1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London DLC Discussion [NO RELEASE DATE DISCUSSION]

Discussion in 'OMSI & OMSI 2' started by Rhys, Feb 17, 2017.

1. ROBLOX Bus Simulators

ROBLOX Bus Simulators New Member

2. Dean99

Dean99 Member

I've never heard of a chrono map before thid project. How does this work? Is there going to be an option in settings to change the year or something?

3. LazyGuy222

LazyGuy222 Roblox Name:CS7C3D

Get Bowdenham V4

4. Sparrow 76

Sparrow 76 Well-Known Member

The gamplay (Map, buses, features) are different when you set the the year in the start up menu

Dean99 likes this.
  5. Rhys

Rhys The Blender Bevelling King! Moderator

London was made cashless in 2014, the map is based between the years of 2015 and 2017 (Maybe 2018 if I implement the 68/N68 changes to Abellio in March 2018). Meaning only an emergency ticket fare will be issued to passengers if they do not tap in. Similar to TSLP's ticketing system

The default Berlin-Spandau map utilises the chronology feature.

6. LazyGuy222

Oh, I thought it happend in 2016 :tongueout:. Oh well

7. LazyGuy222

This is Omsi, not Roblox.

8. Rhys

You may be thinking of the hopper fare, that was introduced last year after Sadiq Khan came into power

LazyGuy222 likes this.
  9. ROBLOX Bus Simulators

@Rhys I haven't got TSLP as it came off the website. Do you know what happened to it? Is this like a sequel to TSLP? They both look brilliant :)

10. Rhys

Add On London is more or less the sequel to TSLP. It's basically a completely revamped TSLP built to a far better quality with 15+ more routes added on top of it.

11. ROBLOX Bus Simulators

@Rhys Ah, ok. So overall, much better that TSLP, haha. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Plus, with new buses and not a KMB freeware one with chinese words all over it which a lot of us may not understand, haha. I thought TSLP was good, now I can't wait at all!

12. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

That is why this is going to be best payware add-on ever! I have counted at least 7 buses in the add-on minus the ALX400 as that is by V3DStudios and its a freeware bus. So if I have it right, there is

NRM
    SRM
    Gemini 2 and 3 (Volvo Chassis)
    C400
    Citaro Artic
    C200

Not sure if the C400 MMC is still going ahead, but either way, that is 7 buses (2 single deckers and 5 double deckers) for us to play with when that monster of an add-on (and I mean this in a good way mind) comes out publicly. Meanwhile and keeping on topic with the C200 candy. I will look forward to seeing other London liveries on this new bus Rhys. As always, keep up the great work buddy! ;).

13. 0118999

0118999 [insert witticism here] Junior Moderator

I hate to break this to you but the SRM has been binned (very rare in reality), the C400MMC City is intended to replace it but don't expect to see anything of it for a while yet. I don't believe a Citaro G has ever been mentioned in relation to London DLC, there is a "for fun" C200 artic just previewed but that won't be in AI traffic.

Also note the NRM is unlikely to be available in the initial release. Both Gemini's are Mk3, one is pre-facelift and one is post-facelift.

14. The_Growl

The_Growl Well-Known Member

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but there was a Citaro, though I think it was a special for TSLP buyers. It's been binned for very long time though.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Planesandbuses and Jacobthebus like this.
  15. BritishRail60062

BritishRail60062 Active Member

Thanks for the updates. I had no idea that the SRM and the Citaro had unfortunately been shelved :(. But I can understand the reasons as I don't know if Citaros are still used in London or not as many of those got booted out and displaced with NRM's between 2012-2015. As for SRM, I can understand that one being shelved as I think there is only a handful of them in London IIRC :).

Nice to see that the C200A is going be a bonus bus in the add-on. Although as fictional as it is, every time I see Rhys's model of it. I always wonder why ADL never bothered to make a articulated E300 in the real world? As I think they would have sold a fair few of them in the larger UK cities if not used on some London routes :).

16. Rhys

Haha hate being reminded of the old screenshots:eek::weary::weary: . It shows how far things have come though

17. SeaHawk14

SeaHawk14 Member

Haha... I'm glad you think that, I remember the first time I saw it, thinking "well, I sure hope that's early stages of the model, because theres a load of work to do"... I quite like seeing those old screenshots, you've come VERY far since then.
    Also, I've seen your facelift Mk3 on YouTube, but not your Mk3 Pre-face lift.. Is it because you haven't given it out to beta-testers?

18. AdventureRock123

AdventureRock123 {G920 DRIVER} Simulator

19. mnizard

mnizard New Member

Look this isn't a release date question, but how much more do you have to do to the project before release? I understand it's really big and u had to redo most of it after show bus I was just interested to know how much u have done or is left like percentage wise or whatever?

20. Rhys

Well, a number of things, all mainly to do with the map:
    -Finish off my quality improvements
    -Set up a few residential roads for the C200s Routes
    -Re timetable a few routes
    -rebuild Norwood and Waterloo Bus Garages/Brixton Tramsway Shed
    -Get tons of photo textures for buildings (to be done this week)
    Once all the above is done:
    -Testing, that should go on for at least 2-3 months
    -Ironing bugs from testers out
    -Adding some last minute cosmetic features to the buses
    -Fit the remaining 5 vehicles with an identical powerblinds set to the C400. (currently the buses are using a modified default script which has been simply made for screenshotting purposes)
    -Write up the documents needed for the Add-On/get them formatted by Aerosoft

And other contractural stuff, so quite a number of things to get done within the span of 5 months.

So you're aware, from tomorrow, I will be taking a week's break away from developing and most community related stuff. Just haven't had a day off from developing in a while, and I just need to get my sanity back lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Planesandbuses