Maps Kilmanagh (1 Viewer)

Logo (Transparent).png

UPDATE AUGUST 2019 - THIS POST IS COMPLETELY OUTDATED AND WILL BE REVIEWED OVER THE COMING DAYS.

IMPORTANT: This map is in the INCREDIBLY early development phase. The screenshots currently shown are from the early builds and EVERYTHING is subject to change at any time.
As with forum rules, questions regarding release dates and testing phases will be ignored.

Kilmanagh is a small (fictional) university town, based in the U.K. The map will feature three towns (Kilmanagh, Kilcornan and Blackrock Village) complemented by some countryside. For the first release, the map will feature one route with three variations, which are detailed below. The primary operator of these routes is Bus Éireann, an Irish company that has recently taken its first venture into the UK market.

Update - I've decided only place names and the bus operator only will have an Irish touch - the rest should be British enough.

Current Plans:

The towns are served by a number of bus routes.​

• Route 115: A university route serving two major countryside towns connected via the A81. The route has four variations to account for varied customer demand. The 115 is the primary route that runs from early morning to late night Monday-Sunday. The 115A is the extended route with increased service at the weekend and on public holidays and the 115X is the express service that only operates in the mornings and evenings Monday-Friday. The 115N is the night service that serves limited stops every 2 hours during the night.
    • 115: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Blackrock Village and Kilmanagh High Street.)
    • 115A: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Kilcornan Asda, Industrial Park, Park & Ride, Kilmanagh High Street and Kilmanagh Estate.)
    • 115X: Kilcornan Terminus to Kilmanagh University (via Park & Ride and Kilmanagh High Street.)
    • 115N: Kilcornan High Street to Kilmanagh University (via Blackwater Shopping Centre and Kilmanagh High Street.)
  • Route 50: A Kilcornan town service serving the train station and hospital. Operates hourly from 7am-9pm.
    • 50: Blackwater Shopping Centre to Kilcornan Hospital (via Kilcornan Train Station.)
  • Park and Ride Services: A new addition to the map is the park and ride. It is located between Kilcornan and Kilmanagh and is designed to serve both towns. There are two dedicated Park and Ride Services, one for each town. Operates from 9am-7pm daily. The services operates around every 15 minutes to both towns.
    • K1: Park and Ride to Kilcornan Train Station (via Blackwater Shopping Centre.)
    • K2: Park and Ride to Kilmanagh University (via Kilmanagh High Street.)
  • Route 1: A busy route that connects the towns to the local airport (name and details undecided) via the motorway (M21) every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. The 1X is an express service that serves limited stops and operates every two hours from 5am-9pm (in between the normal route 1 service, meaning major stops have an hourly service during peak hours). I'M NOT SURE WHETER THIS WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE ORIGINAL RELEASE YET.
    • 1: Kilcornan Terminus to Airport (via Blackwater Shopping Centre, Park and Ride, Kilmanagh High Street and Kilmanagh University.)
    • 1X: Blackwater Shopping Centre to Airport (via Kilmanagh High Street.)
Timeframe and Availability:

The map is in a very early development phase and will take months to complete to a standard that I am happy with. I will provide further information and an estimated completion timeframe (that will be very loose) as the project develops.

I am debating the best way to proceed with this project financially. Stay tuned.

Screenshots:
FOR MORE RECENT SCREENSHOTS, SCROLL TO THE LATEST UPDATE.
Only a couple for now. ;)

20181127193225_1.jpg

20181216200852_1.jpg

20181226212909_1.jpg

20181226212914_1.jpg
FAQs:
Can I test the map?
Read the first two lines.

When will it be ready?
idk

What's next for the map?
idk that either

Do you have a 1.Discord and/or 2.Facebook Page?
1. No
2. No

What buses and what operators will be on the map?
The operator will be Bus Éireann but the buses they will operate is TBD.

Last edited:

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
This is another nice new map to look forward to. Unless you have decided the buses to use already. I would recommend the ALX400 Trident from V3D Studios, The C400R, Citaro or the MAN A21 as those buses are available from here and it would save the hassle for going elsewhere to download another bus. But there is the Enviro 400 MMC that in development along with the Wright Gemini and Streetdeck Pack as well as the Wright Streetlite. But the choice is up to you mate but I will say keep up the great work mate :).

Advertisement

This is another nice new map to look forward to. Unless you have decided the buses to use already. I would recommend the ALX400 Trident from V3D Studios, The C400R, Citaro or the MAN A21 as those buses are available from here and it would save the hassle for going elsewhere to download another bus. But there is the Enviro 400 MMC that in development along with the Wright Gemini and Streetdeck Pack as well as the Wright Streetlite. But the choice is up to you mate but I will say keep up the great work mate :).

Thank you for your kind words!

The likelihood is that it will be the E200 MMC by V3D and the Wrightbus Streetdeck by BlueOrange as, from the screenshots I've seen, they are the highest quality buses to come out of the community so far. This is, of course, subject to change.

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
Thank you for your kind words!

The likelihood is that it will be the E200 MMC by V3D and the Wrightbus Streetdeck by BlueOrange as, from the screenshots I've seen, they are the highest quality buses to come out of the community so far. This is, of course, subject to change.
I wouldn’t use the MMC by V3D for reasons I’m not going into here. Masterswitch Studios are working on an E200MMC that would be higher quality.

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Aye its best not to use the V3D E200 MMC as to cut it short. Its not an official release. Best to stick to legitimately released buses such as those in the download library on here. It would make it easier to access the required buses. Another option would be to wait until the Masterswitch Studios version comes out which would be better if you still wanted to use the E200 MMC mate :). There are some other great buses to come from them as well once they are finished and thoroughly tested.

Hope this helps.

LeylandNationalStagecoach

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Aye its best not to use the V3D E200 MMC as to cut it short. It's not an official release. Best to stick to legitimately released buses such as those in the download library on here. It would make it easier to access the required buses. Another option would be to wait until the Masterswitch Studios version comes out which would be better if you still wanted to use the E200 MMC mate :). There are some other great buses to come from them as well once they are finished and thoroughly tested.

Hope this helps.
I agree! :)
I wouldn’t use the MMC by V3D for reasons I’m not going into here. Masterswitch Studios are working on an E200MMC that would be higher quality.
I agree, yet I'm not sure which would be higher quality – I'd say they'll both be the same, but who knows really.
Anyways, I'm not here to argue, let's get back on topic. :)

Thanks for your comment. Thanks for letting me know about the MS one as I didn't know they were making one. Will probably take a look at a few options before picking a final option.

Aye its best not to use the V3D E200 MMC as to cut it short. Its not an official release. Best to stick to legitimately released buses such as those in the download library on here. It would make it easier to access the required buses. Another option would be to wait until the Masterswitch Studios version comes out which would be better if you still wanted to use the E200 MMC mate :). There are some other great buses to come from them as well once they are finished and thoroughly tested.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. Honestly, I'm not entirely sure about what happened with V3D (and quite frankly don't want to) and as a result I'll still have a look at his E200 when it's released (as right now - I have no reason not to). I also didn't know MS were making one so will assess that one when it is released too. Best single deck bus available at the time will be the one that shall be picked.

Advertisement

UPDATE #6 - 19th May 2019

Just a brief update. Lots of the work done doesn't really require screeenshots or mentioning as it's very minor.

1. Completely re-did the high street area to make it look a small bit more convincing and appealing.
252530_20190519221843_1.png

252530_20190519222340_1.png
2. Added traffic lights to some of the junctions.

3. Added some houses and additional details on the main road from Kilcornan to Kilmanagh.
252530_20190519222244_1.png
4. Some more, smaller fixes to various areas of the map, including:
- added some kerbs,
- added some new bus stops,
- new flora across the map,
- removed trees from inside of walls,
- various detailing around the supermarket area.

Thanks everyone for your continued support.

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
That looks great mate and to be honest. Its up to you which buses that you will choose for the map. Although I will probably use the DMS on this route as I like older buses as well as the newer ones :).

That E400 in the images does fit in well though and I shall look forward to using this map in a future let's play as I am liking the progress. I am pleased to see an Irish map being made for OMSI 2.

Reactions: leinsterjack
PROGRESS UPDATE - 19th August 2019

Right so here's where we're at folks.

Basically I've decided to start from scratch. When I started the original Kilmanagh, my map editing skill and experience were both low. Since then I feel I have gained a better skillset and more of an eagle eye for detail.

I also want to take the map in a completely different direction to where the old one was going. Completely different.

I didn't want to try to release something that did not best reflect the vision I had for the map aswell as the hours and work I put in. I hope you understand my position.

I will provide a much larger post with more detail and background of the new Kilmanagh in the near future but for now please enjoy one or two screenshots of the roundabout I've been working on for far too long over the last few days on the new map.

As always, constructive feedback is welcomed.

(N.B: The screenshots are an early WIP as every time I look at them, I notice even more that needs to be changed/added.)

20190819233642_1.jpg

20190819233804_1.jpg

20190819233946_1.jpg

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire

Basically I've decided to start from scratch. When I started the original Kilmanagh, my map editing skill and experience were both low. Since then I feel I have gained a better skillset and more of an eagle eye for detail.

I also want to take the map in a completely different direction to where the old one was going. Completely different.

I didn't want to try to release something that did not best reflect the vision I had for the map aswell as the hours and work I put in. I hope you understand my position.

I will provide a much larger post with more detail and background of the new Kilmanagh in the near future but for now please enjoy one or two screenshots of the roundabout I've been working on for far too long over the last few days on the new map.

(N.B: The screenshots are an early WIP as every time I look at them, I notice even more that needs to be changed/added.)

Ooh this looks amazing!!
Great job!
Only thing I would slighty change is that the ground texture doesn't loop itself that showingly. ;)

Ooh this looks amazing!!
Great job!
Only thing I would slighty change is that the ground texture doesn't loop itself that showingly. ;)

Appreciate the feedback.

Unfortunately this was the best texture I could find that fitted what I wanted it to do. I think it looks more obvious as it’s a texture people haven’t seen before but if you compare it to the original OMSI default grass - it isn’t much more repetitive than that.

That being said I agree with you and will try to find a workaround.

Developer
Outreach
Jun 28, 2018
Fayton Heath, Caldshire
Appreciate the feedback.

Unfortunately this was the best texture I could find that fitted what I wanted it to do. I think it looks more obvious as it’s a texture people haven’t seen before but if you compare it to the original OMSI default grass - it isn’t much more repetitive than that.

That being said I agree with you and will try to find a workaround.
Ah ok. :)
Good luck with the map!

Reactions: leinsterjack

Advertisement

ITS A11

Gud Ebening
Nov 12, 2018
East London

What road did you use for the roundabout? good work

Users who are viewing this thread