Repaints The Transdev Blazefield Megapack (1 Viewer)

FMTIlUIBgst0-pzpVDS0QSoOMBIfnMRD.png

For a while now, a certain company has been very under-represented in the UK OMSI community. Not many repaints have been released bearing their liveries. That company is Transdev.

I aim to change that. The Transdev Blazefield repaint megapack includes various liveries from a variety of Transdev operations, for example:
  • Blackburn (The Blackburn Bus Company/Lancashire United)
  • Burnley (Transdev in Burnley & Pendle)
  • Harrogate (The Harrogate Bus Company)
  • Keighley (The Keighley Bus Company)
  • York (Transdev in York, Yorkshire Coastliner and CityZap)
This repaint pack will include liveries from every town listed above, across the ages (I will attempt to do every single variation that has happened, but no promises). While all repaints are faithfully re-created and made as accurately as possible to its real-life counterpart, there may be some instances where repaints would be fictional/semi-fictional as the appropriate bus has not been released for OMSI (such as the Plaxton President), or any other various limitations I may come across.

Here's a little taster as to what you would expect from this pack:
20170319203720_1.png

(Big up @danielc2525 for baking the Harrogate Gemini 2 repaint for me! ;))

I will start with Yorkshire first, then transcend onto Lancashire. I hope to include every single subsidiary's liveries in this pack. However there may be a few instances where I couldn't get enough reference pictures to accurately re-create the repaint. Depending on the availability, I may have to "merge", miss bits out or drop the repaint completely.

Feel free to leave me tips, tricks, suggestions and constructive criticism. This thread will be updated quite a bit as I create new repaints to add to the list.

Don't expect this to be released any time soon. There are dozens upon dozens of liveries Transdev has/had.
(Oh, and every time someone says "when will this be released", "can I have a beta please" or leaves non-constructive criticism, the release date gets pushed back a week.)

If you have any kind of high-quality Transdev logos, decals, seat textures, handrails, etc, I would love to have the opportunity to use them in the pack. Please PM me them if you're willing to! (You will get full credit upon release).

Any screenshots I post in this thread are purely WIP and are subject to change and may not represent the final product.

Thank you for your time! :)

FAQ:
Q: When will this be released?
A: There's a lot of stuff to do, so I can't give a 100% exact release date. So please don't bother asking for one.

Q: How will this be released?
A: Due to the probable big size, it's likely I'll release this in waves. So for example I will release each division separate to each other. Nothing is final however.

List of repaints being created and percentage completed:

The Blackburn Bus Company
TBA

Transdev in Burnley & Pendle
Witch Way 2016 B9TL - ~90%
Mainline (B7L G1&2 and Renown) - ~60%

The Harrogate Bus Company
Standard:
HBC BF62 UXZ and X14 VTD B9TL - complete (download taster)
HC B7L and Renown - ~80%
HC B7TL - ~90%
H&D Renown - ~75%
TiH Renown - ~0%

The 1:
1st gen B7L and Renown - ~40%
2nd gen B7L and Renown - ~40%
3rd gen B7L - complete (download taster)

36:
1st gen B7TL - ~10% done
2nd gen B9TL - comes with the bus, no need for re-creation
3rd gen B5TL - waiting for bus' release

The Keighley Bus Company
KBC B7TL - ~60%
KBC B7L - ~60%
TiK B7TL - ~0%
TiK B7L - 0%

Transdev in York
CityZap B9TL - ~0%

Coastliner:
2nd gen B7TL - ~50%
2nd gen B7L - ~60%
3rd gen B7TL - ~0%
3rd gen B9TL - comes with the bus, no need for re-creation
3rd gen B7L - ~80%
4th gen B5TL - waiting for bus' release

York:
TiY Renown - ~0%
TiY B7L - ~0%
Unibus Renown - ~0%

(More repaints will be added to the list in due course)

Last edited:

Advertisement

Nov 19, 2016
I had this in the making quite a while ago now but kinda forgot about it. It's a VAMOOZ repaint for the B9TL.
I could put it into the pack if enough interest is gathered for it, or I could just release it separately as it's a fictional repaint (unless a B9TL is put into VAMOOZ colours).

View attachment 13454

There's still quite a bit to do to it, like adding in the correct fonts and fixing up some of the positioning, sizing and colour issues. But apart from that it's looking like it'll be done soon.
Did you use a template and which one

Reactions: Oliver Kirkby
D

demonlark12

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Inspect element can't be used to do that...its not hacking as Inspect Element does next to nothing...
Inspect Element tells you lots of things... like where the browser is going to download a copy of the fonts so the client-rendered JavaScript font previewer works. Even if the designers of the website haven't thought through their security system it is still hacking, because you're exploiting the system to cause them financial loss.

Anyway, we probably ought to move away from the topic of acquiring fonts for free and back to the subject of this thread. :)

amelia

maybe i'm just thinking too much
Apr 13, 2016
North Yorkshire
amethyst-studios.start.page
Pronouns
She/Her
Lil' announcement:

Progress has been slowed down a lot on this project, due to a lack of buses available that Transdev use. Therefore I will still be tweaking and improving existing repaints, however not many more repaints will be made (if any at all) until more buses are created and released for OMSI.

Thanks for your understanding.

Same here :D
Yep same here and I have already asked The Leeds Lad whether he will make one.

This is currently at Harrogate...
View attachment 11484
Yeah it's a nice bus, comfortable and the new Vamooz bus is alright but it keeps going into neutral when it stops and when the hand brake is applied :/

Does anyone know how many routes cotterell has?? I might buy it for omsi or I might get south London as they are the only 2 British ones I know of.

@The Leeds Lad If it's possible can you add the vamooz bus??

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread