Maps [Official DLC] Metropole Ruhr (£26.99) (2 Viewers)

Any good?

• Total voters

Advertisement

Oct 30, 2016
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Pronouns
He/Him
Hmmm
Three quid cheaper than Gladbeck (26.99 vs 29.99), more lines, comes with a brand new bus (Urbino 4th Gen) but another Citaro :mad:.
Overall I think it's gonna be one of those crap DLCs (along with Majorca/Mallorca and Gladbeck), and I would say I'd buy it for the 4th Gen Urbino, but I am not paying £27 just for the bus.

Hmmm
Three quid cheaper than Gladbeck (26.99 vs 29.99), more lines, comes with a brand new bus (Urbino 4th Gen) but another Citaro :mad:.
Overall I think it's gonna be one of those crap DLCs (along with Majorca/Mallorca and Gladbeck), and I would say I'd buy it for the 4th Gen Urbino, but I am not paying £27 just for the bus.
Knowing him, I'd guess the Citaro is suspiciously similar to the Mallorca one...

As a maths student, I'll put it this way. The size of Kevin's work doesn't seem to be proportional to its quality. Its all poor quality.
On another note, that Urbino looks pretty poor as well.

Advertisement

ROBLOX Bus Simulators

Founder of TMT and Project Merseyside
Jun 18, 2017
Liverpool
The only thing that sounds interesting is the replacement bus services, but they're in other freeware maps, so I don't want to waist my money on something as bad as the streetlite. (Idk why I said streetlite, I couldn't think of anything else. If you do like streetlites, then I'm sorry. :P)

Rhys

Add-on London Team
Mar 20, 2016
Knowing him, I'd guess the Citaro is suspiciously similar to the Mallorca one...

As a maths student, I'll put it this way. The size of Kevin's work doesn't seem to be proportional to its quality. Its all poor quality.
On another note, that Urbino looks pretty poor as well.
I believe his Citaro is from the previous version of Gladbeck, the bus is a modified C2 made by Darius Bode, the developer of Hamburg. Kevin, at present, is the only DLC creator that does not develop his own vehicles. Which is okay, I guess. But his maps never tend to match the quality of the vehicles. Now as a DLC creator myself, with a DLC £2 cheaper than Ruhr, I know that the public expect a payware product to be a good value for money.

Where Kevin has gone wrong, once again, is that he’s gone for a bigger map and has rushed its development. Although we OMSI users want variety, we also want something that is both stable and of decent quality. Many freeware maps already now cover those fields. Now, in my personal opinion, I believe that Kevin should’ve spent a bit more time finessing his work. I believe there shouldn’t be a rush to get an OMSI project out. The more you rush things, the more your flaws your project has. It’s a big shame that this project is once again another let down, and Kevin has failed to heed any lessons from his past projects.

Going forward, Kevin is most likely going to release future DLCs. Like me, he’s under a 5 year distribution deal from when the first project is released. If Kevin takes onboard feedback, listens to users, and is open to expanding his skill set and knowledge, I’m sure he’ll be able to improve. My best advice to him would be to shelf anything Gladbeck related, as the original map was created more than several years ago, A map with 3000+ tiles, in its current state, would take years to salvage. It also has seen very little change to the existing areas from it’s OMSI 1 days. It would be best for him to just start a new project, where the majority of things are modelled from scratch and a lot more time is put into his developments before he puts it out.

No OMSI project is 100% perfect. But we do want to see developers, especially payware developers, at least make a great effort.

*disclaimer*- I personally did not invest in the add-on, and based my opinions and views off gameplay screenshots and videos I’ve seen.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread