The SDRM (1 Viewer)

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
The SDRM started off as a series of random designs because I was bored summer 2016. Since then I've been redesigning the bus with various tweaks, and etc. Lets see some pictures then.

Phase 1
image.jpg

As you can see, there are many issues with the bus, of which you can probably work out yourself. It's relatively unorganised, and not that official looking, just a scrap in a note book for now. But after thinking about it for a while, I move on to...

Phase 2
image.jpg

The project really starts to get some headway. As well as a 3D drawing, the design begins to incorporate a more realistic profile, but a very boxy boring look at the same time. It isn't distinctive, has no unique features, nor would it be remembered as a London Icon by tourists and Londoners alike. This was around the end of summer 2016.

image.jpg

Phase 3
image.jpg

image.jpg

Now we start to see a uniqueness in the bus. It loses the boxy profile, and incorporates more features for Londoners to enjoy. Wide windows, unique side skylights, saving money in brighter hours, and a distinctive profile. It also comes with a new drawing, far superior to the previous version seen in Phase 2 in my opinion.

image.jpg

Phase 4?

Well that all depends on the feedback I'll hopefully get here. If you like it, tell me why, hate it, tell me why. I await your comments. :)

Advertisement

MylesW

i make things sometimes
Dec 29, 2016
The SDRM started off as a series of random designs because I was bored summer 2016. Since then I've been redesigning the bus with various tweaks, and etc. Lets see some pictures then.

Phase 1
View attachment 10608

As you can see, there are many issues with the bus, of which you can probably work out yourself. It's relatively unorganised, and not that official looking, just a scrap in a note book for now. But after thinking about it for a while, I move on to...

Phase 2
View attachment 10609

The project really starts to get some headway. As well as a 3D drawing, the design begins to incorporate a more realistic profile, but a very boxy boring look at the same time. It isn't distinctive, has no unique features, nor would it be remembered as a London Icon by tourists and Londoners alike. This was around the end of summer 2016.

View attachment 10610

Phase 3
View attachment 10612

View attachment 10614

Now we start to see a uniqueness in the bus. It loses the boxy profile, and incorporates more features for Londoners to enjoy. Wide windows, unique side skylights, saving money in brighter hours, and a distinctive profile. It also comes with a new drawing, far superior to the previous version seen in Phase 2 in my opinion.

View attachment 10615

Phase 4?

Well that all depends on the feedback I'll hopefully get here. If you like it, tell me why, hate it, tell me why. I await your comments. :)
Well well well...... A single decker NRM, look brill mate, you should have a go in blender if you want!

Reactions: The_Growl

Advertisement

Benjy

The DJ Guy
Oct 24, 2016
United Kingdom

Phase 1
View attachment 10608

Phase 2
View attachment 10609

View attachment 10610

Phase 3
View attachment 10612

View attachment 10614

View attachment 10615

Phase 4?

Maybe if Rhys gets a chance he could lend you some elements of the NRM or SRM

Benjy

The DJ Guy
Oct 24, 2016
United Kingdom
I somehow don't think its reasonable for you to be suggesting Rhys give him parts of his models. That's for Rhys to decide...plus that would get a bit complicated, giving him a payware model to create a freeware variant...
I don't mean it like that but I mean Rhys but he may be able to give some advice but I understand he is busy with the addon atm

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
I might have a little go and see what I can do with the pictures in blender :tongueout:
Go ahead. Keep in mind however,
  • I'm always changing the designs
  • The 3 door edition would need a custom chassis, while the 2 door can probably just go on a B8RLE
  • The drawings aren't to scale
  • The interior would be quite different
  • I haven't drawn up what the interior would look like

Reactions: MylesW

Advertisement

LT586

Was Living in the editor
Oct 25, 2016
North
That does look interesting, id be happy to help, what chassis you basing it on, the current one or the SRM chassis?
If you're ace at Blender then great! But i'll help where possible - PM me with any assistance you may need; no credit needed from me at all

The_Growl

Masterswitch Studios
Mar 7, 2017
London
The 3 door one would need a custom chassis. The 2 door could probably just go on a B8RLE, though I'm sure there's a reason there's none in London, and I'm not gonna make a model of it, at least not at the moment anyway. If you want to try, feel free.

D

Deleted member 422

That does look interesting, id be happy to help, what chassis you basing it on, the current one or the SRM chassis?
If you're ace at Blender then great! But i'll help where possible - PM me with any assistance you may need; no credit needed from me at all
The SRM chassis, is the B5LH. The same chassis that the Gemini2 & 3 come upon. I believe this is a two floor bus chassis, and so would not work on a single floor SDRM.

Reactions: The_Growl

Advertisement

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

Users who are viewing this thread