NRM/SRM/NB4L regional variants (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a list of the buses that will come with a regional version or is it just all of the except the nbfl?
8590415617_72dec3e26c_b.jpg

Last edited:

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I think NRM's will spend all their lives in London, if a handful leave I doubt they'll be converted to single door given the costs involved (not to mention the twin staircases). Much depends on whether their batteries get replaced when they're worn out, if not they will probably go for scrap as I doubt it would be easy to fit a larger engine as has been done with some older E40Hs (effectively dehybridised).

I imagine the SRM body could be fitted on the B5TL, but not sure anyone would go for it given Wright have only sold about 5 on the B5LH chassis to London.

I think NRM's will spend all their lives in London, if a handful leave I doubt they'll be converted to single door given the costs involved (not to mention the twin staircases). Much depends on whether their batteries get replaced when they're worn out, if not they will probably go for scrap as I doubt it would be easy to fit a larger engine as has been done with some older E40Hs (effectively dehybridised).

I imagine the SRM body could be fitted on the B5TL, but not sure anyone would go for it given Wright have only sold about 5 on the B5LH chassis to London.

Yeah that is true, who knows, maybe one day, but it is very unlikely, I don't think that the SRM and NRM would fit places like Kent well though , at least not where I live due to the amount of hills and tight narrow roads there are, they are not powerful enough compared to the B7TL's and E400's :D

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Yeah that is true, who knows, maybe one day, but it is very unlikely, I don't think that the SRM and NRM would fit places like Kent well though , at least not where I live due to the amount of hills and tight narrow roads there are, they are not powerful enough compared to the B7TL's and E400's :D
The NRM is actually rather decent on hills. They're just rather slow if they don't get much of a running start. Likewise with a B5LH. They can be pretty powerful, but at the same time, the i-Shift gearbox can be a massive hinderance on steep hills.

yeah , I have noticed that a lot, The B5LH's which Arriva Kent and surrey in Maidstone, when they are running on the 3 from Maidstone Town centre to Maidstone hospital , this is a very hilly route and when the bus gets a run up they are usually fine , or act like any normal bus would, but when they have to stop on the hill at one of the bus stops they struggle a great deal , I still think though that the E400 ETC handle a lot better , but who knows, I don't travel on the NRM and SRM's that much because I don't go to London all the time :D but yeah , the buses still look really nice though :D

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
The NRM is actually rather decent on hills. They're just rather slow if they don't get much of a running start. Likewise with a B5LH. They can be pretty powerful, but at the same time, the i-Shift gearbox can be a massive hinderance on steep hills.
So basically, you need a bit of straight road before the hill starts. iShift is useless anywhere other than big cities, hence why they are made for London :P

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
Not really, the I-Shift gearbox is actually very clever. From my daily experiences on them for the past two years on B5LH chassis, they're very vigilant about which gear to go in, for example when on the flat it'll set off in sixth gear (in reality), but when on a steep hill it'll start off in third or four, thus providing extra power. It'll also go through more gears (ie from 4-5-6-7... vice 6-8-10) when climbing a hill, and it'll go through fewer gears (ie from 6-9-11) when going down hill.
The battery also won't kick in if the bus stops on a steep gradient.

Reactions: Frenzie 2

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
Not really, the I-Shift gearbox is actually very clever. From my daily experiences on them for the past two years on B5LH chassis, they're very vigilant about which gear to go in, for example when on the flat it'll set off in sixth gear (in reality), but when on a steep hill it'll start off in third or four, thus providing extra power. It'll also go through more gears (ie from 4-5-6-7... vice 6-8-10) when climbing a hill, and it'll go through fewer gears (ie from 6-9-11) when going down hill.
The battery also won't kick in if the bus stops on a steep gradient.
Ah, makes sense now :)

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Are you going to continue posting off-topic stuff (that's 4 posts I've deleted and notified you about now, have you read the title of the thread you're posting in)? If you have issues with moderator decisions please submit a ticket, this is not the place to dispute them.

Reactions: Florence3099

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
And there's another thing about this forum. NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH
Ok, you clearly have no understanding of what "Freedom of Speech" means...
b5a97d2c748f43fd00a70ee1ae195b95.png
Are we a democratic government? No, we're a generally benevolent dictatorship that governs an internet site.

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread