Maps Frantham and District (1 Viewer)

Hello!
I have had a little play in the OMSI editor, to practice my skills and learn how it works. That was in May last year, and then it was now, and now I have a small to medium-sized fictonal map with a plan and likely release. I aim to get a "demo" or cut-down version of the map out when it's ready. This demo will allow me to see how the map performs on other people's systems, and it will also allow you give feedback after driving on the map. For most recent updates (and more accurate descriptions), please go to the end of the thread.

This Demo/Beta/Whatever will focus on service 60, ran by ConEx from its Frantham depot.

What's this ConEx business?
1518022901101.png

Above: Close-up of the ConEx livery worn on a Citybus 400R operating service 151 to Peth.

ConEx is a fictional company created by me specifically for this map. They operate a few services on the map, mainly local services. It also wins the contract to operate Peth Metrobus services M1-M4. As a result of this, it runs from two depots, later 3 with the introduction of ConEx Gold. These are at Frantham, Peth and Cernby. It started as a family-run business in 1991, and has been family-owned and run since. It has a reputation in the area for reliability and good customer service.

The screenshots:
1518025201230.png

ABOVE: A ConEx Volvo B7L prepares to leave Cartonfield as a 57 to Peth arrives on the other side of the road, 2014.
BELOW: Arriva Bolvo B7L on the 9 attempts to turn as a Volvo B10BLE on the 57 passes on its way to Peth, Maytonford 2011.
1518025506128.png

1518025611245.png

ABOVE: Frantham Bus Station at night, including a lesser-spotted X94, 2015.
BELOW: A Sapphire Volvo B7L awaits its departure time at Farnham, 2017.
1518025801834.png

1518025893338.png

ABOVE: Sapphire Volvo B7L on the 57 passes a ConEx ALX 400 which has been rastered onto the 152, Frantham 2016.
BELOW: Sometimes Peth PTE buses escape the clutches of the M1, M2, M3 and M4. One such escaped vehicle is seen on the 151, Maytonford 2015.
1518026368285.png

They're all the screenshots I have for now. As work on the map progresses, I shall post more. Please give me your feedback, and say if there's anything you wish to know about the map. :)

Attachments

• 20180207163518_1.jpg
    20180207163518_1.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Advertisement

I need a little bit of help - Does anyone know of either an Optare Solo that is in development (and likely be released) OR a leagal Optare Solo that has been released, and is of decent quality?

I want to use an Optare Solo (Original solo or SR - I don't mind) for route 60 (and thus routes 154 and 155), as route 60 is the only one I have completed in the map and while driving it myself, it seems to have less useage than I had thought, and I feel that the passenger numbers do not justify ConEx using Citaros, B7Ls and double deckers on it.

I don't particularly want to model one myself as it would be my first bus, but I would if I feel I have to, and I don't want people to feel they have to make one because of this post.

Zeliux

Something Questionable
Mar 24, 2016
Leicester
Hello!
I have had a little play in the OMSI editor, to practice my skills and learn how it works. That was in May last year, and then it was now, and now I have a small to medium-sized fictonal map with a plan and likely release. I aim to get a "demo" or cut-down version of the map out probably this summer (though I'll just release it when ready). This demo will allow me to see how the map performs on other people's systems, and it will also allow you give feedback after driving on the map. If you wish to recieve almost annoyingly regular updates on development, see the Discord server here: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

The demo will focus on Arriva service 57 between the years 2014 and 2016 inclusive, with some chrono events adding minor changes. There will also be multiple AI routes, including ConEx 94 (later 151), 76 (later 152), 153 and X94, Arriva services 9 and N9, and Stagecoach services 10 and 92.

What's this ConEx business?
View attachment 24577
Above: Close-up of the ConEx livery worn on a Citybus 400R operating service 151 to Peth.

ConEx is a fictional company created by me specifically for this map. They operate 5 services on the map (X75 not included in demo), and also operate services M1, M2, M3 and M4 on behalf of the Peth Passenger Transport Exectutive. The company was created in the mid-1980s and had a proud fleet of Leyland Fleetlines, before replacing them in 2012, with one retained until 2015 for school runs and as a reserve, being replaced by five Citybus 400Rs, four Mercedes-Benz Citaros and two Volvo B7L. In 2014, it standardised its route numbering scheme to the 15x series, to coincide with it winning the Peth PTE contract for services M1-M4 from Stagecoach, which got it a fleet of worn and elderly Leyland Fleetlines. In 2015, it purchased 3 ex-London Transbus Trident ALX 400 buses as well as another Citybus 400R from First. Also in 2015, service X94 cuts ties with service 151 and is now operated 6am to 8pm and recieves its own route branding and four new C400RX buses. This change comes into effect on 4 May 2015, and makes service X94 player drivable. ConEx has 2 depots: Great Kirkland Street, Frantham and Milton Way, Peth.

The services:
An overview of services can be found below:
  • 57, operated by Arriva, Farnham to Peth, part of Sapphire brand after 2015, the only player-drivable route in the demo.
  • 9 and N9, operated by Arriva, Windyhill Estate/Frantham to Thatcher.
  • 94, operated by ConEx, Maytonford to Peth, becomes 151 in 2014. Timed to co-incide with ConEx City service 45/154.
  • X94, operated by ConEx, Frantham to Peth, early morning/evenings only (5am, and 6am from Frantham, return 7pm and 11pm) until 2015.
  • 76, operated by ConEx, Cernby to Frantham, becomes 152 in 2014.
  • 14, operated by ConEx, Maytonford to Darlington, becomes 153 in 2014.
  • 45, Operated by ConEx, Barton to Peth Interchange, becomes 154 in 2014. Timed to co-incide with service 94/151
  • 10, operated by Stagecoach, Hylton Green to Peth Interchange.
  • 92, operated by Stagecoach, Peth Interchange to Lington Park, shuttle service for Lington Car Boot Sale, Sundays only.

The screenshots:
View attachment 24583
ABOVE: A ConEx Volvo B7L prepares to leave Cartonfield as a 57 to Peth arrives on the other side of the road, 2014.
BELOW: Arriva Bolvo B7L on the 9 attempts to turn as a Volvo B10BLE on the 57 passes on its way to Peth, Maytonford 2011.
View attachment 24584

View attachment 24585
ABOVE: Frantham Bus Station at night, including a lesser-spotted X94, 2015.
BELOW: A Sapphire Volvo B7L awaits its departure time at Farnham, 2017.
View attachment 24586

View attachment 24587
ABOVE: Sapphire Volvo B7L on the 57 passes a ConEx ALX 400 which has been rastered onto the 152, Frantham 2016.
BELOW: Sometimes Peth PTE buses escape the clutches of the M1, M2, M3 and M4. One such escaped vehicle is seen on the 151, Maytonford 2015.
View attachment 24588

They're all the screenshots I have for now. As work on the map progresses, I shall post more. Please give me your feedback, and say if there's anything you wish to know about the map. :)
Repaints arn't the best, but maybe i'll re-create them. Map looks well "wicked". KEWL!

I need a little bit of help - Does anyone know of either an Optare Solo that is in development (and likely be released) OR a leagal Optare Solo that has been released, and is of decent quality?

I want to use an Optare Solo (Original solo or SR - I don't mind) for route 60 (and thus routes 154 and 155), as route 60 is the only one I have completed in the map and while driving it myself, it seems to have less useage than I had thought, and I feel that the passenger numbers do not justify ConEx using Citaros, B7Ls and double deckers on it.

I don't particularly want to model one myself as it would be my first bus, but I would if I feel I have to, and I don't want people to feel they have to make one because of this post.
You could use the renown, eclipse 1 etc

OK. I am going to pause development on this map temporaily. Likely until mid-June. This is because I have exams coming up and I don't want the map to distract me. I am sorry about this but I will not be abandoning this map unless something goes spectacularly wrong like the map and all the backups corrupt or go missing or something like that.

Jul 14, 2017
Brighton
Pronouns
He/Him
OK. I am going to pause development on this map temporaily. Likely until mid-June. This is because I have exams coming up and I don't want the map to distract me. I am sorry about this but I will not be abandoning this map unless something goes spectacularly wrong like the map and all the backups corrupt or go missing or something like that.
Good luck with your exams

We're back!

Over the past week, I've been doing some work on the map. This includes new repaints and I (finally) have one service fully implemented! Here's what I've been working on:

- Arriva service 57 is now operational, operating every 30 minutes (60 minutes on saturdays and sundays) between Farnham and Peth.

1528986350452.png

ConEx also begin refurbishing their fleet from summer 2015. This includes new interiors and a new livery.
1528988475171.png

ConEx's new livery (including the pride liveries), as seen on a variety of buses. Starting top left and moving clockwise:
- 3602 (B7L)
- 3605 (Citaro)
- 9512 (C400R)
- 9513 (Trident ALX400 London Spec)
- 3604 (Citaro)
- 9511 (C400R)

I have added more scenery between Farnham and Frantham, though this is not yet complete.
1528988655751.png

I have also added all of the roads inside the orange box. All I need to do is add a few more for the 502/M2, redirect the A171 to be more direct and then all I need to do is finish off the scenery. I hope to get the map out sometime in August, but I'm NOT promising anything.
1528989231280.png

Finally, I have made a custom loading screen. This will be supplied but OMSI will not use it by default. Details on how to do it will be found in the manual if you don't know how to do it.
1528989339800.png

REMEMBER: You can join the discord server here: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers and recieve more frequent updates on progress.

Attachments

• 1528986462011.jpeg
    1528986462011.jpeg
    480.2 KB · Views: 24

Advertisement

cant wait till its released I can tell you have put effort in and the relief will be massive when done as everyone will enjoy a map that you made. Good work!!!!!

Thanks! :)

I'm glad that it actually looks like I put time and effort into it, because I very much have. It will be a great relief to get it out so you can all play and (hopefully) enjoy it. Though, as I have stated, this release will not be a final version, as I plan on adding 2 more (very lengthy and challenging) routes, and many of what will be AI-only routes in this version, for a final version of the map, also set over a wider period.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread