanted to start with the older version so I was able to get the rough shape correct. I won't be changing the light clusters, as discussed on the first post.

But yes I do sometimes like mix and matching a few things on my vehicles. Just makes it a bit more interesting. Also, remember I can get away with a few things as it's a 'Citybus 200' :P

Also thanks for the support guys, just one thing, please don't use the word 'accurate' it's one word I do not like hearing when it comes to developing. I prefer the terms 'realistic'. As of course, I/other developers cannot produce something that's 100 accurate to real life

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread