Maps Deeside (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys! I'm making a map!

I've finally decided to create a WIP thread for the bad boy I'm cooking up for you guys.

First things first:

Where is the map based?
Deeside, North Wales. Specifically Connah's Quay to Chester

How many routes will it have?
1, possibly two. Depends if I feel like it would be worth it.

What routes and where to?
Well, the map will definitely contain the Route 12. An hour journey which is very awkwardly routed in comparison to other local routes. Running from Connah's Quay to Chester. The other potential route will be the locally popular Route 10. Also running from Connah's Quay to Chester, but in quite a different way, only taking approximately 45 minutes.

What buses are used?
Route 12 - In reality, Optare Solo's are used, as well as Dennis Dart's, sometimes Wright Cadets and very occasionally a Wright Pulsar. Of course, no high quality versions of these buses are available at the moment, therefore, Renown's and Eclipse 1.5's. Also, I will be using the Dennis Dart as AI as I feel its a great bus to have as AI.

Route 10 - In reality, E400's are used, with occasional Pulsar. Therefore, thats what will be used. C400R and the Eclipse 1.5

Current Development
upload_2017-11-15_18-58-37.png

upload_2017-11-15_18-59-23.png

I almost forgot! AI Routes! There are actually a fair few routes that pass through the area I am building, but don't terminate there. These will be AI driven for now... but who knows, if the map is a success, I may incorporate these additional areas into the map, creating a much better experience.

PLEASE NOTE:
I take extreme pride in what I will be creating and will NOT be rushed. There are already things that I have created that will be redone because of petty little details which will drive me insane.

I'd also like to say, development will be a little slow over the first month or so, simply because of Sixth Form commitments. Simply said, If I fail my mock exams in December, I get kicked off the course, so I obviously have to prioritise that.

But with that said...

Lets get to work!

D

Deleted member 2523

I'M BACK!
And better than ever.

Tonight I've been modelling the Dean's Place bus stop area, and this is what we have got. Please note that I will be creating custom bus shelter objects aswell as custom house buildings, so these models are not final!
upload_2017-12-15_20-44-20.png
upload_2017-12-15_20-46-22.png

upload_2017-12-15_20-47-11.png
Also, shown in the last image, you will see that not all the cars are actually parked straight, just like how it is in real life! :P

More to come soon.

Advertisement

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 2523

I am still working away just only in the time I have. More mock exams coming up soon and then the AS Exams. So it'll still be pretty slow until closer the summer, but heres something I suppose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1518724761181.png

I know it's not much but its something I suppose. And I have also been creating a plan when I'm not in the editor. The map will have a lot more than 2 or 3 routes now, unlike I originally planned. I am potentially considering extending the map from the Chester area - Holywell area, all the way down to Rhyl, but this is only for route 11 and its multiple variants. Any routes that serve Rhyl onwards will simply be AI. This makes the longest route on the map (11 Chester to Holywell then Rhyl) approximately 2 hours long (which I know sounds endless but that's how it is)
But to balance this out of course are some much shorter routes, E.G the Stagecoach operated route 16 from Chester to Saltney which is only about 20 minutes.

I'm just getting what I can done at the moment, as soon as that last exam is done, this will really start going!

D

Deleted member 2523

Looking great fella! Any plans for the 15 15/A? Thats my local service in saughall :) keep up the great work
The plan does include it! I'm thinking most routes operating out of Arriva Chester depot, as well as a few of the Stagecoach runs as well. Obviously, the 11 runs out of Rhyl but that's still being included, and then there's the slight possibility of the 1 to Wrexham.

• Love
Reactions: Stevewoolski

JosieJump

Robloxian & Omsi Enthusiast
Banned Member
Jul 24, 2017
I know it's not much but its something I suppose. And I have also been creating a plan when I'm not in the editor. The map will have a lot more than 2 or 3 routes now, unlike I originally planned. I am potentially considering extending the map from the Chester area - Holywell area, all the way down to Rhyl, but this is only for route 11 and its multiple variants. Any routes that serve Rhyl onwards will simply be AI. This makes the longest route on the map (11 Chester to Holywell then Rhyl) approximately 2 hours long (which I know sounds endless but that's how it is)
But to balance this out of course are some much shorter routes, E.G the Stagecoach operated route 16 from Chester to Saltney which is only about 20 minutes.

I'm just getting what I can done at the moment, as soon as that last exam is done, this will really start going!
Just a reminder that most routes follow eachother somehow. Doing the 11, you obviously end up doing the 10/10a. If you start doing the connahs Quay area, you might as well do the 12 Connahs Quay - Broughton (route being shrunk in April to this). If you do the 12, you might as well make Deeside Indust Est and do the D1,2,3. Eventually you add on the SPs which basically follow X4 (only need Hawarden) which then adds the 4 and eventually the 3. I will stop now as I will be here all day. The point being, all routes in the area you are building link onto eachother. Personally I would focus on the one bit and think about expansion in a long time.

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 2523

With the new Chester bus station being installed, are you setting it before the new one or with the old one?
I have set the map on what its like based on the start of February 2018. This obviously means having to create the new bus station from scratch, which will be one hell of a project in itself. However, a bus station object of that size could be a possible problem because it could require a fair bit of resources from the computer, in which case, I will probably make an alternative version for lower spec systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread