Buses Plaxton President (3 Viewers)

Developer Note: This project is not cancelled but will no longer be updated publicly.

1654787062755.png

Hi everyone, welcome to the bus I've been working on for the last while.
It is the Dennis Trident Plaxton President, we plan doing as many engine and gearbox combos as possible, but what will come is based on what we have available to us.

Let's talk about the generic variants, which are the versions coming first:

The release order (all of which are generic op-neutral variants):
Release 1 - 10.5m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 2 - 10.5m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 3 - 9.9m Single Door Regional, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 4 - 9.9m Dual Door/London editions, Gasket/Bonded.
Release 5 - 10.5m Low Height, Gasket/Bonded
Release 6+ - Anything operator specific. You'll be updated when this happens.

Seats?
Generic variants will contain the following as setvars:
Lazzerini Practico 2845
Scanflex
Fainsa Cosmic
Rowan Telmac Telford 20.

Linea seats will be available in a seperate, semi op-specific First Variant.

Destination Boards?
LEDs
Flipdots
Rollblinds

London variants will be equipped with traditional TfL spec blinds. Dual door variants will be equipped with the generic options stated above.

Ticket machines?
Wayfarer TGX150 (With thanks to Sambob_12 scripts)
Ticketer (Courtesy of V3D and Sambob_12)
VIX TP5700 (Modelled)

We plan delving further into the scripts of these to try and bring them close to/on par with DLC standard.

Full Specifications for any future variants will be communicated as they're conceived

What will the templates be like?
They will be baked, easy templates like that on most modern UK buses. Templates will be available in .pdn and .psd formats. You will need to save these as .dds files, for which a tutorial will be provided.
The final version will come with a repainter's manual to help you get the best out of repainting the bus. You won't be able to acquire an early version of the template.

Release Date/Beta?:
IDK/No

Will this be finished?
I have every intention to finish it, but it's going to take time

The screenshots below are very old, and are nowhere near the standard the model is currently. Look at your own risk :P:

Model's not quite done yet (but nearly is done) so theres a few things missing atm which i probably know about :tongueout:

Last edited:

Advertisement

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Driving round in first person in upstairs view should be fun! Bring back some great memories in the West Midlands. They left the fleet about a year ago. Registrations ending in ‘MOA’ or ‘DOP’ (V72 MOA) or (W113 DOP) which were transferred to Dundee, some sold to TheGreenBus and others scrapped. One was used as a homeless shelter and another donated to WM Police.

A lot of our presidents had their headlights replaced with ALX400 ones. I’ve gotta say I prefer the rectangular lights.

Jan 29, 2018
Sheffield
Pronouns
He/Him
Driving round in first person in upstairs view should be fun! Bring back some great memories in the West Midlands. They left the fleet about a year ago. Registrations ending in ‘MOA’ or ‘DOP’ (V72 MOA) or (W113 DOP) which were transferred to Dundee, some sold to TheGreenBus and others scrapped. One was used as a homeless shelter and another donated to WM Police.

A lot of our presidents had their headlights replaced with ALX400 ones. I’ve gotta say I prefer the rectangular lights.
Some went to Transdev

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
Some of them went to Ellie Rose, and were painted yellow. Most of them are ALX lights, and they look awful.

A few, however went to Brian L. Barnett's (under Fairway). They're still in the old livery, yet with logos removed, and a whole bunch of spares grafted onto them.

Some MOA ones went to DEWS in Cambridgeshire, and some (as of February) are still in the red and white livery

Advertisement

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
Retrofitting those president lights were just a plain stupid idea. Probably extremely expensive to implement due to it needing modifications to significant portions of the bumper and it doesn't even look nice. By far NXWMs worst decision as an operator. Transdev did similar, whilst they still look bad, at least the bumper remains unchanged. I believe 0118999 mentioned the retrofit was undertaken due to poor light output from the previous units - would it not have been cheaper to just fit higher intensity bulbs? I know little about how that stuff works though, so i could be hideously off.

Also wrt to the President being donated to WM police, what are they using it for? I see they occasionally use buses for explosives training, would it be that or other?

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I'm not really sure why NXWM went to the expense of fitting a new headlamp design given that it's the same unit fitted to Pointer II (and I think fitted to Premiere coaches as well). And Birmingham is generally all streetlit anyway. High output bulbs can be quite pricey and they don't last as long, so perhaps that's why they ruled out, or maybe they even tried them first and found the optics were just poor.

Reactions: Lukeyboi

Hullian111

EYMS Buses Really Mean Business
Aug 5, 2017
... well, where do you think?!
I know it's a pretty dicey question to ask, especially after what's been going on lately, but when I was in the Discord (if you're wondering, I feel too guilty to even try coming back, so I'm not too mad about it at all), I did hear talk of a London variant being planned, although it would be a donators-only release. This was almost six months or so ago, though, and I imagine attitudes may have changed now, in regards to the recent donators-only issue.

So in all, is a London variant on the cards or not? It would be pretty nice to drive around a proper Metroline and First President when London comes out, but I won't be too disappointed if not.

Advertisement

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
oh please not another limiteed editoin donators bus ive had enough of them cause i did donate to v3d but forgot to download the regional and now i dont have it wich i badly wanted thats why i donated the £ 10 :( just make it freeware its more simple for everyone also include the dual door version and the single door version please it would be a welcome additon by the omsi 2 community

Lukeyboi

Lukeyboi's OMSI Workshop
Apr 5, 2016
Pronouns
He/Him
I decided against any form of donationware ages ago, not only due to the controversy caused with regards to the ALX, the other reason is i am too young to set up a PayPal account and I'd rather not do it via my parents account.

The plans were the London edition would cost 50p, pay once unlimited updates and possibly extra variants added. Not £10 or anything silly. These plans are no longer in place and neither is the London variant a planned version

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
I decided against any form of donationware ages ago, not only due to the controversy caused with regards to the ALX, the other reason is i am too young to set up a PayPal account and I'd rather not do it via my parents account.

The plans were the London edition would cost 50p, pay once unlimited updates and possibly extra variants added. Not £10 or anything silly. These plans are no longer in place and neither is the London variant a planned version
Luke I've got to say, that is a very mature way of looking at it. While V3D's hard work may have been worth every penny, not everyone can afford to buy digital material which could get lost at any time. Good on you mate.

Looking at where we stand now, am I right in thinking that just a regional model of the President will be made and able to download free of charge?

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread