Maps Republic of Kendin (1 Viewer)

Teaser_RepublicOfKendin.png

INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone! I know I've kinda left the Project Vorai map hanging (I just haven't had the motivation to work on it). I thought I'd treat everyone to a partial reboot of my first big project: Gatterville. This map currently is a modified update based on Gatterville 3 (Which I released back in 2015, only for DropBox to delete the account I used for it because I let it sit for 3 months) but I've made some changes:
  • Used Project Vorai streets to convert the map to left-path/RHD
  • Renamed a few areas (Loyvan --> North District, etc.)
  • Added some routes and changed others.
  • I've taken some feedback on the maps and have changed my approach for custom bus depots and interchanges. No more will you see grass holes in the roads.
  • Gatterville Reimagined will be updated differently to previous versions of Gatterville. More details regarding this will be provided as the end of the year gets closer.
Routes
500 | North District <> Saldanin Falls
525 | Tendale <> Eistafuen <> Tendale (loop)
527 | Eistafuen <> Gatterville <> North District <> Mt Tanonvaide
546 | North District <> Gatterville <> Eistafuen <> Denvorie
551 | North District <> Mt Tanonvaide
555 | Gatterville <> North District
556 | Gatterville <> Eistafuen

560 | Eistafuen <> North District
570 | Eistafuen <> Gatterville <> Gavyndorf <> North District <> Tendale
580 | Eistafuen South <> North District <> Gavyndorf
590 | Eistafuen South <> Gatterville <> North District
520 | Eistafuen <> Gatterville <> Gavyndorf <> Whanroe East

Express Routes
X20 | Eistafuen <> Tendale
X25 | Eistafuen South <> Mt Tanonvaide
X40 | Gavyndorf <> North District <> Mt Tanonvaide
X45 | Gavyndorf <> Gatterville <> Eistafuen <> Gavyndorf (loop)
X48 | Eistafuen South <> Eistafuen <> Denvorie
X50 | Eistafuen <> Gavyndorf

Alternate update source: https://www.opilga.com/gatterville-reimagined.html

Last edited:

Craig Robach

Add-on Map Developer
Oct 29, 2016
Australia
www.opilga.com
I've done a fair few minor changes but the big changes would be the streets, the new bus depot and the interchanges. The previous depots at Gatterville, Eistafuen and Mt Tanonvaide are long gone now. This is one of the two depots that will be in the first stage of this add-on.
Screenshots:
Spoondale Depot
Screenshot (8).png

Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png

Eistafuen bus interchange
Screenshot (11).png

Gatterville Bus Interchange
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png

Miscellaneous Intersections and bus stops
Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (20).png

Gatterville University
Screenshot (17).png
Screenshot (18).png

1535945837305.png
Screenshot (8).png
Screenshot (9).png
Screenshot (10).png
Screenshot (11).png
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png
Screenshot (14).png
Screenshot (15).png
Screenshot (16).png
Screenshot (20).png
Screenshot (17).png
Screenshot (18).png

North District Interchange
Screenshot (19).png

Last of all of them: Loyvillia Loop. It was originally supposed to be the CSK Transport HQ in earlier versions of Gatterville (version 2) but I never really used it.
Screenshot (21).png

Last edited:

Advertisement

Craig Robach

Add-on Map Developer
Oct 29, 2016
Australia
www.opilga.com
What I've been focused on lately is recreating the bus routes after the road change. Sorry to disappoint those hoping for screenshots. It'll be a while before there are any changes worthy of screenshots.

The routes I've completed are route 555 and 556 (the latter of which wasn't in the original map).

In the meantime, I've actually been at work on another project in which this add-on will be tightly integrated when it's finished.

OMSI 2 Content Manager
Capture.PNG

I've been mostly sharing the progress on discord but I see no reason not to also publish it here.

Installer to match:
Installer1.PNG
Installer2.PNG
Installer3.PNG

This extra project will be released under the GNU GPLv3 license (meaning, you'll be able to download the source code and do whatever you wish with it (as long as you also release the source code for your changes).

Craig Robach

Add-on Map Developer
Oct 29, 2016
Australia
www.opilga.com
Update regarding the stage numbers: I've decided to dump them because I've been wanting to expand parts of the map but the first stage prevented me from doing so. I've now reordered the routes so they are now in numerical order. Obviously, not all of them will end up released right away.

Green routes are ones I've completed.

Advertisement

Craig Robach

Add-on Map Developer
Oct 29, 2016
Australia
www.opilga.com
Hello. Anyone interested in helping sync this progress thread with the one on my personal site, please let me know. I tend to post some updates on the discord server with bigger updates getting a reply on the threads. It's a fair bit of work to maintain the two nearly-identical threads on two different sites.

One more thing I forgot to add: as Gatterville is only a rather small part of the map, I've rebranded it as Republic of Kendin.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewHarrison49

Craig Robach

Add-on Map Developer
Oct 29, 2016
Australia
www.opilga.com
Screenshot (9).jpg

Hello. It's been quite a while. I managed to get snow textures working but does anyone know how to get rain reflections on the road (the one you see to the right is part of Terrain Splines)? I checked the .sli files and the texture configuration files but I couldn't figure out what they did differently to get reflections.

All help with this is greatly appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread