Maps East Hallow (Fictional, UK) (1 Viewer)

Bit of History:
So I'm sure by now most people have heard of what a cluster mess the beta release of Fictional Yorkshire was. Having had no experience in the editor and wanting to release my first map i released a beta that ultimately wasn't up to standard. So having taken time away and re-branding Fictional Yorkshire to Yorkshire Counties i am happy to say i have developed both my skills and my map into something i am exceptionally proud of. Yorkshire Counties is pending approval but is a finished product (minus standard OMSI bugs) and is something i hope you will all welcome as an addition to the UK map and UK OMSI Community. Now that being said i owe major thanks to @iomex @whistlehead @Road-hog123 @Fellowslothb @ross4122 @Oainien for helping me grown as a developer. I owe thanks to @Citaro2013 @sambob_12 Mark, @Whiskey.Stuffs Eamon, Simon, Gary, FulleyLove for the beta testing during that time and putting up with so much crap it was unreal lol Big thanks to @BlueOrange and 03D for the use of content and many more thanks to anyone i have unintentionally missed out. Also a big thanks to the Community for the constructive criticism that spurred me on to make something better and for the constant support throughout my projects. Last but not least a Thank you to the Moderators and Staff on FellowsFilm for everything they have done in ensuring the standards and values of the community have always been amazing.

Whats Next?
Well as i am sure by now having stumbled across this little WIP i am pleased to say that work has commenced on the Second Fictional UK Themed Map entitled "East Hallow" Now as of this second i'm not 100% on the theme nor the end result of said map but i'm sure in time you will all see the direction in which i am going. This Map will take considerably longer to make tho as i recently found out something that has a life changing effect for me. Needless to say i am using the skills and experience throughout Yorkshire Counties to make a map consisting of roughly 3 Routes. The reason for the minimal number of Routes is to ensure we have a quality map, in a reasonable time and allows me to finish and start more projects in the future to further expand the UK OMSI maps. I am however looking for an Experienced and Reliable Asset creator in order to bring something unique to the map so feel free to drop me a message. As for-mentioned i don't have the time to learn a NEW program and create my own assets as it was hard enough to find the time before yet alone now that circumstances have changed. That being said please enjoy a few Starter Screenshots and feel free to drop me a follow on FellowsFilm to stay update with projects and their developments. Finally just want to say "Welcome to East Hallow"

20170928054217_1.jpg

20170928054244_1.jpg

20170928055503_1.jpg

20170928055710_1.jpg

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Another Map? Isnt it best to work on one at the time?
your absolutely right and its why i mentioned "Yorkshire Counties is pending approval but is a finished product" That's the reason i am moving on with another project. Yorkshire Counties will receive bug fixes and updates but is as of now developed and ready for release. I can however say that Yorkshire Counties is a development map and as such was something my skills in OMSI grew alongside the map. I Started off with no knowledge of the editor and finished with a learning experience and as such am now wanting to move forward and not be tied down to one map.

Sep 3, 2017
\
your absolutely right and its why i mentioned "Yorkshire Counties is pending approval but is a finished product" That's the reason i am moving on with another project. Yorkshire Counties will receive bug fixes and updates but is as of now developed and ready for release. I can however say that Yorkshire Counties is a development map and as such was something my skills in OMSI grew alongside the map. I Started off with no knowledge of the editor and finished with a learning experience and as such am now wanting to move forward and not be tied down to one map.
Sorry wasn't aware ;P

Reactions: KyleOmsi2

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
its not a problem dude, i never try to be a douche with my replies and will always clarify messages with anyone who has questions or concerns such as yours. So no problem dude

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**UPDATE** Hey all, so had to return to Full time work recently as a result of a recent life changing event this means that unfortunately East Hallow will be a long time in development. Also i am concentrating my efforts currently (with what time i have spare) at resolving an update patch for Yorkshire Counties by the end of October/November. I know this is probably a little rubbish but i will still be working on the project just at a slower pace than initially anticipated. I hope you all continue to support both Yorkshire Counties and East Hallow but please be patient and i thank you all in advance :)

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
**East Hallow Update** Ok So this is a Group Project with 4 of us and consists of the following members:
Lead Map Creator: Sylar
Lead Asset Creators: Citaro and Sambob
Bus Repaints: Whisky Stuffs

After the success of Yorkshire Counties and an upload submitted with an update to the map i felt it time to move onto my next project "East Hallow" This time i have teamed up with 3 other community members in order to bring custom BRAND NEW assets to the map to make it as individual and unique as possible. While Dependancies will still remain for essential assets it will look and feel a little bit more unique. The map currently has plans to contain 3 Routes and will not be as customiosable as Yorkshire Counties but will be more detailed. This is for several reasons the main one being my shortened timescale on which i can work on a map. Yorkshire Counties was 10hours+ a day and now i only get weekends and the odd few hours at night to work on it now. Anyway hope you enjoy the first few screenshots of progress on what is sure to be an amazing journey as a team project.

20171118224359_1.jpg

20171118225231_1.jpg

20171118225610_1.jpg

20171118225720_1.jpg

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
**East Hallow Update** Ok So this is a Group Project with 4 of us and consists of the following members:
Lead Map Creator: Sylar
Lead Asset Creators: Citaro and Sambob
Bus Repaints: Whisky Stuffs

After the success of Yorkshire Counties and an upload submitted with an update to the map i felt it time to move onto my next project "East Hallow" This time i have teamed up with 3 other community members in order to bring custom BRAND NEW assets to the map to make it as individual and unique as possible. While Dependancies will still remain for essential assets it will look and feel a little bit more unique. The map currently has plans to contain 3 Routes and will not be as customiosable as Yorkshire Counties but will be more detailed. This is for several reasons the main one being my shortened timescale on which i can work on a map. Yorkshire Counties was 10hours+ a day and now i only get weekends and the odd few hours at night to work on it now. Anyway hope you enjoy the first few screenshots of progress on what is sure to be an amazing journey as a team project.

View attachment 21523

View attachment 21524

View attachment 21525

View attachment 21526
Nice work mate, good to see you've come a long way.

One thing you could change however is the use of shrubbery. I personally don't like to use the default shubbery to form bushes at the side of the roads/on grass areas. It may be better to look in iomex's flora pack and use the various bushes and grasses that comes with it. I'd also expand this suggestion to all grass areas that are visible to the player. This just makes things look a lot more authentic and more natural.

Great work anyway!

Reactions: XxSilentWraithXx

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
Nice work mate, good to see you've come a long way.

One thing you could change however is the use of shrubbery. I personally don't like to use the default shubbery to form bushes at the side of the roads/on grass areas. It may be better to look in iomex's flora pack and use the various bushes and grasses that comes with it. I'd also expand this suggestion to all grass areas that are visible to the player. This just makes things look a lot more authentic and more natural.

Great work anyway!
Its all from iomex flora 2 pack apart from that backdrop that i plan on removing anyway lol as for that Captain Picard picture.....very constructive feedback that i can defo work with ;)

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread