Duplicate files (1 Viewer)

Apr 2, 2016
Cornwall
Pronouns
He/Him
After getting a new computer, I have moved over my OMSI folder over from my old pc to my new one, and so have done for my other games. I have only recently found out that I have thousands of files that are duplicated with (2) with them.

Is there a way that I can delete these? I have looked into software but they require payments. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
To do this you'll want to search your OMSI 2 directory for files that match your criteria and delete them. Because File Explorer's search is a little weird, you have to enter...
Code:
name:(~="(2)")
...into the search bar to search for files with (2) in their names. You can change the 2 to any other number if you need to find those too. Just make sure you perform the search from your "OMSI 2" folder so you only find files in your OMSI 2 install and not other places.
When the search completes (which might take a while on slower systems), you can select all of the files in the search results and delete them.
You may also wish to search for files with "- Copy" in the name.
Please note that by removing these files in this way you are doing no checks to see if they're being used, so it is possible (and more likely than you'd hope) that this will break installed maps.

Reactions: 0118999

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread