New Feature Feature Requests & Introductions (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

Advertisement

I think it'd be nice to have an edit 'comment' function, allowing people to state what edit has been made to a post. Its a bit more subtler than just having it in the normal post, it'd be next to the 'last edited' time-stamp. I'm pretty sure I've seen it on a few servers before, OZx to name one.
We already have something similar in the form of edit alerts that can be sent by staff when editing somebody's posts if they so wish. However, for a user editing their own post, I'd say that simply leaving a short note at the bottom of the post is sufficient :).

Reactions: Jacobthebus

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The versioning system on the downloads centre is quite messy. Sometimes it'll go up as an 'Update', or simply be another listing on the 'History' page.

In the case of new versions on the Updates page, the newest version is not displayed. In the case it's gone to history, the newest version is automatically downloaded, but not immediately obvious there's differing versions.

I think IPS' system is a lot cleaner and more intuitive - the download has one description, hitting download presents you a list of different versions to download. Is there a way we can clean up the version system?

Advertisement

TAC

Wants a Royale with cheese
FF Council
Dec 10, 2015
versob.it
The versioning system on the downloads centre is quite messy. Sometimes it'll go up as an 'Update', or simply be another listing on the 'History' page.

In the case of new versions on the Updates page, the newest version is not displayed. In the case it's gone to history, the newest version is automatically downloaded, but not immediately obvious there's differing versions.
The reason an update wouldn't have been published is because you mustn't have ticked the 'Post update' tick box when submitting your new file version. There may be a way of us making this a little more clear in the future, so we'll look into it.

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
The reason an update wouldn't have been published is because you mustn't have ticked the 'Post update' tick box when submitting your new file version. There may be a way of us making this a little more clear in the future, so we'll look into it.

It's fairly obvious when submitting what will happen, but neither scenario seems particularly seamless to the person downloading to me. Apparently hitting download always downloads the latest version, and what is displayed on 'updates' is just for reference? If that's the case, then perhaps hitting download goes to 'History' instead, as that would provide the same experience as IPS.

TAC

Wants a Royale with cheese
FF Council
Dec 10, 2015
versob.it
It's fairly obvious when submitting what will happen, but neither scenario seems particularly seamless to the person downloading to me. Apparently hitting download always downloads the latest version, and what is displayed on 'updates' is just for reference? If that's the case, then perhaps hitting download goes to 'History' instead, as that would provide the same experience as IPS.
I can see your point, and we'll without doubt take the updates/versions issue into consideration.

With regards to the 'Download' button always downloading the latest version, this is completely intentional. In the vast majority of cases, users will want to simply download the latest possible version of a file, rather than have to choose on the 'History' tab. I understand that in some cases however, such as with Flora, you want the choice between different versions to be a little more clear, so would recommend submitting completely separate file listings for each major version in such cases (e.g: one for Flora 2, another for Flora 3).

I just purchased Keedlestone 1.8 from here. Really nice and simple to do.

It seems odd to me that there isn't a place on the website that shows your purchases. What if you accidentally delete the email with the download link?

Its also odd that when you go to the map page it still shows buy for 4.99 button when it should say download if you have purchased it.

What are everyone's thoughts on this?

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread