Utility Software [Official DLC] Bus Company Simulator (£23.79) (1 Viewer)

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
Afaik the depot area is a smol MP arena, that's what the unreal engine bit is, if you select a job from that, it starts OMSI - basically it's a launcher. That's what I've got from it anyway. It does have a rather nice list of features if you look through the website.

Advertisement

Raymond Souster

Banned Member
Apr 28, 2017
Wow this is really cool , its like a virtual world for OMSI , Worth the money and definitely recommend it !
Just need more permission for model buses in the depot as quite a lot of the buses in the garage show a default generic bus rather then the actual bus eg: MAN SD92 will be a single decker saying (Permission not granted for this model to be shown) which is a shame as ruins the emersion quite abit

Advertisement

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
This honestly looks like a complete joke of an addon.

Firstly, the 3D elements look truly terrible in some places. The devs seem to think 'UE4 = Pretty no work', when that is simply not the case. Flat shaded bright coloured textures are abundant everywhere throughout, resulting in it looking more like a children's cartoon. The NPCs look absolutely abysmal. None of them look like real people, looks like they've been chosen from a stock pack of 'stupidest looking people' from the unity asset store. Finally, the bus that is meant to stand in for buses they couldn't get permission for looks like a completely slap dash job. The absolute least they could do was model a decent generic bus, considering you'd be paying £20, is that too much to ask?

The UI is looks awful, looks like something 11 year old me would've quickly put together in PowerPoint 2010. It's seriously embarrassing really. The progression thing really doesn't work with unlocking things in simulator games imo, you're driving buses, not training Pokémon!

It doesn't seem to be much more than AOD2 to me. You've got your minimap, your chat (which is meant to be multiplayer), your company, and your account, except with some poorly made 3D gimmick designed to drag people in. Also seems they've tried luring people in with the whole multiplayer, 3D etc, when behind all the stuff you don't at all need, it's just AOD2 essentially.

From what I've seen as well, the VBC thing doesn't seem very well thought out. Looks like they've pulled a train fever, and not allowed companies to play competitively. Maybe a future update for a feature which should've been there in the first place? Whoops.

But anyway, in conclusion, I seriously wouldn't recommend this, the whole thing just looks like a money grab to me, very poorly thought out and presented. But if you're prepared to look past all of these things, then hey, you've got a perfect game. Right?

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread