London DLC Discussion [RELEASE DATE: 10/12/2020] (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

* Updated 9th December 2017.*
In order to ensure the London WIP thread is solely focused on the Work in Progress developments of London. It's been decided that it will be best to create a new thread for any questions that you may have regarding the features to be included in the add-on.

Prior to asking your questions, please ensure that this has not already been showcased in the WIP topic. Please also ensure that you READ this thread before commenting

Please Note: This thread is not the place to ask for the add-on's release date as I will disclose that once it's time to make it publicly known.

FAQ:
What buses are included in the DLC package?
- B5LH/Gemini 3
  • Citybus 200
  • Citybus 400
  • New Routemaster

What routes are included in the DLC package? (updated)

Do the buses come with an onboard iBus system?
Yes, it's currently being re-scripted to allow it to have a few more functions. These functions will be disclosed at a later date as it's not our top priority.

Can I become a beta tester for one of the vehicles/map?
No, we are not looking for any beta testers. We appreciate many of you are excited, but we also do expect many of you to respect our decision. All testers were selected by myself and my development team. This was done on a basis of people who are in the community who we can already trust, and not done on the basis of requests.

How much will add-on London cost?
Add-On London is currently expected to be priced at £24.99/27.95 Euros for the download version dependent on where you live, and £28-£30 for the boxed version depending on which site you purchase the add-on from.

Are there any plans for future vehicles post-London release?
Yes, there are plans for a number of vehicles which will be confirmed once development has started on those. The only confirmed vehicle is the Enviro400City, as discussed above.

Will the buses use the same rollband system as the current freeware London B9TL?
Road-hog123 has spent excessive time working on a brand new rollband script to replicate the Mckenna Brother's Powerblinds unit. All buses included in the add-on will feature its own unique powerblind set and does not replicate the example seen in the Volvo B9TL by AD156

This product is now released and can be discussed at Other - [Official DLC] OMSI London

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 10688

Can I just say cause I noticed this @jonathonlawrence_316 You're disagreeing a lot on what Rhys, Myself, and others saying about people such as @Badger but then when it comes to the addon coming out you'll probs be the first to order it?, Rhys been through a hell of a lot with this Project and His team and he's had threats/abuse within the addon and instead of disagreeing on one person who can easily be replaced, at least be thankful for what the team is doing :)

Are people not entitled to their own opinion on this forum anymore?

Good riddance.

@Mercedes-Benz If i wan't to disagree with something, then i have every right too, called having an opinion, and my opinion is that i disagree with a lot of what has been said. I have been around in the community for long enough under multiple names since the omsi 1 days, seen my fair bit of drama, and to be honest i am sick and tired of it and how awful and cancerous the community has become and it's got to a stage where i couldn't give a flying toss. What also annoys me is everyone is moaning at Badger for the most part, but do we really know the truth of whats gone on, NO WE DON'T! You have also made it sound like i'm two faced "when it comes to the add-on coming out you'll probably be the first to order it?" , if i want to buy an add-on, then i will buy it, i have every right too, so why that should bother you, i do not know. Also depends on if i have the money to buy the add-on, which depends on when i get paid from work. Chances are, the add-on will get released and i probably won't buy it until a month later. Personally, i think you have been incredibly childish, trying to call someone out for having "an opinion" which seems to be something in 2018 which we are not allowed to have as it is ever called, rude or wrong. Grow up seriously, i think 90% of this community need to grow up, but saying that a large majority is made up of 12 year olds.

Advertisement

Nov 14, 2016
@Mercedes-Benz If i wan't to disagree with something, then i have every right too, called having an opinion, and my opinion is that i disagree with a lot of what has been said. I have been around in the community for long enough under multiple names since the omsi 1 days, seen my fair bit of drama, and to be honest i am sick and tired of it and how awful and cancerous the community has become and it's got to a stage where i couldn't give a flying toss. What also annoys me is everyone is moaning at Badger for the most part, but do we really know the truth of whats gone on, NO WE DON'T! You have also made it sound like i'm two faced "when it comes to the add-on coming out you'll probably be the first to order it?" , if i want to buy an add-on, then i will buy it, i have every right too, so why that should bother you, i do not know. Also depends on if i have the money to buy the add-on, which depends on when i get paid from work. Chances are, the add-on will get released and i probably won't buy it until a month later. Personally, i think you have been incredibly childish, trying to call someone out for having "an opinion" which seems to be something in 2018 which we are not allowed to have as it is ever called, rude or wrong. Grow up seriously, i think 90% of this community need to grow up, but saying that a large majority is made up of 12 year olds.
Well said, too many do Gooders who think it’s acceptable to shut people down or block them when they voice their opinion, it’s getting very frequent and needs to stop

Moskie

Fixing timetables brb
Jan 16, 2016
Good decision to both of you Rhys and Badger. Its better to go separate ways if there's disagreements.

This way it doesn't doom the current projects you have going on. Disagreements at the time can be hard to swallow for all parties involved, and it can simply boil down to certain people simply cannot be a part of the same team. You will all feel much better about this once things have calmed down.

As for other members on this thread, I think you should take your personal discussions and tit-for-tat elsewhere. It's cluttering up this thread which is not for the discussion of personal agreements. If anything you simply sound downright childish, and I don't care if you have 'tenure' in the OMSI community; in fact in such a case, you should know better.

The latest screenshots are just awesome.
Seeing the AI cars being built and now in London screenshots, its amazing how much time and effort it takes to create such a thing for our enjoyment, Whistlehead is AI GOD!!

The amount of patience as well with Roadhog with scripting. Understanding each variable, write, try it, re-write is just amazing and animated fans :O AWESOME

I can agree that the new template format is so much easier to line up your repaints.

EDIT: oh and Rhys is a MAP GOD cus London is looking AWESOME!!!!

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Ok, let's close this little discussion down now, we don't want anything getting heated in here.

Yes everyone has a right to voice their opinion, that's free speech. However, free speech just means you won't be arrested for saying what you think - what it doesn't mean is that nobody is allowed to tell you they think you're wrong, because that would be kind of the opposite. Equally, this is a private forum, not a public space, which means we have every right to close down what people are saying if we think it's likely to cause an argument and make the forums a less welcoming space.

The fact of the matter is that parts of the development team have made a decision to go their separate ways. I understand this is going to cause some people to get het up, but please don't use the forums to vent.

Now go look at the pretty pictures instead ;)

Advertisement

The routemap on the first page shows 18 routes by day (some are 24 hour routes), plus there are 4 routes by night and a Thameslink RRP
You might wanna update The cover on Amazon then, XD
1534337116665.png

Advertisement

BlueOrange

Founder of Masterswitch Studios
Masterswitch Studios
Mar 22, 2016
masterswitch-studios.com
You might wanna update The cover on Amazon then, XD

That is the old cover - As per the bus list on the first post of this thread, the Gemini 2 B5LH is no longer being featured in the DLC. Only Amazon have control over that listing (its an official amazon listing, not a third party) so they decide what images go there.

Last edited by a moderator:

P674 MLE

P674 MLE and P675 MLE are now in Preservation ! !
Apr 6, 2018
www.flickr.com
I agree with you this fourm is terrible in terms of opinion and the fact that most of thees fourm users are silly 12 year olds couldn't have been better said @jonathonlawrence_316

Reactions: The_Player1

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread