Buses Transbus ALX400 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP shots of the Transbus Tidents 2 / ALX400. It's at an early stage of development so please don't judge as there's more to come ;)
1ef27dacf925c1aa614ab6d507fe53d8.jpeg

7GRK9xzav286D0r_ifZxJRqdcWQ8Aucl.jpeg
Moderators edit: Topic moved into a new Work in Progress thread.

Last edited:

BritishRail60062

A Friendly Rail & Transport Fan.
Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
I am sure McGill's were flogging some of their ex-London United and Metroline TA's on eBay a while ago. As I know they had a few LG02 and some T-CLO reg ones. I don;t know if they still have them or not. However I think the McGills livery would suit this bus from V3D though. I am a bit ignorant on Scottish liveries to be honest :(. But the McGills Blue/While looks smart on any bus to me :).

Advertisement

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
Oh and next you'll be saying that I prefer Alexanders over Plaxton.
To be honest. Alexander has made some legacy buses in the past. Such as the Y-Type and the ALX400 which both are my top favourites. Also I believe Alexander used to have a bus building plant in Belfast as well until it closed production in around 2004 as it was not part of the deal when ADL was formed in late 2004 from the failed Transbus company that went under. But the Belfast plant did produce many of the ALX400's for the Mainland UK as well as those for Dublin Bus in Ireland and Ulsterbus in Northern Ireland

Alexander-Dennis as it now known as can and do make some very nice looking buses compared to some alternatives that I have seen from other bus makers. In particular the MCV decker and the Optare Metrodeck (or whatever that thing is called) just lack finesse and style when compared to the modern Enviro 400 MMC and even the ALX400 looks very modern when compared to those two buses in my opinion.

Castlemilk37

98% Organic Human (may contain traces of asbestos)
Jun 29, 2016
1 Muriel Street, Barrhead
To be honest. Alexander has made some legacy buses in the past. Such as the Y-Type and the ALX400 which both are my top favourites. Also I believe Alexander used to have a bus building plant in Belfast as well until it closed production in around 2004 as it was not part of the deal when ADL was formed in late 2004 from the failed Transbus company that went under. But the Belfast plant did produce many of the ALX400's for the Mainland UK as well as those for Dublin Bus in Ireland and Ulsterbus in Northern Ireland

Alexander-Dennis as it now known as can and do make some very nice looking buses compared to some alternatives that I have seen from other bus makers. In particular the MCV decker and the Optare Metrodeck (or whatever that thing is called) just lack finesse and style when compared to the modern Enviro 400 MMC and even the ALX400 looks very modern when compared to those two buses in my opinion.
Guessing you didn't get the gag.

Advertisement

BritishRail60062

Jan 10, 2017
Northern Ireland
www.youtube.com
I am thinking of doing a SNCF Carmillon livery to match the TGV Duplex.

Shall I also make the new Eurostar livery on the ALX400 just for fun rail replacement purposes as well? :D.

I'm not drunk - honest.

Here is some progress of the cabview as the shield is complete and it looks jolly good if I must say so myself :).

Well done V3DStudios!

I am so glad I donated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread