London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
@Rhys for new years eve events on Addon London does Route 59 terminate at Kennington after like 1930 or has that not been implemented to match real life workings for that event? #hype
I’ve not yet implemented it, as it effects a large amount of routes in the addon. But I’ll implement something like that, once I add the rest of my chrono’s sometime over the next month or so :D

Advertisement

@Road-hog123 Really enjoyed watching your stream the other day on the development of the MDT I have to say, it is now looking pretty top quality! I just wanted to ask, unrelated to the addon, sometimes when I get on the bus, I see that instead of the delay time in the top left corner, there are a series of arrow symbols (like two arrows on a line). Is this because the driver has the iBus set on a different default page? It’s like an arrow moving horizontally along a dotted line. I checked the Big Red Book but couldn’t find anything. Any ideas what this is for? If not, no problem, it was just a general question.

Last edited:

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
instead of the delay time in the top left corner, there are a series of arrow symbols (like two arrows on a line). It’s like an arrow moving horizontally along a dotted line.
That's the headway indicator for routes that run with a headway instead of a timetable. With headway operation, instead of having a set time that the bus should be at a stop, the bus aims to run a number of minutes behind the bus in front. Thus you have a rightwards arrow on the right indicating the bus in front, followed by a scale with divisions which are probably minutes or something. There's then a downwards arrow that points to where on the scale the bus is, and the driver tries to keep it in the middle.

This won't be implemented initially and if it ever is implemented it'll be a bodge. This is because OMSI's internals only do delay to a timetable, there's no way for the user bus to get any information about any other buses, so there's no way to know how close to the bus in front you are. This means that if implemented this display would just be a re-skinned timetable delay indicator.

Quality is terrible on this scan on the MDT Instruction Manual, but this here's a possibly better picture of what it's like:
1517440088611.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lukeo and Dean99

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
@Road-hog123 Really enjoyed watching your stream the other day on the development of the MDT I have to say, it is now looking pretty top quality! I just wanted to ask, unrelated to the addon, sometimes When I get on the bus, I see that instead of the delay time in the top left corner, there are a series of arrow symbols (like two arrows on a line). Is this because the driver has the iBus set on a different default page? It’s like an arrow moving horizontally along a dotted line. I checked the Big Red Book but couldn’t find anything. Any ideas what this is for? If not, no problem, it was just a general question.
May I ask what MDT is?

Dec 22, 2016
That's the headway indicator for routes that run with a headway instead of a timetable. With headway operation, instead of having a set time that the bus should be at a stop, the bus aims to run a number of minutes behind the bus in front. Thus you have a rightwards arrow on the right indicating the bus in front, followed by a scale with divisions which are probably minutes or something. There's then a downwards arrow that points to where on the scale the bus is, and the driver tries to keep it in the middle.

This won't be implemented initially and if it ever is implemented it'll be a bodge. This is because OMSI's internals only do delay to a timetable, there's no way for the user bus to get any information about any other buses, so there's no way to know how close to the bus in front you are. This means that if implemented this display would just be a re-skinned timetable delay indicator.

Quality is terrible on this scan on the MDT Instruction Manual, but this here's a possibly better picture of what it's like:
Ah I see! Thanks for the great explanation, I always wondered what that was!
May I ask what MDT is?
It stands for Mobile Data Terminal which is a controller drivers use to control the iBus announcements, keep on top of their timetable, and send messages or speak to CentreCom.

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
I'd just like to clear something up, I've had a few of you come onto the London FB page, over the past two days, to hurl abuse over the release date. I'd like to say that I've not once confirmed a release date, recently. Whatever has been displayed on the Amazon page, is not something that's been set by myself or any other members of the development team. This is something that's set by Aerosoft, as a provisional date.

Now I don't feel that I need to keep re-explaining myself over and over again, but unless I announce a release date, take things with a pinch of salt. More importantly, as a team, we're collectively still working on improvements to ensure the inital product is done to a consistent standard. You need to remember that we all have our own personal lives to live outside of OMSI. I'm only 21 at the end of the day, and the rest of the development team are around my age. If you're unhappy with the way things are, that's on you. But I hope once London is all said and done, you can all see the amount of effort that's gone into it.

I'd also suggest for those of you complaining on UKOF, to stop. Your complaints are not getting you anywhere. We understand your frustration, but we, the developers, are probably even more frustrated than you all, as we did wish that London's development was done ages ago.

Going forward, I've decided to get rid of the Facebook page, for now. I am not tolerating any disrespect over a game.

Advertisement

Apr 5, 2016
well said rhys, I don't understand people getting so worked up over an add on ( a great add on but still an add on) if you wasn't using your OWN time trying to make something special for us all, we wouldn't have these great maps & buses (and repaints too for the guys who do them) I think people should step back and chill and give great credit to ALL who make things better for the omsi community and stop whinging when things don't appear as soon as someone says i'm working on.... keep up the great work guys. rant over lol

Advertisement

Aug 10, 2016
It’s a real shame that the Facebook page has been taken down, but I fully understand why Rhys has done this. Nobody should put up with abusive/disrespectful comments.

I am very much looking forward to the add-on as personally I have lost the ‘spark’ with OMSI at the moment and need something fresh to get me back into playing, I’m hoping London is what will get me back in the drivers seat. I wish Rhys and all the team the best of luck with the continued progress with Add-On London.

Nick

Feb 6, 2016
Leiecster
Pronouns
He/Him
Such a shame people have to treat people so bad, Rhys gone out of his way to make this awesome project for everyone to enjoy and all he gets back is disrespect because people out there have nothing better do to. Let him and his team get on with it and remember this word PATIENCE!! @Rhys I wish all the best of luck with the project dude xD.

Reactions: ARTY 1 and Rhys

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
I tried for 15 minutes to write a comment regarding the people abusing Rhys, racially and what not, but I couldn't think of anything diplomatic to say in regards to this. It's just sadly how people of a certain demographic, have been taught to behave from their parents.

Don't let the high horses ruin your drive for OMSI man; there aren't many of us making such projects and that's probably it, the bus enthusiasm and industry even down to a game level, is run by bigots without any regard for any other element of expression, and feel a bit insecure about sharing what they believe is their hobby with others.

Let the stick and stones fly but I just had to say from my experience, I know exactly where Rhys is coming from..........................................................

EDIT: Hope some of you all leave the man alone with this mentality and focus on helping him achieve this goal, I did my bit early on and still here to support.

Last edited:

Jimmy Turtle

Building Canberra One File At A Time....
Nov 11, 2016
Canberra, Australia
Why did they need to do that, Rhys and everyone online should be respected. If we knew the people as 'friends' in real life, they would never be talked to again.
These harassment's won't make the Add-On come out any sooner, it will make it later and later if this continues. I know all of us are just wanting to see the Add-On publicly released but Rhys is making it so it a lovely Add-On.

J_Finney

The Father of Xceed VBC
Feb 8, 2017
Southend, England
Why did they need to do that, Rhys and everyone online should be respected. If we knew the people as 'friends' in real life, they would never be talked to again.
These harassment's won't make the Add-On come out any sooner, it will make it later and later if this continues. I know all of us are just wanting to see the Add-On publicly released but Rhys is making it so it a lovely Add-On.
Agree entirely

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread