1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. File Uploads are Temporarily Restricted to Smaller File Sizes
    While we complete the final stages of our migration, we require Fellowsfilm to be operating without large file uploads - ETA TBD.

Maps [Official DLC] London (NO RELEASE DATE YET)

Discussion in 'Work In Progress' started by Rhys, Mar 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhys

Rhys The Cool Guy! Moderator UKDT

Hey All,
    Decided that I'm going to post most Aussiex updates on here, the aussiex page will be updated from time to time, however I think it will be better to support the UKDT. Big thanks to Whistlehead for introducing to this forum, loving the format!

Been working away at the project and I have about 80% of roads in the game, 10/11 bus routes have been timetabled already and the main focus on the next month is improving the quality from the beta and developing the buses and scenery.

EDIT (whistlehead): Moved to the right forum section.
    For those who don't know (doubt there's many) this is a payware addon in development which Rhys here has been working on for some time, and which will include a number of real routes and buses from London :)

Facebook page: OMSI 2 Add-On London | Facebook
    FAQ: LondonFAQ_WH.docx - Microsoft Word Online

(Hope you don't mind me editing your post :tongueout: )

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2016
  2. Fellowslothb

Fellowslothb Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios Administrator UKDT

I have to say, this is starting to look amazing! Great work!

henryhoward14 likes this.
  3. whistlehead

whistlehead Alias Mr Hackenbacker Moderation Team Leader UKDT

Sorry I had to edit your post :tongueout: I've been learning how to be a moderator the hard way today...

Welcome to the forums! We promise we won't delete your WIP thread after a month ;)

The new areas are looking great!

4. Rhys

Cheers Lads, really appreciate it

whistlehead likes this.
  5. Rhys

So we have conductors that have been employed on the NRMs, the conductor is a rextured version of man_01

also wanted to make sure the timetables were easy to view whilst driving, so I've put them above the ticket machine, I see many drivers having it there IRL. :)  

View attachment 117

View attachment 118

henryhoward14, Tom, SHARD and 5 others like this.
  6. Zeliux

Zeliux New Member

Looking good! Though, I think the "DO NOT RUN EARLY" message might be a bit weird? Could've added it on a manual to learning to drive? #justsayin

7. Crash4044

Crash4044 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2016
  8. Rhys

Thanks, however it does say Do not run early on real life duty cards. :)

Haha omg

---------------------------------------

Update 03/04/2016

The famous junction in the heart of London, Oxford Circus. Developed the crossing about 2 weeks ago, The buildings took forever to texture as there were so many faces!

Oxford Circus is the northern terminus for Routes 3 (Before January 2015), 12 and N3.

Note; Route 3 is withdrawn between Piccadilly Circus (Regent Street) and Oxford Circus due to roadworks. This has been ongoing since Jan 17th 2015.

I've used a few street details from the UKDT. I think I may use some of their streetsigns (with permission of course), as its pretty generic across most of the UK and it adds a nice touch as well as reducing my workload.

View attachment 219

View attachment 220

View attachment 221

View attachment 222

Tom, FG49, Crash4044 and 6 others like this.
  9. Rhys

henryhoward14, Tom, FG49 and 4 others like this.
  10. BlueOrange

BlueOrange Junior UKDT

I want that E400! Great work as always

henryhoward14 and Rhys like this.
  11. Crash4044

Crash4044 New Member

This will be my first ever paid DLC for OMSI. Can't wait. :)

12. Tom

Tom Forums Manager Administrator

I'm loving that E400! Looking forward to this map more and more as I see new updates :tongueout:

Rhys likes this.
  13. Rhys

Camberwell Green and Camberwell and Walworth Garage,

Camberwell is a town based within South-East London, an interesting thing about Camberwell is that you most likely will start your driving duties there.

Two bus garages are located in Camberwell, Go-Ahead's Camberwell and Abellio's Walworth which are across the road fom each other.

Camberwell Garage is Go-Ahead's biggest garage across its whole franchise and holds around 218 buses which operate on several different routes. Most Go-Ahead routes in the map are ran from here.

Abellio's Walworth is home to the 415. However as I wont be including Battersea garage, Walworth is also the home for the 3/159/N3.

*Note: Please dont mind the static NBfL's white textures, it was due to me upgrading the windows on the driveable version. Will correct it soon.

HQ Version: https://www.flickr.com/photos/110036769@N03/?

View attachment 306

View attachment 307

View attachment 308

View attachment 309

View attachment 310

View attachment 311

View attachment 312

View attachment 313

View attachment 314

View attachment 315

14. Rhys

Now that the focus is off route 12, I'll like to show off a new area,

West Norwood Part1:

Norwood Bus Garage,

Norwood Bus Garage is the second Arriva London Garage in the map and operates bonus route 133 and N2 in the map as well as 6 extra buses on Route 59.

Route 2 is currently an AI Route but will be made into a driveable route after the release of the add on, once I've developed beyond Brixton.

Route 68 terminates outside the facility on Ernest Avenue owing to it being a Go-Ahead Route, 10 years ago today, this wouldn't be the case as it was with Arriva.

Route 68 is a route which I have grown up with and I find particularly interesting. Without the 68, we wouldn't have the "68 group" which consists of 4 London Bus Routes, route 68, 468, X68, N68, which all follow along the West Norwood to Elephant & Castle Corridor. In order to bring more variety to the map, I've added Routes N68/X68 in as two bonus routes.

Route X68 has the most interesting timetable, it only operates in one direction on weekdays pending on whether its morning or evening. The route operates between West Norwood and Russell Square in the game and runs non stop from West Norwood to Waterloo.

Additional Improvements: 

-The Brick Wall Texture has been changed to something more realistic

-E400H has had quite a few improvements, window seals have been completely redone, more work on the interior, the tree deflectors are now the right dimension, and the E400H is a now a static bus as well, offering more variety for UK users.

Note: Bonus Routes are routes which have been added in as I go along but do not have their full routeing.

View attachment 350

View attachment 351

View attachment 352

View attachment 353

View attachment 354

View attachment 355

View attachment 356

View attachment 358

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2016
  15. Fellowslothb

Fellowslothb Founder of Fellowsfilm Studios Administrator UKDT

Looking good!

16. Planesandbuses

Planesandbuses Active Member

Its all looking so nice and simply said like London. One thing I would suggest (assuming you haven't already done this) is if you will add sound recordings to give the map a real feel, for example the hustle and bustle of trading going on in the E&C  and Brixton markets, the chimes of Big Ben to add a few. BTW the E400H is looking really nice, can't wait to thrash that and the standard E400 up and down London.  :D

Rhys likes this.
  17. JackMcArdle

JackMcArdle New Member

Hello, screenshots are looking extremely good and I am looking forward to this very much. 

Could you give me a list of all of the routes that will be released with the pay ware add on and how they are? I understand if you would like to keep this information disclosed.

Many thanks,

Jack

Rhys likes this.
  18. ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation

ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation A Custard Cream

Looks great but I'd say the E400H still needs a bit of work done at the back, and at the top at the front could possibly be more rounded? It currently looks kinda Hong Kongey at the front. Other than that it looks completely awesome!! 

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2016
    Rhys likes this.
  19. Rhys

thanks!

Thanks, and thats a pretty great idea, think I may spend time doing that this week, came to the end of my contract at my job yesterday,

so I have a bit more time on my hands for OMSI stuff.

Hey, the routes are:

3 - Crystal Palace to Oxford Circus

12- Dulwich Library to Oxford Circus

59 - Brixton Garage- King's X

68- West Nowood to Euston

159 Streatham - Marble Arch

415 - Tulse Hill Stn - Old Kent Rd

432 - Anerley Station - Brixton

453 - Marylebone to Old Kent Road

N3 - Penge, Pawleyne Arms to Oxford Circus

Bonus Routes:

133 - Streatham - Elephant & Castle

168 - Old Kent Road - Euston

171 - Peckham - Holborn

X68- West Norwood to Russell Square

N68 - West Norwood to Holborn

N2 - Brixton to Crystal Palace via West Norwood

Driver Instruction Routes for all Routes

Rail Replacements

Thanks, the back will have the Enviro400 name engraved, but apart from that, not much else will change as of course its built to the Euro 6 E40H spec, the diesel variant will be slightly different and more recognizable to most. But yes, thanks for the feedback, been working on the front to make it a bit less round as it was too rounded at first. Been using UKBUS6017 as a reference :tongueout:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2016
  20. Rhys

Closer cab shot, still needs a few stuff in order for me to be satisified, but the cab switches are now animated. The speedometer needle now needs to be added and the blinker/wiper control as well as a panic alarm, also need to animate the drivers window. Also going to add a photo texture to the steering wheel to add a bit more realism  :)

View attachment 439

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.