Maps Keedlestone [Removed] (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 295

To coincide with the upcoming 1.8.1 update of Keedlestone hopefully in the coming weeks, I've taken it upon myself to design a new website with assistance from @Fellowslothb himself providing elements such as screenshots of the refined areas, chrono details etc.

In terms of purchasing the addon, this will also be affected as a result of the website change. There will no longer be a separate website for Keedlestone and the payment portal, it will all be delivered on the new website to make things more integrated. This not only helps us keep track of orders but also makes it easier for new customers to follow the steps to get Keedlestone. For existing customers who've already bought it, your details will be migrated over so you'll naturally still have access to the download link if you require it in the future (in addition to the link for 1.8.1 update itself upon release, you will receive an email as usual.) Further details of this will be present on a dedicated part of the new website detailing the process and what's changed for both new and existing customers, it also still has both credit/debit card and PayPal options for your convenience.

So what to expect from the new website aside from a better purchasing process? There'll be dedicated pages for details such as routes currently available (brief profile/route diagrams for all), and chrono details to name a few. Overall the aim is to make it easier for you to see what Keedlestone has to offer both now and in the future with the major release of 1.9 (which again, existing customers that bought 1.8 or 1.8.1 will get for free upon release.)

Alongside the new website, I've also designed a new identity for Keedlestone to be more flexible for the future. Currently, it's followed the Route 15/65 colours, as previously these were the only routes in the map, however now this isn't the case the branding naturally has to change in order to keep up with this. Below is a teaser in the form of a logo, hopefully you'll see it as an improvement!
For those curious as to the purpose of the design, the green on the left is to represent the hills of Snowmere, blue on the right representing the sea at Corton Bay (which will feature in the 1.9 update in the future), and a road between them to share a common feature of all routes that are/will be present in Keedlestone, as of course that's what you should always be driving on!

Keedlestone Logo.png

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 295

It was never cancelled ;) Just IRL stuff and a few rebuilds here and there to get things looking the best they can has delayed it, when it comes to payware content a lot of time needs to be put into it because there’s a higher expectation, so delays can happen. But I’m sure it’ll be well worth the wait as you’ll see by some screenshots and info on the website when it’s launched. Thanks for the nice comment anyway, we appreciate it.

Reactions: hcbj12 and RS1995
Bought this a few weeks ago and its a brilliant map with extremely good optimising and performance IMO.

One quick thing (as I started reading this thread to find it but there's 33 pages!) - Will the bus paths be reworked in the patch? I find they half pull into stops and block other traffic (especially at the train station terminus) but also have a habit of braking suddenly on approach/departure from the stop.

Any chance of adding a few laybys at the P&R terminus? I often like to leave buses parked up in between gameplay sessions :)

Thanks for your hard work and apologies if these questions have already been covered.

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
I already bought this and it won't let me download it as I am on a new computer
If you let me know via PM what email you used to purchase I can get the link resent to you (Or reset downloads) :)

Bought this a few weeks ago and its a brilliant map with extremely good optimising and performance IMO.

One quick thing (as I started reading this thread to find it but there's 33 pages!) - Will the bus paths be reworked in the patch? I find they half pull into stops and block other traffic (especially at the train station terminus) but also have a habit of braking suddenly on approach/departure from the stop.

Any chance of adding a few laybys at the P&R terminus? I often like to leave buses parked up in between gameplay sessions :)

Thanks for your hard work and apologies if these questions have already been covered.

Thanks for the feedback! Once this version releases, there will be a huge changelog available to view in a place that is hard to miss so if there's something I have forgotten to mention at any point during this really long thread, it should be in there :)

I've reworked many of the AI paths (Mainly for pavements due to the lack of pedestrians) but I have also improved many of the bus stops and positionings, as you may or may not be aware, I did completely rebuild the Rumford Station area (Screenshot below) but it should work a hell of a lot better, from testing I can see buses properly position themselves in the terminating bays so that other vehicles can pass by without issue.

I do want to redo part of the Hummingbird P&R at some point as it's meant to be the main park for Rumford but instead its more like one of those small duck pond parks. Once the rest of Rumford is in then I can work on changing it up somewhat.

Hopefully this answers some questions :) if not feel free to ask anything that is on anyones mind.

Screenshot as promised:
1544210779413.png

And one of the new entrances to the Interchange (Where the low bridge used to be, it's now a level crossing)
1544210827760.png

Advertisement

Advertisement

Fellowslothb

Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios
Downloads Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Dec 10, 2015
Pronouns
He/Him
looks incredible just a question regarding the 15 when you leave the rumford peak district site the timetable doesn't change stop has this been fixed
It has indeed, the Peak District site no longer exists and has been replaced with Victoria Hospital which has a much better terminus :)

can someone help me ive checked everything but still wont load at last minute. ive run omsi map tools and no errors or probs
Can you post your logfile in a spoiler at all?

junaid1510

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/QB5bbH4gv9
Oct 20, 2016
Willesden, London
To coincide with the upcoming 1.8.1 update of Keedlestone hopefully in the coming weeks, I've taken it upon myself to design a new website with assistance from @Fellowslothb himself providing elements such as screenshots of the refined areas, chrono details etc.

In terms of purchasing the addon, this will also be affected as a result of the website change. There will no longer be a separate website for Keedlestone and the payment portal, it will all be delivered on the new website to make things more integrated. This not only helps us keep track of orders but also makes it easier for new customers to follow the steps to get Keedlestone. For existing customers who've already bought it, your details will be migrated over so you'll naturally still have access to the download link if you require it in the future (in addition to the link for 1.8.1 update itself upon release, you will receive an email as usual.) Further details of this will be present on a dedicated part of the new website detailing the process and what's changed for both new and existing customers, it also still has both credit/debit card and PayPal options for your convenience.

So what to expect from the new website aside from a better purchasing process? There'll be dedicated pages for details such as routes currently available (brief profile/route diagrams for all), and chrono details to name a few. Overall the aim is to make it easier for you to see what Keedlestone has to offer both now and in the future with the major release of 1.9 (which again, existing customers that bought 1.8 or 1.8.1 will get for free upon release.)

Alongside the new website, I've also designed a new identity for Keedlestone to be more flexible for the future. Currently, it's followed the Route 15/65 colours, as previously these were the only routes in the map, however now this isn't the case the branding naturally has to change in order to keep up with this. Below is a teaser in the form of a logo, hopefully you'll see it as an improvement!
For those curious as to the purpose of the design, the green on the left is to represent the hills of Snowmere, blue on the right representing the sea at Corton Bay (which will feature in the 1.9 update in the future), and a road between them to share a common feature of all routes that are/will be present in Keedlestone, as of course that's what you should always be driving on!

View attachment 38135
is the website available to view

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread