Maps Greater Manchester (2 Viewers)

{Update this post was updated with upto date images & Info 13/3/2020}

Hello, Fellow Bus Drivers/Omsi Veg

Myself and Josh and other developers are working on Greater Manchester the Main routes I will be trying to recreate into OMSI 2 is 571/572 which is a Great lever circular from Bolton interchange, I also will be working on the 500 bus route which is operated by vision bus I then intend to make the 575 diamond to Horwich which will bring in the 576 Arriva to Horwich, after this a big decision will be made if I make the 582 or the old 22 bus route from Bolton Bus Station - Stockport Bus Station ( it's 26 miles long and 2 hour route)

The map started off at Bolton Interchange including 125 to Chorley only, 500, 571/572, 575/(576).

Will this include different bus companies? Yes it will that can range from Diamond North West, Arriva, Vision Bus.

What year is the map set in? Well for those who like the older bus station I will include a modification to use that station or the new one. This allows people to do what they're happy with.

I aim to make this map quite a big map so over years it will become larger.
I may be looking for some help if you Inbox me I mainly am Looking for Realistic Buildings that could improve detail of the map and realism. Some buildings will be fictional placed due to time it takes to build them it is much quicker and this is mainly a personal project I'm willing to release when I'm done with it.

Release of this map is still yet Unknown but I will be keeping updates coming of the map this map may take a while to make as I do not get alot of freetime.
more information will be released soon

Screenshots So Far:

252530_20210313005212_1.png
252530_20210313005847_1.png

20210306010119_1.jpg
20210306191521_1.jpg
20210308185551_1.jpg
20210309053129_1.jpg

Last edited:

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
I’m from the Wigan area & it’s looking very realistic however the 125 goes to Preston not Chorley
Yeah I know some of the later services do stop at chorley so just get small things done and work larger and further onto it With me putting so many towns it leaves so much possibility to become a larger map yet It may toll on FPS Unfortunately as the way I'm making hte roads be realisitic is to have alot of splines involved.

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm glad to say I have been able to learn how to create custom Junctions which means progress will continue I've decided to begin placing buildings and making Bolton be ready then I will finish anything else and begin to work towards horwich and finish those roads then continue as I may be able to release a Beta, for Routes 575 & 576 - Horwich as a start.
1534708247805.png

Joshy

That Burnley bus person
Dec 26, 2017
Burnley, Lancashire
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm glad to say I have been able to learn how to create custom Junctions which means progress will continue I've decided to begin placing buildings and making Bolton be ready then I will finish anything else and begin to work towards horwich and finish those roads then continue as I may be able to release a Beta, for Routes 575 & 576 - Horwich as a start.
View attachment 33236
I just noticed that at the bottom the way of traffic is facing the opposite way of the junction and traffic light.

Reactions: Joshua Ramsden

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I started the whole map with the Inverted Splines for the road, which means when coming to edit routes and traffic stuff it's facing the correct way don't worry , if it becomes too much of an Issue I'll have to redo the whole map's splines but for now i'll be using the correct facing way when editing from now :)

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Good news I have fixed the streetlights so we now have streetlights, I also put in the AI traffic which seems to be running smoothly. I have not finished much but around the bus station there are buildings at the moment, any suggestions / positive feedback would be great.
View attachment 33260
That is looking really good! Congratulations!
I have one suggestion, and a question.
1st. I'd suggest you'd change the german pharmacy sign on the right to something like Boots, as it is a map set in the UK.
2nd. I think these blind guidances for crossings should be a bit more down, so that two yellow no parking stripes go over them, if that's possible.
But I like that you even put them there. That's great attention to detail!

But apart from those two things, it looks really cool. Good job, Joshua!

BTW: To me, that blue car right behind the Stagecoach Gold C400R looks like the Ibishu Covet from BeamNG.drive! :oops::eek::cool:

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
It's great that you're learning to make custom invis junctions, good job. I'd suggest you make sure though that you're using the latest version of all your object and spline packs, which will save you a huge headache when it comes to packaging and release - those crossing stud splines appear to be the very outdated opaque ones from a very old version of BotW, which is now not available, for instance.

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
I have one suggestion, and a question.
1st. I'd suggest you'd change the german pharmacy sign on the right to something like Boots, as it is a map set in the UK.
2nd. I think these blind guidances for crossings should be a bit more down, so that two yellow no parking stripes go over them, if that's possible.
But I like that you even put them there. That's great attention to detail!

BTW: To me, that blue car right behind the Stagecoach Gold C400R looks like the Ibishu Covet from BeamNG.drive!
Thank you for your suggestion Looking at it , it does look messy with the Crossings with yellows going through them.and for the building wise, I am thinking of doing that anyway as objects are scattered across folders i still yet to make it much more friendly for installing and having them into a sub folder as for I have no means for releasing soon things that I show now could look Compeltely different in the future.

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
It's great that you're learning to make custom invis junctions, good job. I'd suggest you make sure though that you're using the latest version of all your object and spline packs, which will save you a huge headache when it comes to packaging and release - those crossing stud splines appear to be the very outdated opaque ones from a very old version of BotW, which is now not available, for instance.
Thanks for that I don't tend to update my scenary packs unless I have to with downloading other maps, so I will look into doing that as soon as possible. And with packaging and that yeah I do need to sure I know whats there for easier to release with the required so as of now the buildings are not final or some of the objects used.

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Is diamond north west part of or the same company as diamond in the West midlands?

Same company just named different as per for your area so North west is cause it's in north west and west midlands obviously because its in the west midlands.

I heard the 507 is a decent route, it has its own bus stops and goes past a supermarket, which is a good space for passengers to get on. I do also like how it goes through suburbs and then into the town.

As for the future not sure what routes will be definately in but I can look into it depending on what my outcome is.

Advertisement

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Despite all the positive feedback, I've decided I'm going to remake it all using imagery in game to make it more realistic instead of having it more fictional, Roads will be done much better, will be sing splines instead of paining the surface to provide extra detail to make it look better, I've decided to start from leigh bus station to go to horwich then to bolton, once the Leigh to horwich is done I will be placing buildings to then possible not definately but possibly have a beta out for selected people, Hopefully you understand and are as excited for this as I am, but this is to make the map much better for the community :)

Progress on the bus station at Leigh:

1535916334810.png

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
I've updated the pavements to have peds paths already made to make life easier and the bus station is almost complete ,I have also deviced I will be making the Vantage V1 Route to Manchester Royal Infirmary as an addition to the map this will open more doors , I do have plans to make a private beta once I've got the route 516/517 done.
1535985378428.png

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Is it me or are those kerbs very high, great work BTW & you may want to make the hof files so the destinations scroll, like in Scunthorpe. I live in Wigan & therefore in Bolton a lot, looks amazing
Didn't see your post sorry but Destinations may not have that feauture due to the amount of routes, personally myself I have had issues with displays with lots of destinations on the H.O.F such as it not loading fully at the start, sure I can do it for the time It's not got alot of routes but the finished product I cannot garuntee scrolling destinations :)

Joshua Ramsden

Phantom Productions
Mar 4, 2017
Bolton
Pronouns
He/Him
Just threw together a quick vantage repaint for the C400R for showing this image, the V1 and 582 are COMFIRMED to be apart of this map it may not be implimented striaght away as I'm building everything in one spot at once so doing all the signs and lights and markings etc in one area then making the next.

I'm excited for this project to be redone just as much as you are I aprreciate all your support and I'll work on this as much as possible.
OMSI2_20180904_002522.jpg

Advertisement

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread