OMSI 2 will not start (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTDriver0429

Another StreetDeck decapitated by Diamond...
Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
hi!! i have been having a problem with omsi as when i press play it starts as background but then won't actually start i am trying to veer away from reinstalling but i have reached a dead end so please can i have some help?? i have restarted steam and my computer and the internet but nothing works!! can someone help PLEASE??

Advertisement

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
Yes I have it only recorded when I played yesterday now the game just opens in the background and then just stops by as I say the log file only recorded when I played yesterday I do have the older patch because I drive the trams but when I tried to update it it just gave me an error message.. help please I can’t even update omsi I tried a different game on steam and it worked it’s just OMSI please help me

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I tried verifying the integrity and reinstalled 609 files and it finished an hour ago so i tried to launch and i got this error message!!

image.jpg

Advertisement

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
I think you've got to the point where you need to reinstall, sorry. You can always make a copy of your maps, vehicles and scenery etc folders to reduce hassle of putting addons back in.

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
I think you've got to the point where you need to reinstall, sorry. You can always make a copy of your maps, vehicles and scenery etc folders to reduce hassle of putting addons back in.
Been there done that sorry but it didn't work when i opened up some older versions it told me that system files were missing or damaged i reinstalled and it kept my old directory not sure if i should reinstall but delete the directory this time

D

Deleted member 2523

just a try but maybe delete the file that is broken (d3d9.dll) and reinstall the game after that. there's a chance that after it redownloads the corrupt file it'll launch again. no guarantees but its a try

PTDriver0429

Feb 19, 2017
West Midlands, UK
just a try but maybe delete the file that is broken (d3d9.dll) and reinstall the game after that. there's a chance that after it redownloads the corrupt file it'll launch again. no guarantees but its a try
Yes but it’s about 50 files that are broken I think my omsi is just broken but I am going to try reinstalling and then deleting the directory and then reinstalling I have already backed up my files

Advertisement

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread