Maps [UKDT] Cotterell (1 Viewer)

x5DYZ4lGKYj4o9gyJonQNUcwTO37AF5J.png

Welcome to Cotterell! This is a map based on the city of Bath, in south-west England.

The public release will feature just one route, running from Cotterell bus station up to the University. It takes approximately 15 minutes to complete each leg, and buses will be timetabled to run the route throughout the day.

What does it look like?

Routeres1994's video (of a preview copy, and subject to change) should give you a pretty good idea:

There are still a few things we're going to add and change before final release, so it'll be even better then :)

Will the map be expanded?

The map in itself isn't going to be expanded. However, after we have released Buses of the Westcountry 2, we are going to merge the two maps together, making a massive network map covering a large portion of the westcountry! We'll then expand the map even further, fleshing it out with new routes and building further west into Cornwall.

When is it released?

The map will be released on the first of April, so look out for it then! :)

The map is now released!

Last edited by a moderator:

Advertisement

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Map fixes are awaiting me finishing off and officially releasing my updated objects pack as there's some changes that need to be made relating to it. I'll be fixing the junctions with issues (disappearing cars, too many peds (and the traffic issues they cause), bad phases, etc.), fixing random other little bugs and culling some polygons in the pavillion area before handing it back to the rest of the UKDT if they want to tweak anything. In the meantime, I've fixed a couple quite major things. :)

Advertisement

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
The excessive pedestrians at the Bus Station kinda need fixed... I ended up 10 mins late yesterday (after waiting to get out of the Railway Station bus stop), then into the Layover bay, out of that didn't take too long, then the AI wouldn't budge until the pedestrians did...

iMarkeh

UK Omsi Magazine Founder
Banned Member
Apr 1, 2016
Chester, UK
The excessive pedestrians at the Bus Station kinda need fixed... I ended up 10 mins late yesterday (after waiting to get out of the Railway Station bus stop), then into the Layover bay, out of that didn't take too long, then the AI wouldn't budge until the pedestrians did...

I regularly turn into the bus station the wrong way and u-turn then enter the stand.

Advertisement

I can't get the IBIS to work. I've typed 1801 and 1802 into the computer but I get "Bad Destination" reading. When I try to do it manual through OMSI drop down list Cotterell isn't even mentioned - just a few Hong Kong destinations plus Farthington and BotW. Have I got the wrong hof file?

Road-hog123

An Orange Bus
FF Council
UKDT
Add-on London Team
Dec 10, 2015
Kent, UK
roadhog123.co.uk
Pronouns
He/Him
Is this a known bug by the bathwick hill stop or is it OMSI being OMSI

It is known and will be fixed in the major patch. :)

I can't get the IBIS to work. I've typed 1801 and 1802 into the computer but I get "Bad Destination" reading. When I try to do it manual through OMSI drop down list Cotterell isn't even mentioned - just a few Hong Kong destinations plus Farthington and BotW. Have I got the wrong hof file?

Did you make sure to have the "Cotterell.hof" file in the folder for the bus you are using and to select "Cotterell" when spawning in the bus?

Ross

FF Council
Premium Subscriber
Apr 1, 2016
Dundee
You need to put the Cotterell.hof file into the selected bus of your choice. So if you're driving the Gemini 2, you have to locate the Cotterell.hof file on your computer and copy and paste it in to the Volvo B9TL Gemini2 folder in OMSI 2\Vehicles. The same goes for any other bus of your choice.

I am sure that the hof file is already in the Volvo B9TL folder in the download/extraction process, however @Road-hog123 may be able to clarify?

Nothing to do with the topic of missing textures but I love cotterell and I have been driving on it all morning! I love the way you can make maps in an instant, and simply how detailed they are! You are doing such a good job the way you are doing. The bus routes which you are doing are situated in the south west, arent they? And I come from the North East. A lot of bus routes in the north east are quite different to the ones that ive seen in your maps, like the 97 from Newcastle to the metrocentre. These routes are not simple and go through main roads, but instead go around housing estates on the way. I'd love to see this in Cotterell where there is one more route, which goes from the city centre of Cotterell and through a couple of housing estates and end up in a location which is a hopsital or a shopping mall. That would be great! For example, where the bus comes onto that big stretch of road which is wide from the roundabout toward the city centre, the bus turns left toward the city centre. It'd be good to have a service turn right for example, and continue along for a bit before turning right. Once it turns right, it goes around a housing estate and comes out near the primary school on the big bank. Then it could go down bathwick hill untill it reaches the smaller roundabout and turns right and heads through there and gets to a shopping centre, along a high street or something like that. Dont get me wrong your maps are absolutely brilliant, outstanding infact, I'd just like to see a little more variety in the bus lines. To see what i mean, take a look at the 97 timetable from Go North East from Newcastle to Metrocentre.

Advertisement

Users who are viewing this thread