[POLL] What kind of route do you want to drive? (1 Viewer)

What kind of route would you like to drive?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

I think at the moment there is a really lack of a proper RHD Urban map i mean Cotterell is the only one i can think of but even then its not the kind of thing i would class as a City route ( More really a shuttle service in my mind). There seems to just be a mass of Intercity-ish and Rural routes so i think its about time it was evened out.  @joe_alker the E500's in Aberdeeen are much more manoeuvrable than all the other types in the fleet.  Too add to that there is a real lack of Frequent routes etc.  Once V1 of Aberdeen is out i hope it will change that but what would be even better is if another city style map to a decent quality was Available soon-ish too.  

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
I think the issue is, is that cities and urban areas take so long to build. Making individual gardens, driveways and paths for each individual house takes a hell lot longer than modelling a car park for a block of council flats, a supermarket and a park and ride.

Last edited by a moderator:

iomex

UKDT
Dec 10, 2015
I would like to create a set of pre-fabricated gardens at some point to speed up the building of suburban areas, but my forté is urban road structure. I find it fascinating to solve all the problems of how to get lanes to work with each other, how to get roads from point A to point B in this particular space, etc.

I doubt Plymouth will be realistic, it'd be more like BotW as it is where it's loosely 'themed', as I really want to create a BRT line and some other fun stuff

Mar 21, 2016
York
Inter-urban (driving between towns and through villages) 840, X40, 843, X45, 845

Rural (narrow back roads, small villages, open countryside)  840, X40 843, X45, 845

843, X45, 845

Leeds Bus Station, Seacroft and then A64 to  Tadcaster A64 to Copmanthorpe, York City Centre, Stockton on the Forest, A64 pass villages Flaxton Moor, Barton Hill, Whitwell On the Hill, Crambeck Village, High Hutton and Musley Bank  Then Turn Off into Malton Bus & Railway Station Small Town, When leaving Bus Station in Malton Turn Left as 843, X45, 845 , You Can Turn left Into Norton Small Town Malton & Norton are the Same Town  On you Back Onto A64  and Turn Right into Scagglethorpe Turn Around and Back on A64 turn Right Towards Scarborough & Bridlington.  Straight Run With Villages, Rillington,  West Heslerton & East Heslerton Sherburne, Willerby & Flaxton.   When get to Flaxton Roundabout, Turn Left As 843 to Seamer Small Village then Scarborough, Railway Station then Peasholme Green Scarborough. Turn Right as 845 or X45 to Country Roads Muston then Filey then Bridlington Via Holiday Camps Primrose Valley and Reighton Sands, then Country Road call A165 into Bridlington Bus Station.

840 X40

When leaving Bus Station in Malton As turn Right yo go on Back towards York, you Turn right into Right onto Old Malton after Bus Station as you Come in from Leeds Etc.. to Edam Camp, Flamingo Land Kirby Misperton, Black Bull Inn, Pickering Show Ground,  Pickering, Thornton Dale, and then Country Roads, Ellerburn, Dalby Forest, Lockton, Saltergate, Into Goathland,  Blue Bank Hill Very Steep 30% Down hill and up Hill coming or into sleights, Ruswrap then into Whitby.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Inter-urban (driving between towns and through villages) 840, X40, 843, X45, 845

Rural (narrow back roads, small villages, open countryside)  840, X40 843, X45, 845

843, X45, 845

Leeds Bus Station, Seacroft and then A64 to  Tadcaster A64 to Copmanthorpe, York City Centre, Stockton on the Forest, A64 pass villages Flaxton Moor, Barton Hill, Whitwell On the Hill, Crambeck Village, High Hutton and Musley Bank  Then Turn Off into Malton Bus & Railway Station Small Town, When leaving Bus Station in Malton Turn Left as 843, X45, 845 , You Can Turn left Into Norton Small Town Malton & Norton are the Same Town  On you Back Onto A64  and Turn Right into Scagglethorpe Turn Around and Back on A64 turn Right Towards Scarborough & Bridlington.  Straight Run With Villages, Rillington,  West Heslerton & East Heslerton Sherburne, Willerby & Flaxton.   When get to Flaxton Roundabout, Turn Left As 843 to Seamer Small Village then Scarborough, Railway Station then Peasholme Green Scarborough. Turn Right as 845 or X45 to Country Roads Muston then Filey then Bridlington Via Holiday Camps Primrose Valley and Reighton Sands, then Country Road call A165 into Bridlington Bus Station.

840 X40

When leaving Bus Station in Malton As turn Right yo go on Back towards York, you Turn right into Right onto Old Malton after Bus Station as you Come in from Leeds Etc.. to Edam Camp, Flamingo Land Kirby Misperton, Black Bull Inn, Pickering Show Ground,  Pickering, Thornton Dale, and then Country Roads, Ellerburn, Dalby Forest, Lockton, Saltergate, Into Goathland,  Blue Bank Hill Very Steep 30% Down hill and up Hill coming or into sleights, Ruswrap then into Whitby.

Thanks for your suggestions, they're very comprehensive, but that's not what we're after - you can vote in the poll above to choose what kind of route you would like to see, and we'll use that as guidance for how we make our maps, we aren't looking for specific routes or locations.

Reactions: daned89

Advertisement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread