Bus Mods Dennis Trident (2002) Sound Mod for C400R (1 Viewer)

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Tom1791 submitted a new resource:

Dennis Trident (2002) Sound Mod for C400R - Creates two new C400R variants with Dennis Trident sounds (2002)

This mod recreates the sounds of a 2002 era Dennis Trident on the modern C400R.
There will be two variants, a standard trident and a trident with a sqeaky turbo.

You will need the C400R pack installed previously for the mod to work:
[UKDT] London Citybus 400R

The download will not need to write over any files. A read me is included with the download with further information on...

Read more about this resource...

Advertisement

May 24, 2016
I get the Trident ALX400 everyday also towards college. This mod is actually quite good, definitively best engine mod of an already existing bus addon I've seen. Most Tridents are actually Voith and they have quite harsh gear changes (noticeable changes in both jult and sound) that I don't feel I can hear in this addon. Especially when slowing down. I do like the squeal but I feel like it isn't as loud in this addon than it is in reality, the squeal is actually one thing I remember from when I was a child getting on the ALX's constantly and most tridents for that matter. I feel after 20 mph the sounds become a little less high pitched. The pitch actually gets higher the faster Tridents go, so this is an improvement point. When slowing down, it just doesn't feel much like a Trident at all. I'm sorry it just doesn't. I can't recommend how to improve it, I just recommend listen to it and re-record and re-script the slowing down sounds. The idle sound is perfect, although maybe think about adding some shake and clash from the fibre glass cabinets while idle, but then again not all of them actually do this and it might turn out messy rather than an improvement. Other than that, if I was to have any set of sounds for a trident based bus on this game, I would use these ones over the others any day. I definitely think you should continue to update this.

Edit:
Also, many tridents actually squeal when slowing down (after changing gear I believe). Door sounds end and start too abruptly also.

Last edited:

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
I don't think this mod changes anything but the sound files, so all the physics of the gearbox and engine will be the same as the C400R is normally, likely leading to sounds being triggered at the wrong time, not getting to the right pitches, not having the right gear changes, etc. which limits how realistic it can be at the current moment.

May 24, 2016
I don't think this mod changes anything but the sound files, so all the physics of the gearbox and engine will be the same as the C400R is normally, likely leading to sounds being triggered at the wrong time, not getting to the right pitches, not having the right gear changes, etc. which limits how realistic it can be at the current moment.
Yeah, I was sure this was the case. It would be nice for a few changes to it though.
I did contact GX studios a while ago about the Super Olympian to see whether they would be happy to lend out an open source version of the body so that I could start work on a ALX400 and see how far I could go with it. I know that they are quite happy with open collaboration, but I am not good at modelling so would have to see how far I could go in the project. This is something I would definitely like to use if I went ahead with it though.

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Tom1791 updated Dennis Trident (2002) Sound Mod for C400R with a new update entry:

UPDATED Dennis Trident Sound Mod for C400R

This mod recreates the sounds of a 2002 era Dennis Trident on the modern C400R.
There will be two variants, a standard trident and a trident with a sqeaky turbo.

You will need the C400R pack installed previously for the mod to work:
[UKDT] London Citybus 400R

New in Version 2:
- New retarder sounds
- New axle whine noises
- Improved rev noises
- Much louder turbo

New in Version 2.1:

Read the rest of this update entry...

Advertisement

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Tom1791 updated Dennis Trident (2002) Sound Mod for C400R with a new update entry:

NEW Update Dennis Trident Sound Mod V3.0

Version 3 Dennis Trident Sound Mod for the London Citybus C400R, based on a 2002 model.

New in Version 3.0:

- Improved gearbox, which now acts more like a DIWA 854.3E (Or atlease more like a trident) with upshifts taking place nearer 1500rpm instead of nearer 1100rpm.
- Kickdown now revs the bus to 2200rmp for more fun :)
- Brand new rev noises between 1000-1800rpm
- Tweaked axle noises and retarders
- New turbo noises

Read the rest of this update entry...

May 24, 2016
@Jason It appears that @Tom1791 didn't link the updated demo in the update entry, I've added it to there now, but here it is anyway:

This update sounds quite good actually. Again though, I can't hear much axle whine. It should be more obvious sounding, especially as it slows down. I've noticed ALX's often virtually scream when they start slowing down which I really like about it.

I still love the effort being but into this though, it really brings it home. I've spent most of my life around the ALX and still ride it many days.

Reactions: Tom1791

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Hi,
Thanks for the feedback. I'll make the axle noises louder in the next update as best as I can. It's still sort of a work in progress and not a completely finished product but I've got a couple of other more important commitments first before I improve it further. I'm gradually getting more confident with scripting and modding so I will try my best to add a new axle noise as I totally agree with you it's not quite there yet. Thanks for the support

Also thanks to everyone else for the feedback, I'm taking note of all your suggestions which are very helpful :)

Reactions: SatoshiAaron

Advertisement

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
i need help I download the mod and it's not working it has a whistle sound and all of my buses have the sound can any help me please cheers

Hi
Sorry to hear your having problems. Can you give me a few more details please, such as am I right in understanding that all your OMSI buses now sound like a trident? There are no files which overwrite other buses (including the C400R original buses) so this seems very odd indeed if I have understood you correctly.

Tom1791

Banned Member
Apr 30, 2016
Yes mate that correct
I'm a bit out of my depth here as I can't see why this would have happened. Are you able to uninstall the C400R completely and reinstall it and see if this helps? Perhaps someone else on here may know the exact problem but atleast this will remove the actual files which seem to be causing the problems you are having.
Thanks

Advertisement

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread