1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London DLC Discussion [NO RELEASE DATE DISCUSSION]

Discussion in 'OMSI & OMSI 2' started by Rhys, Feb 17, 2017.

1. junaidstarz

junaidstarz Well-Known Member

Will the e200 come as freeware or will it be added in the addon for the route p5

2. luke123591

luke123591 The Map Failure

Just out of interest @Rhys, how many tiles does the map currently have?

3. sambob_12

sambob_12 Well-Known Member

@luke123591 that was back in may though, so it might have got bigger since then :)

4. Rhys

Rhys The Blender Bevelling King! Moderator UKDT

Nope, it's not expanded at all. I've been polishing everything that I already have currently.

I've only started the model two days ago, it is too early to even consider what I'm planning to do with it.

5. Raymond Souster

Raymond Souster New Member

Enviro 200? Have i missed something other then V3D's Enviro 200 MMC?

6. danielc2525

danielc2525 Veteran Member

Yes I think you have @Raymond Souster ;)

On Sunday evenings Rhys will be making an Enviro 200 (Non MMC) to show the community how buses are made and developed :)

Feel free to follow his streams here:

7. junaidstarz

omg.png
    hope you dont mind @Rhys

Lukeo likes this.
  8. Melvin Williams

Melvin Williams Metrobus/Croydon Veg

*Cough* P4 *Cough* Please *Cough*

junaidstarz likes this.
  9. junaidstarz

10. Dean99

Dean99 Member

I hope Rhys doesn't change that though, because it will cut down on the length of the route we can play. Personally, I think everthing should be kept as it is. Plus it would take Rhys even more time, to alter route 3 (and any others that are cut back). Perhaps he may include schedules ending at Trafalagar Square, as well as Oxford Circus. That would be good as it would please everyone (people that want to drive all the way to Oxford Circus, or others that want to be realistic and end at Trafalgar Square) But let's just wait and see. Whatever happens, we've got probably the best DLC ever made coming our way...

Rhys likes this.
  11. Rhys

Chronos Dean, chronos! Chronos can allow for all changes over the past 2 years that have been happening on the 3. In reality, the 3 is actually only being cut back by 2/3 bus stops from Conduit Street/Hamley's Toy Store to "Trafalgar Square/Charing Cross Station". This is in preparation for Route 22/C2's changes which will resort in Route C2 using the 3's current stand in Conduit Street. TfL are currently consulting on extending route 3 from Trafalgar Square to Russell Square once Crossrail opens in December 2018, as part of the Central London bus consultation. I personally am a bit upset as TfL originally planned for the 3's withdrawal from Oxford Circus to Regent Street to be temporary, owing to roadworks, now the route will never return to Oxford Circus.

12. LazyGuy222

LazyGuy222 First Virtual Driver, All Round Nice Guy

@Rhys In Passenger View where will the Camera be E.G Downstairs At The Very Back Or Upstairs At The Front etc

13. Rhys

There are many passenger views for each bus, the default passenger view for all buses in the add-on are over the luggage bay at the front of the bus

LazyGuy222 likes this.
  14. LazyGuy222

LazyGuy222 First Virtual Driver, All Round Nice Guy

Ah Ok, Thanks for Replying

15. Road-hog123

Road-hog123 Temporarily without access to forum or PC Administrator UKDT

Now, before anyone gets too excited about anything shown on the blinds, I should add a small explanation:

Firstly, what you don't see are the further 14 route numbers that come after the National Rail logo, these cannot be selected except via the menu as they are AI-only routes from operators the player doesn't drive any routes for.

The remaining route blinds you do see are from the 4 major operators the player drives for. They are grouped by operator (Arriva, Abellio, Metroline and Go-Ahead) and then by depot; and each group is inter-spliced with black and white blank blinds and (where applicable) operator logo blinds.

Every player and AI route from those 4 operators is on the blind roll, along with some others. The others are from depots the player drives for; for example: the first block of numbers is QB (Battersea) garage for which the player drives routes 3, 159 and N3 and the AI drives route 211; but QB's other routes (49, 156, 344, 414, 452, C2 and C3) are also in that first block. The last block in each operator group contains the AI routes from depots the driver doesn't drive for, like the block that contains only the 109 which is an AI route from BC (Beddington Cross).

Front and side blinds are less confusing, only destinations you'll see on player or AI buses will be featured, with the exception of a few generic blinds at the beginning of the blind roll.

Oh, and before anyone suggests "why don't you make them all", there are about 780 bus routes in London, which means you have about 1,600 front displays and around 6,000 side displays. I think you'd prefer me to work on other things than powerblinds for routes you can't drive. ;)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  16. Cauterize1750

Cauterize1750 Member

Love the look on those blinds

17. TJ L

TJ L New Member

Rhys i was wondering if u got around to making the video / trailer of london again also fantastic work u have inspired me the three years ive been following the development although its not done i dont have the carisma to create my own bus due to the amount of critasism i will get and no one would like it but anyhoo go RHYS ! :D

Frenzie 2, Ben Cox and Callum23 like this.
  18. SatoshiAaron

SatoshiAaron Well-Known Member

I'm oddly pleased that the alignment giggle was added to the power blinds. I didn't think this would be a feature that would be added. I'm quite the roller blind enthusiast myself.

Lukeo, Frenzie 2 and The_Player1 like this.
  19. buttiebacon

buttiebacon New Member

are there any schools on the map, if there are would it be more busy with students on the school run hours like in the morning and at 3:30pm?

20. Rhys

There are a number of schools, but I cannot force OMSI to be busier at one specific time, I don't think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Gavin