1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. File Uploads are Temporarily Restricted to Smaller File Sizes
    While we complete the final stages of our migration, we require Fellowsfilm to be operating without large file uploads - ETA TBD.

[OMSI 2] Cotterell

Discussion in 'Projects' started by whistlehead, Mar 19, 2016.

1. sunny2807

sunny2807 Junior Moderator

Thanks mate  ^_^

2. Toucan

Toucan Trying to make more omsi stuff, ETA 27/05/2100

No Problem :)  

3. iMarkeh

iMarkeh UK Omsi Magazine Founder

Do we have any update on to Cotterell patch? I really like Cotterell but there are a few bugs.

4. Road-hog123

Road-hog123 Has 1 A-Level exam to sit Moderation Team Leader UKDT

@iMarkeh, any particular bugs you want to see fixed quickly?

5. iMarkeh

Exessive cars and the pedestrians near the bus station. Also the floating streetlight that I reported to Whistlehead. I cant think of anything else off the top of my head but I think quite a few bugs were found.

6. Road-hog123

Map fixes are awaiting me finishing off and officially releasing my updated objects pack as there's some changes that need to be made relating to it. I'll be fixing the junctions with issues (disappearing cars, too many peds (and the traffic issues they cause), bad phases, etc.), fixing random other little bugs and culling some polygons in the pavillion area before handing it back to the rest of the UKDT if they want to tweak anything. In the meantime, I've fixed a couple quite major things. :)

7. sunny2807

I've installed the latest patch and I just fell through the ground in the street leading to the park (just after the lights) while driving from the uni. Is it just me or is it actually an issue?

8. Road-hog123

If you installed the mini-fix then it shouldn't be possible because I changed a single tag in a sceneryobject and changed the HOF file. I've just tested my copy of the full download and it seems to be fine, so probably just Omsi being Omsi. :)

9. sunny2807

Probably yes  xD

I'll try it out again tomorrow just to be sure  :)

10. ross4122

ross4122 Clippie Veg Junior UKDT

The excessive pedestrians at the Bus Station kinda need fixed... I ended up 10 mins late yesterday (after waiting to get out of the Railway Station bus stop), then into the Layover bay, out of that didn't take too long, then the AI wouldn't budge until the pedestrians did...

11. Road-hog123

Yes, that junction is one of the ones that is going to be adjusted, as are the levels of pedestrians around it. After there being too few pedestrians there, I rather overdid it... :/

12. iomex

iomex UKDT

The amount of pedestrians isn't an issue so long as they have somewhere to walk to. 

13. iMarkeh

I regularly turn into the bus station the wrong way and u-turn then enter the stand.

14. ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation

ALX400 Bus Train &Aviation A Custard Cream

Before turning onto Manvers Street by the rail station, cars barely move when the lights are green. Or red.

15. BusRonz

BusRonz Member

Is this a known bug by the bathwick hill stop or is it OMSI being OMSI   

View attachment 2109

16. PMain

PMain New Member

I can't get the IBIS to work. I've typed 1801 and 1802 into the computer but I get "Bad Destination" reading. When I try to do it manual through OMSI drop down list Cotterell isn't even mentioned - just a few Hong Kong destinations plus Farthington and BotW. Have I got the wrong hof file?

17. Road-hog123

It is known and will be fixed in the major patch. :)

Did you make sure to have the "Cotterell.hof" file in the folder for the bus you are using and to select "Cotterell" when spawning in the bus?

18. PMain

PMain New Member

Yes I have Cotterell hof loaded and can drive the route without passengers and even get the timetable report at the end but I can't get the destination display on the bus as Cotterell isn't in the dropdown list

19. ross4122

ross4122 Clippie Veg Junior UKDT

You need to put the Cotterell.hof file into the selected bus of your choice. So if you're driving the Gemini 2, you have to locate the Cotterell.hof file on your computer and copy and paste it in to the Volvo B9TL Gemini2 folder in OMSI 2\Vehicles. The same goes for any other bus of your choice.

I am sure that the hof file is already in the Volvo B9TL folder in the download/extraction process, however @Road-hog123 may be able to clarify?

20. Lewis Hunter

Lewis Hunter New Member

Nothing to do with the topic of missing textures but I love cotterell and I have been driving on it all morning! I love the way you can make maps in an instant, and simply how detailed they are! You are doing such a good job the way you are doing. The bus routes which you are doing are situated in the south west, arent they? And I come from the North East. A lot of bus routes in the north east are quite different to the ones that ive seen in your maps, like the 97 from Newcastle to the metrocentre. These routes are not simple and go through main roads, but instead go around housing estates on the way. I'd love to see this in Cotterell where there is one more route, which goes from the city centre of Cotterell and through a couple of housing estates and end up in a location which is a hopsital or a shopping mall. That would be great! For example, where the bus comes onto that big stretch of road which is wide from the roundabout toward the city centre, the bus turns left toward the city centre. It'd be good to have a service turn right for example, and continue along for a bit before turning right. Once it turns right, it goes around a housing estate and comes out near the primary school on the big bank. Then it could go down bathwick hill untill it reaches the smaller roundabout and turns right and heads through there and gets to a shopping centre, along a high street or something like that. Dont get me wrong your maps are absolutely brilliant, outstanding infact, I'd just like to see a little more variety in the bus lines. To see what i mean, take a look at the 97 timetable from Go North East from Newcastle to Metrocentre.