Buses MAN 14.240/MCV Evolution (1 Viewer)

Hi all, Today I felt was the right time to start a thread for this, so here you all are. I am working on a MAN 14.240 with an MCV Evolution body, Metrobus spec if all goes to plan so far. This is my first bus and I hope to get this finished, as I have a map I would like to accompany it (more details revealed soon).

Screenshots:
eb3d18bc617101ba722b9d1aea2e5588.png

I have started work on the rear at the moment...
eb3d18bc617101ba722b9d1aea2e5588.png

Credit to @WelshWizard for the front, thanks for starting me off man :)

Please Note:
As I have seen many people ask on other projects, I thought I would make it clear right here, right now.
- I will NOT specify any sort of release date, until I am happy it is complete, please do not ask for these
- I will hand pick Beta testers when the time comes, asking will NOT increase your chance of becoming one, I will pick people who I feel are worthy of testing the bus.
- I hope to post updates frequently, however I cannot guarantee it, please do not ask whether any updates will be made, you will just be clogging up the thread.

Hope you all enjoy :)

Feb 4, 2017
Right so I feel a quick update is due... A long one at that... With regards to the model I have started on the gaskets and done various minor bits and bobs around it (of which I can't remember at this point). I really don't like the way some of this model has shown out, there are some real issues with it, the headlights for example are really off, and the cab windscreen is built so it curves wayyyyy too much as opposed to the original. I'm considering redoing it, however I want this out by the time LOTUS comes out at the latest... To be fair that won't happen regardless what I do and we know that, looking at the timings from all of this. However there are some really bad issues with the current model. Oh and I got some diagrams... So yeah that's been stuck in my mind for the last month...
View attachment 26630
Redo it if you don't feel happy... It's happened with almost all buses so far anyway, part and parcel of creating these models. Plus bear in mind that what you've done before you'll do better and quicker the second time round and you'll feel much prouder of the end product. You'll notice all the inperfection in your model and it'll bug you.

Reactions: Costar1198

Advertisement

Mar 16, 2017
Looking good. I used to see these from time to time operated by Metrobus in London, but since their full acquisition by Go Ahead London, they're being phased out. I've never ridden one, but they seem good in appearance.

If needs be, redo the model. Take your time.

Reactions: Costar1198

Costar1198

Some guy from Croydon innit
Mar 30, 2016
Looking good. I used to see these from time to time operated by Metrobus in London, but since their full acquisition by Go Ahead London, they're being phased out. I've never ridden one, but they seem good in appearance.

If needs be, redo the model. Take your time.
They are the batch I'm basing this off, I ride them almost every day lol, many say they're awful but I love them, which is why I want to make this model as good as possible :)

Reactions: Troyski

Users who are viewing this thread