G29 D-Pad not working (1 Viewer)

Hey dudes. So over the past month or 2 iv'e noticed whenever i try bind my D-Pad (In the Logitech Software) to "Left" & "Right" arrow keys to simulate it being the keyboard, the G29's D-Pad just will not output them into game, or even to Windows for that matter.
I tried mapping the D-Pad, then going onto my desktop & seeing if my blue highlight behind the application icon would move (like it would if you pressed L&R) but it didn't.
I then tried it in OMSI 2 & low and behold, it didn't.

I shouldn't think my D-Pad is faulty as my G29 is fairly new & it seems to be a common issue. Iv'e tried re-installing Logitech software, downloading their profiler etc, anyone else have a workaround?

Solution
I don’t have a G920 but had a DFGT with similar problems and found disabling the force feedback and selecting minimum options sometimes fixed all the buttons if any stopped working. Anybody tried anything like that?

Other than that all I can say is just keep bugging Logitech! :P

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Hey dudes. So over the past month or 2 iv'e noticed whenever i try bind my D-Pad (In the Logitech Software) to "Left" & "Right" arrow keys to simulate it being the keyboard, the G29's D-Pad just will not output them into game, or even to Windows for that matter.
I tried mapping the D-Pad, then going onto my desktop & seeing if my blue highlight behind the application icon would move (like it would if you pressed L&R) but it didn't.
I then tried it in OMSI 2 & low and behold, it didn't.

I shouldn't think my D-Pad is faulty as my G29 is fairly new & it seems to be a common issue. Iv'e tried re-installing Logitech software, downloading their profiler etc, anyone else have a workaround?

The buttons on the D-Pad aren't able to be assigned in the OMSI menu, you have to assign them to buttons in the Logitech Gaming Software. Unfortunately, the latest windows update seems to have broken LGS, which means the buttons you assign won't work. You'll just have to put up with not being able to use the D-Pad in OMSI for a while as I've contacted Logitech about it and they don't seem to want to do anything to fix it.

Reactions: rampant

Advertisement

Mar 15, 2017
Pronouns
He/Him
The buttons on the D-Pad aren't able to be assigned in the OMSI menu, you have to assign them to buttons in the Logitech Gaming Software. Unfortunately, the latest windows update seems to have broken LGS, which means the buttons you assign won't work. You'll just have to put up with not being able to use the D-Pad in OMSI for a while as I've contacted Logitech about it and they don't seem to want to do anything to fix it.
Just for anyone wondering, i think this is just a problem with the newer wheels. I am using a Logitech Driving Force Pro and don't have an issue assigning the button in LGS with the latest windows 10 update.

Nov 30, 2017
Ah, thank you, that's very helpful, actually! I had the same issue as the OP and I was frustrated that once I booted up the game, using the left and right D-Pad buttons worked for about 30 seconds and then would not register -- I was concerned it might have been something wrong with my wheel.

So uninstalling LGS and then reinstalling an older build from their website should hopefully resolve the issue, at least until they fix it (if they fix it) in the next release...

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Hello @rampant, I was wondering if you managed to work around this issue at all? If you ended up using an older version of LGS, what version did you use? It doesn't seem that Logitech fixed this issue in their latest update (20/08) on my end
The latest update hasn't fixed it for me either. I've tried installing many previous versions of LGS with no luck. I also tried to get it working using a different program and that didn't want to work either.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread