NXWM E200MMC - New Displays (1 Viewer)

The displays themselves haven't been changed, it's just the files that have had an update. The database for Yardley Wood/Acocks Green was updated before Christmas in this new font style. The main reason for this was to add extra short workings and diversion information due to bad weather at the time, personally I like the new ones as they are easier to read.
The 37s and 6s are all running as "E"s at the moment which might look unusual, because Solihull Railway Station is closed for resurfacing, this is probably why you might have only noticed the font change now.
Hope this helps.

Advertisement

The displays themselves haven't been changed, it's just the files that have had an update. The database for Yardley Wood/Acocks Green was updated before Christmas in this new font style. The main reason for this was to add extra short workings and diversion information due to bad weather at the time, personally I like the new ones as they are easier to read.
The 37s and 6s are all running as "E"s at the moment which might look unusual, because Solihull Railway Station is closed for resurfacing, this is probably why you might have only noticed the font change now.
Hope this helps.
Thanks ever so much for clearing that up!

Mikey

Howdy.
Feb 6, 2018
Yes the E200 MMCs displayed haven't changed, but some of the displays on the 2017-2018 NXWM Platinum E400 MMCs have different fonts to the 2015-2016 E400 MMCs. They both use Super X Displays I believe, but the newer platinum E400 MMCs have a slightly different font. It's noticeable where it uses the letter 'X' for Express/limited stop, and some words read better on the display.

Before at Yardley Wood Garage on routes 35, 37 & 50 it was noticeable that the number 5 was a little slanted and looked very unsettling to a perfectionist! I'm glad they've altered it now.

Reactions: trident4370
Yes the E200 MMCs displayed haven't changed, but some of the displays on the 2017-2018 NXWM Platinum E400 MMCs have different fonts to the 2015-2016 E400 MMCs. They both use Super X Displays I believe, but the newer platinum E400 MMCs have a slightly different font. It's noticeable where it uses the letter 'X' for Express/limited stop, and some words read better on the display.

The reason for that is because the gentleman who does the displays for YW/AG also updated the displays for the X1 & X2, to compliment the X12 displays when it was launched. It makes things as clear as possible for people visiting Birmingham at the airport who may not know which Platinum route is the fastest into Birmingham.

Reactions: Mikey
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread