London DLC Discussion [NO RELEASE DATE DISCUSSION]

• Unfortunately as part of our ongoing site upgrades we have had to remove our support for linking external Steam accounts. If you are unable to login using Steam, please use the username/email address associated with your account to request a new password to login with here.

Rhys

🚔UK OMSI Police🚔
Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2016
Herne Hill, London
There is a lot to test here but you make a good point - when AI traffic is reasonably high (rush hour for example) then junctions should not deadlock themselves. I wish developers would sometimes (where necessary) omit some of the clever (nice to have) turning traffic if it results in traffic deadlocking - which renders the simulation unplayable.
You have to remember, OMSI has it's limitations. There's only so much a developer can do. But OMSI's limitations doesn't allow you to immediately have traffic avoiding specific hotspots, if there were gridlocks. You can only set various traffic rules, which also has it's limitations. I personally think from the way you described it, it's something that's out of a developer's control, simply from how OMSI is set up. I also think you have to take into account that in busy city maps, traffic lights are very common within a small vicinity. Having your traffic factor set to 100% will almost certainly cause a gridlock somewhere and will have a knock on effect to the surrounding roads and areas. Most OMSI maps have this issue. Even the default maps have the same issue.

Jonathan

Oct 28, 2016
Guys - just an idea - but the dev and test team for the London DLC may want to consider going into "social media lock down" for a few months now while the bulk of the remaining dev and test work is completed. This project must now be well past the point where feedback and new ideas are going to be useful - and the remaining tasks should be very clear (I remember previous reference to a finite list of tasks). Social media (including this thread now at 92 pages (!)) must be a significant distraction - and 10 minutes spent on here is 10 minutes away from the project itself. Also I would suggest that delivering more screenshots and videos is counter productive at this point. Once all the dev and test work is finished then would be a good time to go back onto social media to maximize interest in the project prior to its final release.

Rhys

🚔UK OMSI Police🚔
Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2016
Herne Hill, London
Guys - just an idea - but the dev and test team for the London DLC may want to consider going into "social media lock down" for a few months now while the bulk of the remaining dev and test work is completed. This project must now be well past the point where feedback and new ideas are going to be useful - and the remaining tasks should be very clear (I remember previous reference to a finite list of tasks). Social media (including this thread now at 92 pages (!)) must be a significant distraction - and 10 minutes spent on here is 10 minutes away from the project itself. Also I would suggest that delivering more screenshots and videos is counter productive at this point. Once all the dev and test work is finished then would be a good time to go back onto social media to maximize interest in the project prior to its final release.
We've been doing this for a while. I think we know what we're doing. We post monthly updates to keep our following interested on the latest developments. I don't, for one second, think it's conterproductive. In fact, it's keeping the interest of most people who've been following the progress of London. London is still WIP, as are other projects on this forum. Why not give the same advice to other developers instead, who've been working on their projects for a similar amount of time that we have? I'm not deflecting blame or attention. But I just feel like the advice you've given can also be applicable to any developer in this community. Moreover, popping on the forums for 10 mins at a time isn't a distraction I don't believe. It's good to grasp the opinions of those who follow and support London. Plus I do have a life to live, as do the rest of the developers and cannot work on London every single waking minute of the day. Besides, if I was to completely leave the community in the dark about our progress with London, and stop posting updates, then we'd still be slandered. We can't win either way!

LT586

Oct 25, 2016
Deadout London
I am curious about the iBus unit in action and the serial hybrid drive for the LT. Also has the I-Shift in the G3 been tweaked to climb hills that are in the map?

Rhys

🚔UK OMSI Police🚔
Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2016
Herne Hill, London
I am curious about the iBus unit in action and the serial hybrid drive for the LT. Also has the I-Shift in the G3 been tweaked to climb hills that are in the map?
I’m also hoping to show you soon, about the G3/NRM.

Wrt the G3, it now FLIES up hills. The gear efficiency was increased substantially and Ross has spent so much time working on smoothing out the jerkiness, so it doesn’t lag at all!

Wrt the NRM, the serial hybrid train Roadhog has scripted is such a charm! I actually love the NRM the most because of it. You should see how it all works soon, Ratti’s also been finishing off the sounds/heavily improving them and it’s all coming together nicely!

ross4122

Scottish Vyking Veg
Staff Team Leader
Content Control
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
You can't do that without the original model files though.

Rhys

🚔UK OMSI Police🚔
Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2016
Herne Hill, London
And guess what, everything can be removed.... I use blender. I could probably get rid of it for my personal use. :) I am pretty experienced with blender.
Not quite, remember Add-On London has encrypted .o3d files for the Steam Version. This means the files cannot be edited whatsoever.

LT586

Oct 25, 2016
Deadout London
I’m also hoping to show you soon, about the G3/NRM.

Wrt the G3, it now FLIES up hills. The gear efficiency was increased substantially and Ross has spent so much time working on smoothing out the jerkiness, so it doesn’t lag at all!

Wrt the NRM, the serial hybrid train Roadhog has scripted is such a charm! I actually love the NRM the most because of it. You should see how it all works soon, Ratti’s also been finishing off the sounds/heavily improving them and it’s all coming together nicely!
It all sounds incredible. Channel is all ready and set for the addon, and Road Hog, look forward to seeing the iBus unit in action. Not sure if this has been mentioned but you can use a working version in the London Transport Museum in a cab of a Gemini 2.

Rhys

🚔UK OMSI Police🚔
Forum Moderator
Mar 20, 2016
Herne Hill, London
  • Rhys

Rhys

Rhys I know that it’s not on the first page but is the dart still going to be in the add on?
There was never a Dart planned for London? Haha. Are you referring to the C200? (which is basically a Dart, in itself)