The Help Desk - Map Editing (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whistlehead

Alias Mr Hackenbacker
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Ask us here if there's anything to do with OMSI map/content development you need help with.

A few pointers before we begin:
  • The inoffical SDK for the editor is here: http://www.omnibussimulator.de/download/SDK/Manual_SDK_1_EN.pdf This should answer most of your questions about the editor. Note that a few things have changed since OMSI 1, such as having to hold CTRL to get spline paths to snap together, but the vast majority is still applicable.
  • For UK road markings and signage, sign up to the TSRGD here: TSRGD 2016 - Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 (we're also happy to answer your questions about this if you don't want to pore through several hundered pages...)
  • This isn't a place to ask about support about released maps (ask in the release thread) or gameplay (ask in general discussion).
So, what do you need a hand with?

Last edited by a moderator:

benhxrris

Creator of 'The Hamptons'
Jan 23, 2018
Hi all,
I am quite a few months into creating my own fictional LHD map ('The Hamptons') and have got to the point where I have started to notice a significant lack in traffic lights and 'complex' junctions. I am not great at the design element of things and was wondering if I can have some pointers on adding in some traffic lights, or if I would need to create my own junctions/invis junctions in Blender, etc..., and if so...where I could find a simple tutorial! I'd love to add some realism to my map such as roadwork traffic flow and signalled junctions...but just don't have the skills to do so at the moment!
Many thanks!

Advertisement

Tom9962

Morden Man
Outreach
Jun 3, 2017
London, UK, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
Hi all,
I am quite a few months into creating my own fictional LHD map ('The Hamptons') and have got to the point where I have started to notice a significant lack in traffic lights and 'complex' junctions. I am not great at the design element of things and was wondering if I can have some pointers on adding in some traffic lights, or if I would need to create my own junctions/invis junctions in Blender, etc..., and if so...where I could find a simple tutorial! I'd love to add some realism to my map such as roadwork traffic flow and signalled junctions...but just don't have the skills to do so at the moment!
Many thanks!
You can create the Junction in the normally OMSI Editor But You'll need SDK to do anything else Path wise ;)

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
hi i am making a map but for some reason when i go to chose my Dest it wont say were its going it only shows the number can anyone help
have you created a HOF file for your map?
if so, is the bus you are using equipped with that HOF file?

It can be a case where the wrong HOF file is selected. This can be down to human error when loading a bus in, or the AI selects the wrong one because the name at the top of the HOF file you created is not the same as the name of your map. They need to be the same for the AI to recognise that your HOF file relates to your map.

If the HOF file seems totally in order, the destination entered when creating a trip in the Editor may not be included in the HOF file, have a typo or not match. So if in the editor you set the route number to "1" and the destination to "Bus Station", the HOF file would need one destination to be called "Bus Station" - it won't recognise "busstn" or anything that is not identical.

There are literally loads of reasons why the destination might not be showing. These are just the errors I sometimes make which result in similar situations.

Jack Sargent

The Adstow Project Developer :)
Oct 24, 2017
have you created a HOF file for your map?
if so, is the bus you are using equipped with that HOF file?

It can be a case where the wrong HOF file is selected. This can be down to human error when loading a bus in, or the AI selects the wrong one because the name at the top of the HOF file you created is not the same as the name of your map. They need to be the same for the AI to recognise that your HOF file relates to your map.

If the HOF file seems totally in order, the destination entered when creating a trip in the Editor may not be included in the HOF file, have a typo or not match. So if in the editor you set the route number to "1" and the destination to "Bus Station", the HOF file would need one destination to be called "Bus Station" - it won't recognise "busstn" or anything that is not identical.

There are literally loads of reasons why the destination might not be showing. These are just the errors I sometimes make which result in similar situations.
ok thanks

Stuck on tile -1
1539626072534.png

Advertisement

tr673

I'm a Scania
Apr 19, 2017
Notts or Lincs...
www.flickr.com
Hi all, i was woundering if someone could tell how i wld path the ai so that they drive on the left hand side of the road and how i would do it

Thanks for the help
Left Path splines are available to download. I know it is possible to get the basic Altoner and Seeburger (or whatever they're called) splines and junctions from somewhere, as well as a lot of the Simple Streets stuff. All in left path, and with more realistic textures too.
Someone else might be able to point to exactly where these things are available.

Sambob_12

Controlling your content since 2018
Administrator
FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Oct 26, 2016
Kent, UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread