Maps [Official DLC] Hamburg Hafencity (£14.99) (1 Viewer)

Worth it or not?

• Total voters

Advertisement

Well, overall my impressions of the Addon are very positive, great bus, great scenary. However there are of course a few teething issues, namely AI issues (some No. 5's driving in the lane designated for cycles and disappearing constantly. The Volvo won't reverse, no matter what. For some reason there are now performance problems in the Hauptbahnof area, which isn't the case in previous versions. I am sure Darius will fix these things.

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
It will reverse, I have done it. What you have to do to actually coax it into actually engaging I have no idea, it's pot luck whether it'll actually go in... from my experience, pulling forward a little before trying again tends to help it, but obviously that's a little difficult if you're up against something solid.
While we're on the subject of going or not, the torque from the electric motor at low speeds is decidedly underwhelming, which is not what I'd expect from an electric motor. I have since tweaked the scripts and now it behaves a lot more like how I feel an electric drive-train should, although the rest probably warrants adjustment to match...

Advertisement

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
So as expected Hamburg Hafencity is a good add-on. The developer has put in a lot of work into the map and the buses.

Pros:
-The map comes with 4 routes, 2 new, two existing. The most exciting thing about these new routes are the variations that come with it, especially route 6.
-The map comes with two hybrid buses, both with stop-start technology implemented. A couple of great features implemented are the regenerative brakes and the onboard electric motor charging, whilst stationary.
-Various sites and beautiful landmarks, it's very interesting to see how the developer has managed to give a life like feel to all areas of the map. In comparison to some prior add-ons, the developer has certainly ensured that everywhere in the map is consistent! This of course is a great inspiration to me, with London.
-The quality of most buildings and crossings are really good

Improvements:
-Hybrid gearbox scripts : The implementation of the stop start is great, however I think the gear transmission for the add-on's buses is definitely wrong. The buses are using a modified Voith engine script, when infact the buses should use an iShift script. I know this could've easily been implemented as the London B5LH's use a modified version of Kyle Ortiz's iShift script.
-Sounds: Not sure on what to make of the engine sounds. The bus doesn't sound much like a Volvo B5LH/Volvo 7900H. I suspect the author recorded the engine whilst the bus was not stationary. As the bus is a payware vehicle, you want to ensure that engine sounds replicate it's real life version as close as possible.
-Bus Model: The bus model itself is a very nice model, however I think where Darius could improve is by modelling some of the detailings as opposed to having most of the detailing texture based.

Overall, Hamburg Hafencity is definitely an add-on to get, it's certainly worth the money and I'm sure that over time things should hopefully improve. No OMSI project is 100% perfect, however Darius has shown us all that even with a number of small flaws, an OMSI project which has had time and effort put in, really can be a lot of fun!

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
So as expected Hamburg Hafencity is a good add-on. The developer has put in a lot of work into the map and the buses.

Pros:
-The map comes with 4 routes, 2 new, two existing. The most exciting thing about these new routes are the variations that come with it, especially route 6.
-The map comes with two hybrid buses, both with stop-start technology implemented. A couple of great features implemented are the regenerative brakes and the onboard electric motor charging, whilst stationary.
-Various sites and beautiful landmarks, it's very interesting to see how the developer has managed to give a life like feel to all areas of the map. In comparison to some prior add-ons, the developer has certainly ensured that everywhere in the map is consistent! This of course is a great inspiration to me, with London.
-The quality of most buildings and crossings are really good

Improvements:
-Hybrid gearbox scripts : The implementation of the stop start is great, however I think the gear transmission for the add-on's buses is definitely wrong. The buses are using a modified Voith engine script, when infact the buses should use an iShift script. I know this could've easily been implemented as the London B5LH's use a modified version of Kyle Ortiz's iShift script.
-Sounds: Not sure on what to make of the engine sounds. The bus doesn't sound much like a Volvo B5LH/Volvo 7900H. I suspect the author recorded the engine whilst the bus was not stationary. As the bus is a payware vehicle, you want to ensure that engine sounds replicate it's real life version as close as possible.
-Bus Model: The bus model itself is a very nice model, however I think where Darius could improve is by modelling some of the detailings as opposed to having most of the detailing texture based.

Overall, Hamburg Hafencity is definitely an add-on to get, it's certainly worth the money and I'm sure that over time things should hopefully improve. No OMSI project is 100% perfect, however Darius has shown us all that even with a number of small flaws, an OMSI project which has had time and effort put in, really can be a lot of fun!

I totally agree with you there, Rhys.

(I'll make 2 things in one post to neaten up this thread ;) )

But is it just me that got 'Systemfehler Code: 8' and now whenever I get in the city centre, the tiles just go walkies? (by walkies I mean disappear xd)
I don't know how to fix this. I have googled 'OMSI 2 Systemfehler Code: 8' but they're only saying install the 4GB patch, which I done ages ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)

Lukeo

Content Creator
Jun 4, 2016
London
www.youtube.com
I totally agree with you there, Rhys.

(I'll make 2 things in one post to neaten up this thread ;) )

But is it just me that got 'Systemfehler Code: 8' and now whenever I get in the city centre, the tiles just go walkies? (by walkies I mean disappear xd)
I don't know how to fix this. I have googled 'OMSI 2 Systemfehler Code: 8' but they're only saying install the 4GB patch, which I done ages ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)
As you installed the 4GB patch ages ago, you may need to install it again as you have to every time OMSI is updated (I think so anyway - I had to reinstall it fairly recently).

Improvements:

The stop-start is definitely excellent, although in the real world I believe that, when the bus stops, the engine turns off only when there is enough charge in the battery to run in electric mode. The way the script works at the moment is actually akin the stop-start E400Hs. But it is good to see that someone finally crack it.

As for the gearbox script, I had a quick look at the script file and it is nothing like the i-Shift script in the 9900. It will be interesting to see how does yours work. Funny enough, I did my own modification to Kyle Ortiz's script for my own entertainment as well, as I thought that set of script works a bit differently to the i-Shift, mainly around gear selections, in the real world.

Reactions: Rhys

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
The stop-start is definitely excellent, although in the real world I believe that, when the bus stops, the engine turns off only when there is enough charge in the battery to run in electric mode. The way the script works at the moment is actually akin the stop-start E400Hs. But it is good to see that someone finally crack it.

As for the gearbox script, I had a quick look at the script file and it is nothing like the i-Shift script in the 9900. It will be interesting to see how does yours work. Funny enough, I did my own modification to Kyle Ortiz's script for my own entertainment as well, as I thought that set of script works a bit differently to the i-Shift, mainly around gear selections, in the real world.
Are you allowed to edit his script? Did he give you permission?

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Are you allowed to edit his script? Did he give you permission?
You can make private edits to customise things for yourself.

You are also able to modify the scripts, and re-release them for free, providing credit is given and there are no restrictions to do so. Look at the C400R for example. There are various mods available from here. Not all of them needed permission from the team and I. I don’t see it as a big deal. I wouldn’t try to police everything too tough, leave that to us :tongueout:

Indeed, you’re right, it is regenerating things more like a E40H. I did tweak my scripts, privately, on the 7900H to charge a lot more realistically when slowing down.

But yeah, hopefully we’re able to implement something with a similar concept into our iShift scripts and serial hybrid scripts, Road-hog seems to be the person who most likely will do it for the London vehicles

Reactions: Planesandbuses

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
@Jordan Joyce make sure you've got both Light maps and Night maps enabled in the settings:
upload_2017-10-21_13-59-59.png

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
You can make private edits to customise things for yourself.

You are also able to modify the scripts, and re-release them for free, providing credit is given and there are no restrictions to do so. Look at the C400R for example. There are various mods available from here. Not all of them needed permission from the team and I. I don’t see it as a big deal. I wouldn’t try to police everything too tough, leave that to us :tongueout:

Indeed, you’re right, it is regenerating things more like a E40H. I did tweak my scripts, privately, on the 7900H to charge a lot more realistically when slowing down.

But yeah, hopefully we’re able to implement something with a similar concept into our iShift scripts and serial hybrid scripts, Road-hog seems to be the person who most likely will do it for the London vehicles

I wasn't backseat moderating :P. I was just asking if you were allowed to as I was wondering if I was able to have a go. :P (Sorry if you take this in a mean way, I adore your work Rhys) :)

Advertisement

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread