Buses Dennis Javelin Plaxton Profile (1 Viewer)

This was originally the B12M Plaxton Paragon, but I have changed my mind and gone with a Profile instead.

My first bus for Omsi!
I think we need more british coaches and coaches in general for Omsi, so I've decided to kick off with one of my favourite coaches, the Plaxton Paragon!
There are obviously a couple of things that need to be improved, for instance I'm going to rebuild the door, but other than that the project is going swimmingly so far!

I've been working with ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation who really kindly helped me get started by giving me the basic shell of the bus.
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 01.51.22.png

I personally can't wait to watch this project flourish and I can't wait to get it released to all your lovely people!

Please Note:
- Beta testers will be picked of my own accord
- It's alright to ask certain things about the coach, like the seat layout, but please DO NOT go to the extreme.
- I appreciate people may be excited, but please refrain from asking a release date. I'll release it as soon as I believe it is complete.

Last edited:

Advertisement

Greywolf

It's a PROFILE, guys!
Dec 3, 2017
Suffolk
cinisdesign.co.uk
(Moderator Edit: Repetitive questions asking about small spec details have been removed. Details about the exact specification of the coach that is being made will become very much apparent when the author posts the screenshots showing those parts. Until then, please be patient. :) )

Okay, right, I hate to sound like a prick but it has to be said.
Why don't you lot just bloody well shut up and wait to see what the coach looks like and the specification. As Lakitu said, be glad you're getting anything. This coach WILL NOT become a Panther, no matter how many people ask for it.
This is my first creation for Omsi, and the more people ask this ridiculous questions of "What mirrors will it have" or "Can you make it a Panther because so and so", the less inclined I feel to continue the project or make it available for public release at all. Give it a rest because it's becoming ridiculous now and I've had enough of it. I understand you're all excited for the coach, but this is too far now. Give it up now or nobody will be seeing - or driving - this coach.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, right, I hate to sound like a prick but it has to be said.
Why don't you lot just bloody well shut up and wait to see what the coach looks like and the specification. As Lakitu said, be glad you're getting anything. This coach WILL NOT become a Panther, no matter how many people ask for it.
This is my first creation for Omsi, and the more people ask this ridiculous questions of "What mirrors will it have" or "Can you make it a Panther because so and so", the less inclined I feel to continue the project or make it available for public release at all. Give it a rest because it's becoming ridiculous now and I've had enough of it. I understand you're all excited for the coach, but this is too far now. Give it up now or nobody will be seeing - or driving - this coach.
Well said.

Hi, glad to hear you're back.

I am a fan of the Profile myself but I do prefer them on the B7R chassis, in my opinion they have a lot more character and make a superb sound. However, DONT get me wrong by what I am saying here, I am NOT pleading for a B7R to be made, I am just stating my opinion. I am equally happy that a Profile is now being made as it is my faveroite coach body from Plaxton. Maybe sometime after you have completed the Javelin, would there be a possibility to convert it to Volvo specification? Again, don't get me on the wrong foot here, I am just suggesting something for after this project has been completed. I'm sure many people will be grateful for a proper RHD coach for OMSI, and as the standard of your previous work on the Paragon is fantastic, I'm sure you will produce something marvellous for the OMSI community! Will look forward to future updates and I wish you the very best to this project????

Advertisement

Greywolf

It's a PROFILE, guys!
Dec 3, 2017
Suffolk
cinisdesign.co.uk
Hi, glad to hear you're back.

I am a fan of the Profile myself but I do prefer them on the B7R chassis, in my opinion they have a lot more character and make a superb sound. However, DONT get me wrong by what I am saying here, I am NOT pleading for a B7R to be made, I am just stating my opinion. I am equally happy that a Profile is now being made as it is my faveroite coach body from Plaxton. Maybe sometime after you have completed the Javelin, would there be a possibility to convert it to Volvo specification? Again, don't get me on the wrong foot here, I am just suggesting something for after this project has been completed. I'm sure many people will be grateful for a proper RHD coach for OMSI, and as the standard of your previous work on the Paragon is fantastic, I'm sure you will produce something marvellous for the OMSI community! Will look forward to future updates and I wish you the very best to this project????

Hello Rory,
At the moment I have no desire for a Volvo B7R, as I can only really get sounds from a Javelin at the moment. Thank you for your comments - The Profile is using the Paragon as a shell, so it's still exactly the same except for the curve in the window is gone.

I may - in future - consider a B7R chassis, if I get the time. The next project I have in mind will definitely be a Volvo chassis, but you'll have to wait a while to find out what it is!

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. Yes the Paragon and Profile are very similar body's in size, except as you say the Paragon has the curved split windscreen whereas the Profile is generally modelled more rectangular.

I am looking forward to finding out what your next project is, I'm sure it'll be just as exiting!

Also, if you do decide to create a B7R I can try and help you as much as possible for sound recordings of the Euro 3 examples.

Advertisement

Greywolf

It's a PROFILE, guys!
Dec 3, 2017
Suffolk
cinisdesign.co.uk
STATEMENT:
I have recently been at the forefront of abuse as well as ridiculous rumours being spread therefore increasing the abuse, causing my mental health to take a turn for the worst. Therefore I have decided it is only right for me to pause production of the Plaxton Profile until further notice. I apologise to all who have been eagerly awaiting updates but this is time that I need. Thank you.

STATEMENT:
I have recently been at the forefront of abuse as well as ridiculous rumours being spread therefore increasing the abuse, causing my mental health to take a turn for the worst. Therefore I have decided it is only right for me to pause production of the Plaxton Profile until further notice. I apologise to all who have been eagerly awaiting updates but this is time that I need. Thank you.
If people are making developers to have bad mental health then I don’t blame you at all for taking a break. Some people really do spoil it for others. Anyway enough rambling from me (by the way the model looks good at the stage it is)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread