Maps [Official DLC] Mallorca (£26.99) (1 Viewer)

D

DVA_MEKA18

Just browsing steam and saw this

My First impression is 37 lines is alot and another Citaro by the looks of it
and it mentions Gladbeck so maybe good maybe bad
Also what your opinions on this new addon coming out on the 15th?
6f56ccd8fb955fdc512b095fd482ee61.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: FD&CO

Advertisement

Onionwolf

Master of the Bodge
Jan 18, 2016
It's gonna be avoiding this DLC for me. It looks good but the splines and the crossings look like Simplestreets, and the texture quality on some of the buildings look quite poor. Also what is included is another Citaro which we have plenty to play around at the moment. Kevin might have improved but it's still freeware quality they are plenty of other DLCs I would rather spend my cash on than Mallorca.

Oct 24, 2016
Cymru
I don't think its fair to slam it before its been released, I get that Gladbeck was a huge disappointment for a lot of people due to the quality and this might put people off.

Might just be me but if I'm on the fence or unsure I tend to wait to see what others think of a product and base my decision from reviews in the first few weeks, of course I didn't buy Gladbeck as when I came around to it - the reviews where highly negative so I didn't experience the disappointment.

Personally on this occasion I will probably give it a miss overall, but for other reasons.

Reactions: Lukeo

Advertisement

D

Deleted member 422

For anyone who is wondering why people are slagging it off...

I don't know if you have but watch the streams, but although the quality has improved slightly compared to Kevin's last map Gladbevk. This time around, it may actually be finished (unlike Gladbeck) but it is still of the low to middle quality freeware product, and at no possible extent, will it ever class as payware. To be honest, I am not sure how this ever got accepted, or Gladbeck for that matter, by Aerosoft. The fact it is also containing 37 bus routes, does not help matter either. No way can you spend 6 months on a map, with 37 bus routes and expect it to be high quality. Look at our own examples: Rhys has taken two years to produce just 14 bus routes, and most of them are not in their entirety.

By the release of Gladbeck, Kevin got himself a reputation. Unless this is something special, I don't think he will ever overcome that :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Jacobthebus

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
I've been watching the streams for this. It's a slight improvement over Gladbeck in that they're actually bothering to make custom objects, but the model quality and particularly the road surface textures are just terrible. It certainly won't be worth it for the bus, because Alterr's Citaro covers all the options you could possibly want at quality levels which would be difficut to surpass.

I'm waiting to see what the excuse is for the inevitable inclusion of the default voice pack... Lots of German tourists, maybe? :P

Reactions: Deleted member 422
For anyone who is wondering why people are slagging it off...

I don't know if you have but watch the streams, but although the quality has improved slightly compared to Kevin's last map Gladbevk. This time around, it may actually be finished (unlike Gladbeck) but it is still of the low to middle quality freeware product, and at no possible extent, will it ever class as payware. To be honest, I am not sure how this ever got accepted, or Gladbeck for that matter, by Aerosoft. The fact it is also containing 37 bus routes, does not help matter either. No way can you spend 6 months on a map, with 37 bus routes and expect it to be high quality. Look at our own examples: Rhys has taken over a year to produce just 18 bus routes, and most of them are not in their entirety.

By the release of Gladbeck, Kevin got himself a reputation. Unless this is something special, I don't think he will ever overcome that :(

I've been watching the streams for this. It's a slight improvement over Gladbeck in that they're actually bothering to make custom objects, but the model quality and particularly the road surface textures are just terrible. It certainly won't be worth it for the bus, because Alterr's Citaro covers all the options you could possibly want at quality levels which would be difficut to surpass.

I'm waiting to see what the excuse is for the inevitable inclusion of the default voice pack... Lots of German tourists, maybe? :tongueout:
Wait till we find out what price they want for this lol and yeah as you have said i have Morphis freeware sounds mods and etc which will properly never stop getting updates so i mean the cab looks diffrent ish but IDK

Advertisement

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I don't want my channel full of negative attack videos, so I won't be doing this.

But from what I can see, it looks like they've learned some lessons - it looks like they're chopping up splines to keep the polycount down, but have gone waaaay too far with it. For example with the roundabout, why not make an object? Also, the chopped curves look very jerky, like they've split the splines by hand, rather than using maths.

However, there's still not the professional finish you ought to expect from a payware product - they've still not figured out how to make the grass verge splines the same texture as the terrain, for example.

It looks like they've gone for gimmicky features rather than a solid foundation again.

Advertisement

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread