Serious bus accident in Hong Kong on 10th Feb (1 Viewer)

May 22, 2016
Hong Kong
Pronouns
He/Him
This accident involves a KMB Volvo B10TL/Wright Gemini 1 body.Salute to all emergency units that helped out, and my heart goes to the people that are affected by this accident.

bdb2826e4d6ef74e58518a764881e34c

27867360_1588807934490235_1579217198108976687_n.jpg

(photo credits goes to plaxtonl's Bus Page and Yahoo Hong Kong)

News from BBC

Giving reactions such as "like" or "funny" is not encouraged as we should give respect to the victims

Last edited:

Advertisement

I've never had an issue with driving standards on Hong Kong buses, 'cept the "Public Light Bus" obviously
well on the Hong Kong news i frequently see bus crashes, not normally severe but it's normally just things like on the motorway where there's lots of traffic and one bus has hit another from behind with enough force to shatter the front windows. But when i travel from the new territories back down to Hong Kong island or a bus from Stanley i feel nauseous. But i guess the minibuses are worse as sometimes i'm actually scared when riding them.

Street cleaner
Forum Moderator
FF Council
UKDT
Premium Subscriber
Oct 24, 2016
Well that goes for any large passenger carrying vehicle, I mean on that basis we should all drive MX-5s (we actually should, they're awesome, but I digress and plug). London is just as bad for incidents that shatter the front windowd, I've lost track of the number of NRMs that have ploughed in to something. I think the Hong Kong accident rate is probably relatively low, it's just they run so many buses and there's a fair bit of high speed running and tight countryside roads (i.e. Stanley Bay)

For comparison TfL has around 9500 buses under contract, whereas Hong Kong's major operators have around 5000 plus another 4400 minibuses. But TfL don't send buses up mountains nor many onto motorways and the North Circular.

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
The NRM incidents are recent, buses before usually were alright but loads of factors, fatigue and a more common one bad brakes. The NRMs I have no understanding as to why as the same happened with Metroline's BYDs at Willesden albeit out of service, it ploughed the gates at the garage

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread