Maps Fictional Yorkshire (1 Viewer)

So having got some help with the route & timetable side of things i have now began to crack on with my Yorkshire OMSI Project. This is my first attempt at having a good go at creating a full map with the intent to distribute for people to enjoy. So let me introduce you to Fictional Yorkshire, my very own adaptation of the Yorkshire Countrysides, Villages & Rural Bus Routes. I am using most of the current UK Scenery packs and will give full credit to those of whom require it when it comes to releasing the map. I would like to stress that having not had much experience with the editor problems will undoubtedly present themselves so i ask that you please enjoy the few screenshots, enjoy whats to come and any questions, comments or suggestions please do let me know. (Please do not include texture or custom paint job suggestions as this is a side of OMSI i have yet to dabble in)

Last edited:

Advertisement

Beta testing feedback:

@Sylar

A few things to improve:
-Flickering textures where pavements have been placed on top of each other, which can cause lag,
-Depot signs used for street names/terminus. Perhaps a detailed wall would work better with a street name plate attached,
-No tarmac spline at the depot, so there is a gap between the height of the ground and the road spline,
-Cones at the roadworks near the roundabout floating,
-Backdrops used next to roads with no 'blend-in' scenery of trees
-Backdrops going off hill in the air
-Lots of freemans buildings used, causing me alot of lag in some areas.
-Start menu picture looks a bit out of scale/stretched. I'd recommend if you're using paint.net to hold shift and adjust the size.
-Parked cars are in the ground along the X11 service. These should ideally be heightened to something like 0.2.

That's what i found whilst driving through the map, hope this helps :)

Didn't know whether to put this in WIP, or somewhere else, so sorry if this isn't the best place!

20170723212547_1.jpg

20170723213736_1.jpg

20170723213835_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KyleOmsi2

Gh0st28

Mar 29, 2016
i welcome people questioning it is the point of the Beta. However i do not welcome people literally making statements rather than suggestions on a process i explicitly have stated is far from perfect. This beta will be improved, will be worked on and will be made easier over time. I accept it is an issue as of right now but until i release the full version its all about trial and error. Oh and its a single man project so everything thats being done is being done by me and thus i am responsible and accountable for the map. So i continue to work hard on it.
But the majority of people who create maps, usually do it by themselves :P The most logical thing is pick beta testers and give it to them!

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
But the majority of people who create maps, usually do it by themselves :tongueout: The most logical thing is pick beta testers and give it to them!
it was tested fine we just didnt realize the complications in finding the dependencies and things as i mentioned previously this was my own fault in not understanding the upload requirements. However that being said i do not regret my decision to open the beta up to everyone as the more people who test, the more mistakes and errors i will find and thus the harder i will work to correct them. :) I understand some people are frustrated by the rocky start but thats exactly what it is...a rocky start

@Crusader 71 Thank you man thats exactly what i wanted to hear :P but seriously bro appreciated it and those suggestions and notes have been added to the list of things to do before 1.1 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RN61

Advertisement

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
109 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\dock13.sco!
110 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\factory8.sco!
111 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\dock2.sco!
112 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\factory82.sco!
113 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\industrie2.sco!
3dstudio? Great Grundorf 2 is probably your problem.

@Sylar
You have done a great map being your first and a beta.
There were some great comments on this map during my life stream.
I will be looking at the map closely and will give you my recommendations on a few fixes and where you could improve the map, but there was no lagging, and not really major issues.
Overall well done and thanks for a good low FPS map :)

Oct 23, 2016
Manchester
Pronouns
She/Her
109 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\dock13.sco!
110 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\factory8.sco!
111 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\dock2.sco!
112 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\factory82.sco!
113 22:58:23 - - Error: Could not load object Sceneryobjects\3dstudio\industrie\industrie2.sco!
3dstudio? Great Grundorf 2 is probably your problem.
i have great grundorf 2 installed

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
@Sylar
You have done a great map being your first and a beta.
There were some great comments on this map during my life stream.
I will be looking at the map closely and will give you my recommendations on a few fixes and where you could improve the map, but there was no lagging, and not really major issues.
Overall well done and thanks for a good low FPS map :)
Thank you and sure thing man i look forward to hearing from you

Reactions: SteveyRex

Advertisement

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
yeah tried that didn't work
im unsure brother, however i will enquire with somebody tomorrow for you, again i am sorry the map has these issues but i am working to resolve them even as i type this. I think the AI Indicating is something thats a constant on most maps anyway as i have noticed this one near enough every map i play on

Oct 23, 2016
Manchester
Pronouns
She/Her
im unsure brother, however i will enquire with somebody tomorrow for you, again i am sorry the map has these issues but i am working to resolve them even as i type this. I think the AI Indicating is something thats a constant on most maps anyway as i have noticed this one near enough every map i play on
we all had to start somewhere keep up the hard work

KyleOmsi2

Omsi Developer
Masterswitch Studios
Apr 30, 2017
If you are struggling with the map, until i have uploaded an improved/less dependent version @Citaro2013 has done an amazing tutorial and guide on his channel so do check it out. I am exceptionally grateful for this and it does simplify the instillation process that i understand looks so daunting from the dependencies.

Reactions: SteveyRex
If you are struggling with the map, until i have uploaded an improved/less dependent version @Citaro2013 has done an amazing tutorial and guide on his channel so do check it out. I am exceptionally grateful for this and it does simplify the instillation process that i understand looks so daunting from the dependencies.

You will hear me say about a few things for improvement in this stream - sorry is over 4 hours, i was having fun lol plus saves me typing haha

D

Deleted member 422

The ai indicating problem has been fixed. It's a problem with Omsi itself. If you take a look, there is a tutorial by Rhys on how to fix it.

Fix - https://fellowsfilm.co.uk/threads/f...-on-pavement-on-left-path-maps-solution.2064/

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread